WTF?

Permanent-Rush

Tick is not as dour as that. He's running for POTUS. He says we will all have free bacon in our frying pans. Cholesterol be damned!!!

That's good enough for me.

He's lying. He also says he "helps" people at a home improvement store. Ever been to Lowes? Never anyone there to help!
  • Like 1

Tick is not as dour as that. He's running for POTUS. He says we will all have free bacon in our frying pans. Cholesterol be damned!!!

He's lying. He also says he "helps" people at a home improvement store. Ever been to Lowes? Never anyone there to help!

Sure there are! They ask if they can help you and hope you don't answer "Yes" because they don't know where anything is. What it results in is the two of you walking around the store together looking for an item.

Just like my Kroger store. It is in the midst of a 9 million dollar remodel and the place is a mess. Nothing is where it used to be. So they have their employees all walking around with t-shirts that say "Ask me for help! I know where the item is!!" Liars!!!

• Like 2

I'm laughing so hard my side is hurting.

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Who's the mastermind behind this video so I can congratulate him/her?

you have to know, quit playin!

I had no idea until Treeduck told me.

Tick has never been here a lot since I've been on the forum. ( I hope there's no connection between the two. :unsure: ) I don't know him that well.

Tick is like a kind of Colonel Kurtz (from Apocalypse Now) figure here...

Not familiar with it.

Have you read Heart of Darkness?

• Like 1

Tick has never been here a lot since I've been on the forum. ( I hope there's no connection between the two. :unsure: ) I don't know him that well.

Not familiar with it.

Yes. Had to read it in high school for English class.

Not familiar with it.

Yes. Had to read it in high school for English class.

Apocalypse Now is based on it. In both, Kurtz is the guy who says "The horror! . . . the horror!"

• Like 2

"Anything approaching the change that came over his features I have never seen before, and hope never to see again. Oh, I wasn't touched. I was fascinated. It was as though a veil had been rent. I saw on that ivory face the expression of sombre pride, of ruthless power, of craven terror--of an intense and hopeless despair. Did he live his life again in every detail of desire, temptation, and surrender during that supreme moment of complete knowledge? He cried in a whisper at some image, at some vision--he cried out twice, a cry that was no more than a breath:

"'The horror! The horror!'"

• Like 1

Sure there are! They ask if they can help you and hope you don't answer "Yes" because they don't know where anything is. What it results in is the two of you walking around the store together looking for an item.

Just like my Kroger store. It is in the midst of a 9 million dollar remodel and the place is a mess. Nothing is where it used to be. So they have their employees all walking around with t-shirts that say "Ask me for help! I know where the item is!!" Liars!!!

In a similar vein, I hate when they randomly decide to move things around at the grocery. Canned vegetables in aisle 4? Not anymore! Now they're in aisle 12 with the candy. Argh.

• Like 2

I really don't care for movies. Like them even less today than I ever did. Have no patience to sit and wait until they get to the point of the whole thing.

Interesting.

In general conversation, how much time do you need for someone to get to the point?

What's the maximum amount of time that you allocate?

How about books? They generally require more than two hours. Do you just say "screw it" after page 80 or so and toss it in the bin?

And how about wedding ceremonies? If the priest/minister is taking a bit longer than usual, do you suddenly shout, "Hurry up you bum and get to the point! We don't have all day!!!"

Have you given up reading this post already?

• Like 3

I really don't care for movies. Like them even less today than I ever did. Have no patience to sit and wait until they get to the point of the whole thing.

Interesting.

In general conversation, how much time do you need for someone to get to the point?

How about books? They generally require more than two hours. Do you just say "screw it" after page 80 or so and toss it in the bin?

And how about wedding ceremonies? If the priest/minister is taking a bit longer than usual, do you suddenly shout, "Hurry up you bum and get to the point! We don't have all day!!!"

tl;dr.

Just another false promise from a driven politician.

Kevin has always been pretty trim but I don't think he can fit in all of our frying pans at the same time or even one at a time.

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/people/i/2012/news/120213/kevin-bacon-300.jpg

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Interesting.

Almost did. I especially dislike someone who takes five lengthy paragraphs to say what others say in three short sentences. Always seems pretentious - as if they are trying to impress everyone with their vast knowledge by making a mountain out of a molehill.