What Was The First Band To Get you Into Rock/Metal/Etc?

Black Sabbath, in 10 grade. Specifically lron Man.

I think I`d have been frightened if I`d heard them too young :zalice:

I was back in the early 70s. :scared:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/961d8318b6cbfdb734163d6db7488b2b/tumblr_mzg9crHAUQ1qbfb3ao9_1280.jpg

• Like 4

Listening to Whole Lotta Love on 102.7 WNEW at night in the dark of my bedroom as I went to sleep happened a lot. That song got me into music. Zeppelin and The Who would eventually lead me to AC/DC, RUSH and REO Speedwagon. Then later came hair metal.
  • Like 3

Listening to Whole Lotta Love on 102.7 WNEW at night in the dark of my bedroom as I went to sleep happened a lot. That song got me into music. Zeppelin and The Who would eventually lead me to AC/DC, RUSH and REO Speedwagon. Then later came hair metal.

You were doing so well before that...........

You were doing so well before that...........

I'm just being real. I have also essentially kicked the hair metal habit. I often still listen to Classic Rewind on XM radio but rarely listen to Hair Nation or Ozzy's Boneyard anymore.

Black Sabbath, in 10 grade. Specifically lron Man.

I think I`d have been frightened if I`d heard them too young :zalice:

I was back in the early 70s. :scared:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/961d8318b6cbfdb734163d6db7488b2b/tumblr_mzg9crHAUQ1qbfb3ao9_1280.jpg

Is it normal to be slightly afraid of some music? Death metal frightens me, that`s for sure. I wouldn`t have got to Sabbath if I hadn`t carefully plotted my way there via VH, Purple, Zep, and so on.

1977 Kiss was my gateway drug.

And in 1981 Rush became my heroin.

Edited by Todem