What Rush songs gave you goose pimples?

rftag

Have you ever had that experience where hearing an awesome new song for the first time actually caused the hairs on your arm to raise or to feel tingly?

That's called "goose pimples" and Rush is one of the few bands that have caused that physical reaction in me upon hearing a song of there's for the first time.

Some Rush songs that did that for me were:

*The Spirit of Radio

What about you?

• Like 2

I have memory and awareness, but I have no shape or form, as a disembodied spirit, I am dead, and yet unborn . . . .

All at once, the clouds are parted, light streams down in bright unbroken beamss s s s s s

• Like 3

I love the Tears ... and little string outro is very moving - I love that ending - actually, I wish they would have gone off on a Tangerine Dream tangent and extended the song for another 10 minutes, with the strings/synth/Theremin vibe Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Xanadu, LVS (especially near the end of the Lifeson solo) and the 2112 Grand Finale get me every time, along with the ending of Cygnus X-1 Book I where Geddy hits the REALLY high notes (Every nerve is torn apart!)
  • Like 1

Xanadu, LVS (especially near the end of the Lifeson solo) and the 2112 Grand Finale get me every time, along with the ending of Cygnus X-1 Book I where Geddy hits the REALLY high notes (Every nerve is torn apart!)

agreed

And welcome to the forum Natural Scientist !

• Like 1

agreed

And welcome to the forum Natural Scientist !

Thanks. I just discovered Rush within the past year and now I'm just crazy about 'em, so I'm glad I found this site.

• Like 4

Natural science, Freewill, Circumstances, its usually the music that gives me the Goosebumps, not the lyrics.

Isnt this kinda close to another recent thread. Or something??

Not every thread will be as exotic as the Celebration Of A First Time Crap thread

Hey that a pivotal part of my childhood and it is an event and occasion I shall remember forever!! If you poo poo that you poo poo my entire existence to which I bid you a good day, sir. Good day, Sir!

No complete song,.save the.ESL.version of LaVilla. That has since the day I brought that double vinyl home.when I was I high school in the early 80s.

But the chorus on marathon does every time, the live version of Mission, the Atwas ByTor and watching them just punch the hell out of Working Man last spring(which is a song I don't much care for). Those do it for me.

La Villa from ESL. Solo gets me every time.

it's freaking magic. Alex peaked right then and there and just nailed that. I know he went on to compose a lot more amazing music.and write more things and played more difficult things, but the life he gave that solo in that performance was amazing. That entire recording was amazing, period.

Losing It, Between the Wheels, Circumstances, The Garden, Rush song x, Rush song y, just about any Rush song honestly.