JohnnyBlaze

1) Limelight

2) Tom Sawyer

3) YYZ

4) Red Barchetta

5) Vital Signs

6) The Camera Eye

7) Witch Hunt

Good Lord, this was difficult to list. Tom Sawyer and YYZ could pretty much be interchangeable at #2 and #3, IMO, as well as RB, VS and TCE at numbers 4, 5, and 6. Also, I think this kind of listing would be a great thing to do with all of Rush's albums.

Yes, this kind of RANKING ;) would work with the albums. Basically, I was too lazy to do it for all the albums...that is, calculating 7 songs is easier than doing it for 19 or whatever albums. Besides, this was more of a test to see who'd bite. You're more than welcome to do one for the albums.

And I agree, some of the songs are interchangeable since many (if not all) of them are perfect 10s IMHO.

I thought the OP meant that this ranking of songs on each album would be fun to do with all of Rush's albums. Which it would!

Not sure what he meant now that you mention it. But yeah, of course it'd work with any album. I mentioned such a thing in another thread prior to starting this one.

And it would work with the albums themselves.

• Like 1

This was a great idea JB. Moving Pictures is no Clockwork Angels, but it has its moments:

1)Red Barchetta

2)Witch Hunt

3)TCE

4)Limelight

5)Tom Sawyer

6)YYZ

7)Vital Signs

:LOL: :lol: :LOL: Oops, sorry JB, didn't mean for TM's result to go in twice; he is just so funny!

Here for ya girl!
  • Like 1

This was a great idea JB. Moving Pictures is no Clockwork Angels, but it has its moments:

:LOL: :lol: :LOL: Oops, sorry JB, didn't mean for TM's result to go in twice; he is just so funny!

No prob. Anyone that can incorporate Max Von Sydow Ming the Merciless into Rush is at least part genius. The other part is probably a form of mental illness. But hey, I'll definitely take it!

• Like 2

Yeah yeah yeah we've ranked Moving Pictures' songs before I'm sure but I don't think we've gotten a TRF ranking.

[Note: This thread is being done as per g under p's request.]

Rules:

1) Rank the 7 tracks off Moving Pictures

2) No ties.

3) No ties.

At 10am this Sunday MY time (30 minutes shy of exactly 3 days from now) the rankings will end. Then, I'll combine the scores and get the average for all 7 songs. In case of a tie, I'll note it. So, the more replies with rankings, the better.

Be patient. On Sunday (most of you guys' Saturday night) we'll know the TRUE TRF rankings of Moving Pictures' tunes.

Here are mine:

1) Limelight

2) Red Barchetta

3) Tom Sawyer

4) YYZ

5) The Camera Eye

6) Witch Hunt

7) Vital Signs

So go for it. Let's see your rankings. :blaze:

At long last,. a TRULY TRUE Rush Ranking.

My ranking of the songs on MP would be the same as yours.

• Like 1

Yeah yeah yeah we've ranked Moving Pictures' songs before I'm sure but I don't think we've gotten a TRF ranking.

[Note: This thread is being done as per g under p's request.]

Rules:

1) Rank the 7 tracks off Moving Pictures

2) No ties.

3) No ties.

At 10am this Sunday MY time (30 minutes shy of exactly 3 days from now) the rankings will end. Then, I'll combine the scores and get the average for all 7 songs. In case of a tie, I'll note it. So, the more replies with rankings, the better.

Be patient. On Sunday (most of you guys' Saturday night) we'll know the TRUE TRF rankings of Moving Pictures' tunes.

Here are mine:

1) Limelight

2) Red Barchetta

3) Tom Sawyer

4) YYZ

5) The Camera Eye

6) Witch Hunt

7) Vital Signs

So go for it. Let's see your rankings. :blaze:

At long last,. a TRULY TRUE Rush Ranking.

My ranking of the songs on MP would be the same as yours.

:cheers:

You should post them. When it comes to tallying the scores a few days from now, I might overlook your rankings if I don't actually see them.

• Like 1

This is like asking to rank your 7 children. I love them all. :LOL:

1.) YYZ

2.) Vital Signs

3.) Witch Hunt

4.) Limelight

5.) Tom Sawyer

6.) Red Barchetta

7.) The Camera Eye

• Like 2

1. Vital Signs

2. Red Barchetta

3. Witch Hunt

4.Limelight

5. Camera Eye

6. Tom Sawyer

7. YYZ

Why does YYZ rank last? Because of the singing in the live versions...BECAUSE OF THE DAMN SINGING. QUIT f***ing SINGING YOU MORONS, IT'S AN INSTRUMENTAL!! Stupid Brazilians for starting it, stupid Americans for taking that particularly annoying ball and running with it. :rage: YOU'VE TAKEN A PERFECTLY DECENT INSTRUMENTAL AND RUINED IT! RUINED IT I SAY! I CAN'T EVEN BE IN THE SAME ROOM AS YOU DOING THIS WITHOUT EXPLODING INTO RAGE!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR STUPID 'WHOA WHOA'S'?! DO YOU?!! Well, I suppose you can guess from the tone of this post. :poke: WTF, PEOPLE?!!! KNOCK IT OFF!!

No prob. Anyone that can incorporate Max Von Sydow Ming the Merciless into Rush is at least part genius.

At least partly. I know people who are geniuses...they're real dicks.

Off topic YYZ - Back in the 90's grunge era, I did a music course and had to present a clip of my favourite band. So I presented a video of YYZ from ASOH.

Now keep in mind this was the 90's, and dropped D tuning and no guitar solo's were the in-thing.

Jaws were on the floor. No one in the class had seen or heard anything like it (in Australia).

• Like 4

Off topic YYZ - Back in the 90's grunge era, I did a music course and had to present a clip of my favourite band. So I presented a video of YYZ from ASOH.

Now keep in mind this was the 90's, and dropped D tuning and no guitar solo's were the in-thing.

Jaws were on the floor. No one in the class had seen or heard anything like it (in Australia).

Coincidentally, (in '91) I did an informational speech "The Evolution of Rush" in a uni speech course. It was 15-20 minutes on their musical and lyrical development up to that point. I played parts of these vids: In The Mood, La Villa, and Mystic Rhythms.

I got a B+. Professor comment was something like..."Very good organization and analysis of a band's history but ((spoken somewhat teasingly)) you went past the time limit by about 3-4 minutes." :LOL:

No joke though. Too much to say about Rush even 25 years ago.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2