TRF TRULY ranks Moving Pictures' tracks

JohnnyBlaze

Honestly I'm surprised Red Barchetta made #1, even though it's what I voted for. I figured Tom Sawyer would end up in the top spot since it's always been a popular song with the masses.
  • Like 2

Honestly I'm surprised Red Barchetta made #1, even though it's what I voted for. I figured Tom Sawyer would end up in the top spot since it's always been a popular song with the masses.

After hearing so many TRFers say it's not their favorite, I assumed Tom wouldn't be #1. I am surprised by Barchetta though. I thought it'd be #2 or #3. Still, can't really go wrong with it.

• Like 1

Bravo JB, great work !!

When do we move on to Permanent Waves ?

:D

I'm not touching Permanent Waves because you assholes won't shut up about whether it's a 70s or 80s album! :LOL: ;)

Someone else can do the other albums. Basically, I just wanted to show that a REAL way to rank CAN be done for certain things.

I actually went ahead and posted one for Permanent Waves. I know it seems hasty, but it might be my all-time favorite Rush album and I felt like putting it up.

By the way, terrific job with these Moving Pictures rankings.

:cheers:

Cool. I'll check out that PeW thread.

Thanks for compiling the stats, JB!

And, people, why so little love for Witch Hunt?!

Well, Ive got a lot of love for Witch Hunt despite it being my #6 song. It just happens to be on this perfect album with all these other Rush classics that I love just a little bit more.

• Like 1

After hearing so many TRFers say it's not their favorite, I assumed Tom wouldn't be #1. I am surprised by Barchetta though. I thought it'd be #2 or #3. Still, can't really go wrong with it.

I guess it depends on whether the ranking is for just liking a song or whether the song is well put together. They aren't always the same thing.

Well folks, the TRUE TRF rankings for Moving Pictures' tunes have been tallied and calculated. 46 of you have ranked so thanks for that. I think it's a respectable sample and gives a good idea of what we generally think. So here's where the songs fall. Their calculated ranking average is in parentheses along with a few other stats below that.

1) Red Barchetta (2.6739)

2) Limelight (2.9782)

3) YYZ (3.7391)

4) Tom Sawyer (4.0869)

5) The Camera Eye (4.2173)

6) Witch Hunt (5.1086)

7) Vital Signs (5.5434)

As I said in a previous post, every song was ranked in every position at least once but here are a few other stats...

Number of #1 rankings per tune...

RB: 12

Lime: 12

YYZ: 4

Tom: 4

TCE: 9!!!!...but it still placed only 5th due to the number of #5-#7 rankings it got. Tom just beat out TCE because of the volume of #3-#5 rankings that IT got.

WH: 2

VS: 3

Number of #7 rankings per tune...

RB: 2

Lime: 1

YYZ: 3

Tom: 3

TCE: 6

WH: 15!

VS: 16!!!

Red Barchetta has assumed control...

http://www.kaliteliresimler.com/data/media/422/Ferrari-550Barchetta.jpg

:blaze:

That's the correct order, MY order! :banana: :clap:

http://i.imgur.com/1sJQ5k2.jpg

Edited by treeduck

Witch Hunt in last place.

In the end it was Vital Signs...

When I first did the tally (before the last half dozen or so ratings came in) Limelight was in the #1 slot BUT Vital Signs was always in that #7 position

Limelight had the limelight stolen from it but Vital Signs remained on life support.

• Like 3

I know my vote is late, but here's how i'd rank them

1. Tom Sawyer

2. YYZ

3. Witch Hunt

4. Red Barchetta

5. Limelight

6. The Camera Eye

7. Vital Signs

Edited by Eel Yddeg

Why is anyone surprised that Red Barchetta got the top spot?

Remember a couple years ago when one of the members created a thread to determine the number one Rush song of all time according to us and Red Barchetta won. I'm not the least bit surprised it topped the list here.

Remember a couple years ago when one of the members created a thread to determine the number one Rush song of all time according to us and Red Barchetta won. I'm not the least bit surprised it topped the list here.

Don't remember that #1 Rush song of all time thread. Also, TRF today isn't TRF of yesterday. And thinking more about it, how was the #1 tune decided? A vote of all 168 songs?

I kind of thought Limelight or YYZ was going to take it with Red Barchetta in the top 3. It was my #2 but I seem to hear more positive comments about other MP tunes.

Don't remember that #1 Rush song of all time thread. Also, TRF today isn't TRF of yesterday. And thinking more about it, how was the #1 tune decided? A vote of all 168 songs?

I kind of thought Limelight or YYZ was going to take it with Red Barchetta in the top 3. It was my #2 but I seem to hear more positive comments about other MP tunes.

Here's a link to the results of that survey.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/86772-the-rush-ratings-project-results/page__hl__%2Brush+%2Bsong+%2Brankings

• Like 1

Let me just post this again, the correct order is treeduck order!

http://i.imgur.com/1sJQ5k2.jpg

And Eaglemoon order.

• Like 1

1) Limelight

2) Red Barchetta

3) The Camera Eye

4) Witch Hunt

5) Vital Signs

6) YYZ

7) Tom Sawyer

I give every song on this album 10/10. One of the most perfect albums ever.

I can happily admit though that Tom Sawyer has always been the great opening number of the eighties Rush era but...I enjoy the next six songs so much more.

Lucas' order:

2 spring rolls

Chicken Pho

This coming from the guy who loves J-Pop haha!!

I never understand how you can slate "commercial" Rush and yet rave about Japanese schoolgirl pop!!

• Like 1

Lucas' order:

2 spring rolls

Chicken Pho

I never understand how you can slate "commercial" Rush and yet rave about Japanese schoolgirl pop!!

He likes Vital Signs, that's as commercial as it gets!

• Like 1

Lucas' order:

2 spring rolls

Chicken Pho

I love that song!

Lucas' order:

2 spring rolls

Chicken Pho

I love that song!

He rates it as the best on Moving Pictures though.

• Like 1