I miss The Boys Already!!!!

robertrobyn

Life does go on.

True, but of course for many of us the band have been so important, it's hard to imagine

life without them.

I'm still hoping it's somehow not over. We in Europe never got a chance to say "Goodbye"

You can do it.

Call me what you will I miss the boys knowing it might really be over! Oh well life rolls on.

Now you know how I felt the first time I heard Signals

How did you feel when you bought the New World Man 12 inch single? I was thinking what's happened to Geddy's voice, he's singing in a really low register??

• Like 1

Call me what you will I miss the boys knowing it might really be over! Oh well life rolls on.

How did you feel when you bought the New World Man 12 inch single? I was thinking what's happened to Geddy's voice, he's singing in a really low register??

I never bought a man's 12 inch anything

I never bought a man's 12 inch anything

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODc1WDkwMA==/z/CwcAAOSwv-NWXrjD/$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTA2WDg5OQ==/z/zNcAAOSwwE5WXrjr/$_57.JPG

• Like 3

Geddy and Alex really should continue their musical careers without Neil. And if Neil has a problem with it, then it's his problem and not Ged and Al's. In fact hey, the song Anthem clearly says. "Live for yourself, there's no one more worth living for."

Frankly, if Neil does have an issue with any sort of solo projects or solo tours, I'd like to say to him "So you expect Geddy and Al to just bend to your will and never play another note of music again just because you're retired? Doesn't that go against what you wrote in Anthem and Something For Nothing? All that jazz about living life they way you want to?"

Why would Neil object to solo projects or tours? He has no say in that anyway. I just don't ever want to see the guys play with another drummer under the Rush name. They should have just announced the last tour as a farewell tour. It would have ended a lot of questions and speculation.

They didn't announce it as a farewell tour because Geddy and Alex made it clear that they are both not done.

With Rush they are. At least live that is.

Edited by presto123

I hate this pansy "the boys" crap, these guys are almost 70, and you people calling them boys are about 50 so who's the boys? You lot, you're the fuckking boys! :madra:

It's a colloquialism!

I hate this pansy "the boys" crap, these guys are almost 70, and you people calling them boys are about 50 so who's the boys? You lot, you're the fuckking boys! :madra:

I bet you don't have any issues with being called baby. ;)

Are you calling me Babycat!?? :o :pussy: :pussy: :pussy: :pussy: :pussy:

• Like 1

It's a colloquialism!

It's a dumbism!

• Like 1

You rang....? :P

• Like 2

I read the topic as "I kiss The Boys already"

I was thinking you'd chosen the wrong forum to come out...

http://img.welt.de/img/gesundheit/crop132523478/5356937753-ci3x2l-w900/Sigmund-Freud-3-.jpg

"Sometimes a banana is just a banana..."

;)

• Like 1

http://blogs.wvgazettemail.com/popmachine/files/2014/07/Lurch.jpg

• Like 3

Geddy and Alex really should continue their musical careers without Neil. And if Neil has a problem with it, then it's his problem and not Ged and Al's. In fact hey, the song Anthem clearly says. "Live for yourself, there's no one more worth living for."

Frankly, if Neil does have an issue with any sort of solo projects or solo tours, I'd like to say to him "So you expect Geddy and Al to just bend to your will and never play another note of music again just because you're retired? Doesn't that go against what you wrote in Anthem and Something For Nothing? All that jazz about living life they way you want to?"

No way. :rush: would not be :rush: without Neil.

Correct, it wouldn't be Rush but it could be a cool Rush tribute act.

:eh:

Edited by x1yyz

http://blogs.wvgazettemail.com/popmachine/files/2014/07/Lurch.jpg

:D

• Like 1

I haven't been able to listen to them since the R40 tour ended, without feeling sad. It's weird considering I used to listen to them all day long for weeks on end.

i always feel pretty happy whenever I listen to them.

Celebrate the moment.

• Like 4

I don't think Neil is out to try and stop Alex and Ged from solo projects, he hasn't in the past. The dude's just old and tired. He's worked hard to give us great music for over 40 years, has a daughter, and wants to retire. Everybody has to retire eventually. Alex and Geddy can keep on doing solo projects if they wish to continue.

• Like 1

Has Neil actually said something like this?

It seems like something he would never say, ever.

• Like 2

In what world does Neil say Geddy and Alex are now finished as musicians and can never pursue their chosen profession ever again?

Gotta love the internet where truth is false and logic lost,

In what world does Neil say Geddy and Alex are now finished as musicians and can never pursue their chosen profession ever again?

Gotta love the internet where truth is false and logic lost,

Yeah, I definitely knew that wasn't the case, but from what I've seen, a lot of trustworthy stuff is posted here, so I thought there might be some credence to his claim.

This reads as if you WANT Peart to have an issue with Lee & Lifeson continuing. It's a wasted "if" because IF anything, Neil would wish them luck.

And bringing up lyrics from songs 40 years ago like they're his guiding force for the rest of his life? Come on.

This reads as if you WANT Peart to have an issue with Lee & Lifeson continuing. It's a wasted "if" because IF anything, Neil would wish them luck.

And bringing up lyrics from songs 40 years ago like they're his guiding force for the rest of his life? Come on.

As I always say, consider the source.

• Like 1

Life does go on.

True, but of course for many of us the band have been so important, it's hard to imagine

life without them.

I'm still hoping it's somehow not over. We in Europe never got a chance to say "Goodbye"

If it's been this hard to imagine them retiring after 40 awesome years ... a lifetime really... Imagine what it was like for Beatles' fans in 1970? I mean, up until John died everyone was obsessed with them getting back together (and for some, even after that!). Imagine what a Beatles message board would be like in 1971... Talk about being in denial about a breakup! Haha!:) sorry just random Sunday morning thoughts...

• Like 2