Lame Song of the Day

JohnRogers

I heard this in my supermarket today. I had to run to another aisle, away from the speakers.

White lace and promises ?!?!?! WTF is that ?

A wedding dress & vows, maybe? :huh:

:wub: the Carpenters

Afternoon delight - who the f**k?

that was a hit too.......that song is so overly smiley it has like hidden seriel killer vibes, lol

Mick

The author's son competed on The Voice this year.

Interesting! I don't usually watch it. He must have grown up musically influenced. My college roommate was always playing that lousy Starland Vocal Band album, but apparently the guy also wrote, "Take Me Home, Country Roads" for John Denver and ended up being worth a fortune.

that was a hit too.......that song is so overly smiley it has like hidden seriel killer vibes, lol

Mick

Interesting! I don't usually watch it. He must have grown up musically influenced. My college roommate was always playing that lousy Starland Vocal Band album, but apparently the guy also wrote, "Take Me Home, Country Roads" for John Denver and ended up being worth a fortune.

Yep. It turns out that Irish folks live country music. As a matter of fact, Country Roads was played at the wedding I just attended outside of Belfast.
  • Like 1

Mick

Yep. It turns out that Irish folks live country music. As a matter of fact, Country Roads was played at the wedding I just attended outside of Belfast.

I am jealous! It sounds like you had a marvelous trip and live Irish music sounds wonderful! But welcome back to all our US politics and infighting :(

Mick

I am jealous! It sounds like you had a marvelous trip and live Irish music sounds wonderful! But welcome back to all our US politics and infighting :(

Ireland and the rest of Europe have their own political headaches to deal with. I was asked about Trump a lot, mostly from a perspective of incredulity that he was a nominee. I sensed that Obama is generally adored, and that Hillary is seen as a flawed but acceptable candidate.

Mick

Ireland and the rest of Europe have their own political headaches to deal with. I was asked about Trump a lot, mostly from a perspective of incredulity that he was a nominee. I sensed that Obama is generally adored, and that Hillary is seen as a flawed but acceptable candidate.

I guess that is so with the Brexit. I was reading an article where they worry about a return to the "troubles" in Northern Ireland because the Brexit vote may/will impede travel between Ireland and Northern Ireland again. So sad. Interesting to hear that about our upcoming election!

Mick

I guess that is so with the Brexit. I was reading an article where they worry about a return to the "troubles" in Northern Ireland because the Brexit vote may/will impede travel between Ireland and Northern Ireland again. So sad. Interesting to hear that about our upcoming election!

July 12th (N. Ireland's Union Day) was especially tense this year. It was strange to see the walls of the towns around Belfast painted with pro-Ulster Defense Alliance murals...the "Red Hand". The North is making a clear statement against any dreams of a united Ireland.

Heard this today. Any song title with the word WATCHA in it is lame.

http://youtu.be/NPWqe7l6JK8

:LOL: True, but I remember liking the song. Good times in the seventies! :)

I love the song...They were my first real concert, and Pablo Cruise still kills it live!

"When my baby, when my baby smiles at me..."

• Like 2

Heard this today. Any song title with the word WATCHA in it is lame.

http://youtu.be/NPWqe7l6JK8

:LOL: True, but I remember liking the song. Good times in the seventies! :)

I love the song...They were my first real concert, and Pablo Cruise still kills it live!

"When my baby, when my baby smiles at me..."

I don't know.... I remember it from the 70's but hearing today... not so sure.

Mick

July 12th (N. Ireland's Union Day) was especially tense this year. It was strange to see the walls of the towns around Belfast painted with pro-Ulster Defense Alliance murals...the "Red Hand". The North is making a clear statement against any dreams of a united Ireland.

:( :(

I posted that song in the cheesy thread last week.

I think thats why I remembered it. Thanks!

You wanna talk LAME ??

I heard "Spoonman" the other day at work ..

" spoonman, save me ... all my friends are Indians, all my friends are brown and red"

lol

I didn't know those tortured grungers had friends

Edited by Lucas

oh geeesh ... c'mon now

Can we take it easy on The Carpenters ?

Like you did Thrice?

I can't stand The Carpenters for the most part.

oh geeesh ... c'mon now

One of the greatest voices ever recorded.

But once again this isn't a thread to discuss stuff we like.

oh geeesh ... c'mon now

Plenty of lame songs sung bybthat voice. :)

"Every sha-la-la'la, every whoah-oh-oh still shines..."

• Like 1

oh geeesh ... c'mon now

I have to say I love her voice.

I can only play about five songs by them though. They are too one note for me. A whole album is extremely bland, and even blander than a lot of modern pop.

But her voice and grace I cannot deny. Beautiful woman whose struggles I know only to well (sadly the treatment and advice for anorexia sufferers today was not really on offer in her day).

oh geeesh ... c'mon now

I have to say I love her voice.

I can only play about five songs by them though. They are too one note for me. A whole album is extremely bland, and even blander than a lot of modern pop.

But her voice and grace I cannot deny. Beautiful woman whose struggles I know only to well (sadly the treatment and advice for anorexia sufferers today was not really on offer in her day).

:(

In the struggle that ultimately took her life, she helped bring anorexia into public discussion.

Edited by goose