Imagine You're Ray Daniels, old, fat and broke...

JohnRogers

OK, something interesting could come out of working with Nancy and Ann Wilson of Heart. As long as we are just making things up. I'm not sure I would like it very much but maybe. They are the female vocalists that come to mind that I can stand.

I thought of them immediately but I can't imagine Ann singing a Rush song.

That's it though: She wouldn't be singing a Rush song. In this fantasy land she'd be singing new songs with two former Rush members in a new band.

To entertain this fantasy, I'm going with Ann & Nancy Wilson (rhythm) with Matt Cameron on drums.

That's just your fantasy since Rush songs would be part of the setlist according to the OP. :)

OK, something interesting could come out of working with Nancy and Ann Wilson of Heart. As long as we are just making things up. I'm not sure I would like it very much but maybe. They are the female vocalists that come to mind that I can stand.

That's it though: She wouldn't be singing a Rush song. In this fantasy land she'd be singing new songs with two former Rush members in a new band.

To entertain this fantasy, I'm going with Ann & Nancy Wilson (rhythm) with Matt Cameron on drums.

That's just your fantasy since Rush songs would be part of the setlist according to the OP. :)

Ahh...I didn't interpret "...with Rush sprinkled in" as Rush SONGS being played. I thought it meant Rush INFLUENCE "sprinkled in" due to Lee & Lifeson being in there.

No, it's not my fantasy, I was just rolling with this idea. I saw a vid of Ann Wilson a year or two ago and she didn't sound like she did in the past ((how could she really?)) despite some saying she sounded the same.

Basically, I can't imagine anyone singing Rush songs (to my liking) except Geddy no matter how talented they are.

Ahh...I didn't interpret "...with Rush sprinkled in" as Rush SONGS being played. I thought it meant Rush INFLUENCE "sprinkled in" due to Lee & Lifeson being in there.

No, it's not my fantasy, I was just rolling with this idea. I saw a vid of Ann Wilson a year or two ago and she didn't sound like she did in the past ((how could she really?)) despite some saying she sounded the same.

Basically, I can't imagine anyone singing Rush songs (to my liking) except Geddy no matter how talented they are.

No I agree with you. I've heard a lot of people sing Rush songs but there is only one Geddy.

No I agree with you. I've heard a lot of people sing Rush songs but there is only one Geddy.

This guy is pretty credible. I'd still rather listen to Geddy, of course, but he does a much better job than a lot of people I've heard. I'm actually thinking about going to see these guys play, get at least a simulation of a Rush live fix!

• Like 1

:boo hiss:

I'd rather never Rush again than a lineup like that.

It would be called :rush:.

:eh:

You could call me, you, and Treeduck :rush: .

It wouldn't make us so. :no:

Sorry I meant wouldn't be called Rush.

:no:

You'd deny Ray Danniels the opportunity to earn some cheese to feed his family???

No. Never. Wal-Mart is hiring part-time help now. So is the Dollar Store.

Just got back from Macca,

But the Beatles music lives on, in a packed stadium nearly 50 years after their end. Wings as well. Sir Paul sounded great.

I have never in my 40+ years of listening, talking, discussing, attending his concerts, working with HIS record label,

Ever...and I mean Evvveerrrr...Heard Sir Paul McCartney referred to as .....'the Macca'

Now I know some good nick names ...and the Macca ain't 1 of them

The Ox (John Entwistle)

The Boss (Bruce Springsteen)

The Possum (George Jones)

Chairman of the Board (Frank Sinatra)

The Prince of Darkness (Ozzy Osbourne)

Godfather of Soul (James Brown)

Bonzo (John Bonham)

Slowhand (Eric Clapton)

Thin White Duke (David Bowie)

and least but not last..The Maestro (Bob Cobb)

What a list!

Pauls sooooo charming....

I updated wikipedia just so I could post below ;)

I think Scott Muni or Dave Herman called him that back in the day....

Macca is a common nickname in some English speaking countries of Anglo-Saxon heritage (less commonly in Canada and the United States, where "Mac" is used) for somebody whose surname begins with the Gaelic prefix Mac or Mc (meaning "son of").

People frequently referred to as Macca include:

Sir Paul McCartney, English singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and composer

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macca

• Like 1

You'd deny Ray Danniels the opportunity to earn some cheese to feed his family???

But the Beatles music lives on, in a packed stadium nearly 50 years after their end. Wings as well. Sir Paul sounded great.

I have never in my 40+ years of listening, talking, discussing, attending his concerts, working with HIS record label,

Ever...and I mean Evvveerrrr...Heard Sir Paul McCartney referred to as .....'the Macca'

The Ox (John Entwistle)

Bonzo (John Bonham)

Slowhand (Eric Clapton)

What a list!

Macca is a common nickname in some English speaking countries of Anglo-Saxon heritage (less commonly in Canada and the United States, where "Mac" is used) for somebody whose surname begins with the Gaelic prefix Mac or Mc (meaning "son of").

Sir Paul McCartney, English singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and composer

I have to get to the highlands of England more often

The Ox (John Entwistle)

Bonzo (John Bonham)

Slowhand (Eric Clapton)

What a list!

I have to get to the highlands of England more often

Gosh, Im such a fanboi now, again. The stories he told about both Georges, Harrison and Martin, and John of course. Also story about first song Quarrymen ever recorded. Im not as 'industry connected' and I was mezmarized.

If hes in anyones neck of the woods, dont hesitate to go.

See Ray, how much money I have available for traveling to non Rush shows!

THANK YOU NEIL E. PEART!

Hm, I suppose Ann Wilson could sing, Alex could do rythem, Petrucci could take leads, and Mike Portnoy could do drums since he's kind of musically available now anyways.