New rumor

Ron2112

This was over at RIAB....apparently, golfer Rocco Mediate is close with the band via Alex. He reports that Neil is still "hesitant," but is playing a fundraiser with Alex next month. At that point, there are supposed to be more discussions about future plans.
  • Like 16

Well, that's better news than the "Screw you guys, I'm going home...FOREVER" Neil gave us at the end of R40.
  • Like 7

If true that is a good sign. We need somebody on the inside of this "fundraiser". Someone check JohnnyBlaze's calendar.
  • Like 4

This was over at RIAB....apparently, golfer Rocco Mediate is close with the band via Alex. He reports that Neil is still "hesitant," but is playing a fundraiser with Alex next month. At that point, there are supposed to be more discussions about future plans.

To be clear, it's ALEX and Rocco who are playing in the fundraiser. Honestly, I think the best we can hope for is a new album - but why would they?

I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by upstateNYfan

This isn't really new news. That person that recently got to talk to Alex and saw him playing said he mentioned they were talking about something later this year. Who knows if anything will come of it.

To be clear, it's ALEX and Rocco who are playing in the fundraiser. Honestly, I think the best we can hope for is a new album - but why would they?

I hope I'm wrong.

I think that is a very real possibility. From what I understand, Neil's adversity is with touring, not recording.
  • Like 1

:cosmo: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :cosmo: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :cosmo: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :cosmo:

One drinkie drinkie two drinkie drinkie three drinkie drinkie SOS!

• Like 2

Well, that's better news than the "Screw you guys, I'm going home...FOREVER" Neil gave us at the end of R40.

Shoulda closed R40 with that, Cartman on the big screen "Screw you guys, ima going home" and Neil scurrying off the stage in the darkness, lol.

• Like 3

I guess I don't understand why there's so much Neil hate? Has the guy not worked hard enough? Is it selfish for him to want to retire in his old age? Maybe I'm missing something he said?
  • Like 16

I guess I don't understand why there's so much Neil hate? Has the guy not worked hard enough? Is it selfish for him to want to retire in his old age? Maybe I'm missing something he said?

He's a convenient scapegoat.

• Like 4

:goodone:

He only was part of a team that made 18 studio albums together, and a tour to support each one (and a couple extra tours to boot) over a 40+ year period.

I know if I had millions of dollars and tendinitis in my shoulders, I probably would stop touring too.

• Like 7

People think Neil owes them something, and when he doesn't do what they want they get mad.

• Like 7

People think Neil owes them something, and when he doesn't do what they want they get mad.

That's exactly the feeling I get. Come on guys, who's the one being selfish here?

• Like 5

Well, he owes me another two studio albums, at least one more tour, and a personal ride on his motorcycle. :sarcastic:
  • Like 3

I hope I'm wrong.

So this report should say Rocco and Alex are playing fundraiser and we know nothing about geddy and Neil?

IF they do something ... and that is a big IF ... it sounds like it would be a new album and the timing sounds right based on the rumors. Since T4E they have released a new album every 5 years. Next year would make it 5 years (!) since CA was released.

And while I know Neil owes us squat, I personally would like another album just so the studio album releases from each "phase" of their career would even out! :LOL:

• Like 3

IF they do something ... and that is a big IF ... it sounds like it would be a new album and the timing sounds right based on the rumors. Since T4E they have released a new album every 5 years. Next year would make it 5 years (!) since CA was released.

And while I know Neil owes us squat, I personally would like another album just so the studio album releases from each "phase" of their career would even out! :LOL:

I'm with you there. A new studio album would be amazing, even without a tour.

• Like 1

Making an album would have to be strictly a work of passion because it makes no economic sense without playing live.

At this point in their lives, and with so many interests, why would they spend all that effort (and money!) without some sort of reward?

• Like 1

Making an album would have to be strictly a work of passion because it makes no economic sense without playing live.

At this point in their lives, and with so many interests, why would they spend all that effort (and money!) without some sort of reward?

.... For the fans? ... :ph34r:

:laughing guy: