High Cholesterol

Lorraine

I'm so happy!!!! I could do hand stands!!!

Saturday night/Sunday morning were the absolute worst. I thought I would literally jump out of my skin. Especially Saturday night. I couldn't stand another moment. Then, to make everything worse, my legs started to bother me (which they never do) - you know, restless legs? I got up and walked around a few times then went back to bed and finally fell asleep. Awoke Sunday morning no better. Around mid-morning, my husband asked me how I was doing. I told him awful. It didn't bother me to see him smoking at all. All I wanted was for that feeling inside of me to go away. That's what I couldn't stand anymore.

Around 11 AM or so, I went into the bathroom. All of a sudden, I felt normal - the way I hadn't felt since Friday. That "feeling" inside of me was completely gone. And it hasn't returned.

:) Day #4 today!! :)

• Like 8

I'm so happy!!!! I could do hand stands!!!

Saturday night/Sunday morning were the absolute worst. I thought I would literally jump out of my skin. Especially Saturday night. I couldn't stand another moment. Then, to make everything worse, my legs started to bother me (which they never do) - you know, restless legs? I got up and walked around a few times then went back to bed and finally fell asleep. Awoke Sunday morning no better. Around mid-morning, my husband asked me how I was doing. I told him awful. It didn't bother me to see him smoking at all. All I wanted was for that feeling inside of me to go away. That's what I couldn't stand anymore.

Around 11 AM or so, I went into the bathroom. All of a sudden, I felt normal - the way I hadn't felt since Friday. That "feeling" inside of me was completely gone. And it hasn't returned.

:) Day #4 today!! :)

Congrats! It's an awesome thing you're doing. Glad that feeling went away. Sounded really unpleasant.

• Like 3

It was awful, and I really do think there should be a smoking detox place where you can go for at least three to five days. No one should be expected to go through what I went through on their own and without help.

When you go into a rehab for drinking, they give you some kind of low dose tranquilizer to help you through the first three days until the alcohol leaves your system. It should be the same for nicotine withdrawal.

It was no picnic, and I understand why some people can't do it.

• Like 4

You need to get more exercise to burn off the energy you'll get from quitting smoking. Simple walks would do. Many people replace smoking with food and gain weight.
  • Like 2

I don't have any excess energy. What I have is tired - I'm sleeping like a baby and I'm tired all day long.

I haven't felt this calm and tranquil inside in years.

well that will do for now. But if you starting getting edgy, do walks instead of grabbing a bag of chips.

I don't have any excess energy. What I have is tired - I'm sleeping like a baby and I'm tired all day long.

well that will do for now. But if you starting getting edgy, do walks instead of grabbing a bag of chips.

^^DO THIS

Lorraine think about it, you are used to taking multiple 5 minutes breaks every day.

Now you were doing them for smoke, that idea will be harder to break. If you feel the need, do something other than eat, walk for 5 minutes, something. Most people who stop smoking gain some weight because they occupy those 5 minute breaks with snacks.

Planning for this will help you to stay on track

I don't have that desire to eat more. I only smoked 9 cigarettes a day. I'm already getting used to not smoking, and this morning was the first morning that it didn't bother me not to have a cigarette with my coffee. :)

A good thing is that I have noticed that I seem to be getting more oxygen. I don't know how to describe that either, but I used to feel that no matter how deeply I would breathe, I never quite felt like I was getting enough oxygen.

• Like 3

It was awful, and I really do think there should be a smoking detox place where you can go for at least three to five days. No one should be expected to go through what I went through on their own and without help.

When you go into a rehab for drinking, they give you some kind of low dose tranquilizer to help you through the first three days until the alcohol leaves your system. It should be the same for nicotine withdrawal.

It was no picnic, and I understand why some people can't do it.

Happy Babies reacting to you quitting smoking.

https://www.youtube....h?v=jQYVoHZRYI0

Lorraine, again,

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Happy%20Birtday%20stuff/Congrats-%20congratulations%208.jpg

And HemiBeers? THAT was FUNNY!!!!!!!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Laughing/Laugh-animatedGREAT.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20riding%20dog.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 3

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

I dislike being controlled by a substance or a passion. This is one less thing to control me.

I feel the same way about corporations, the Government, greedy barturds.....don't think I can get by them for the rest of my life.....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20killed%20by%20roadroller.gif

• Like 1

I'm starting to want to climb the walls now. Can't stand the way I feel. It's an annoying feeling that's hard to describe.

I hear you.

I'd exercise. Put the energy to use. Or if you don't like exercising maybe clean house? Cook? There's always something to do with that nervous energy.

What I also did was calculate how much money I spent on ciggies a year. It only takes a minute but the total amount is nuts....

¥440 a pack out here at that time (much cheaper compared to the west) x 4 packs a week for me (give or take a pack) = ¥91,520. That's a bit under a thousand bones. And I'd say that's a low estimate because I used to smoke more at parties and other social situations. Too much damn money on ciggies!

It's another good reminder of why not to smoke (aside from the obvious health benefits).

Got through day #1. :)

Doing much better today.

:haz:

Seek Mara for support. She did the same thing a year or two ago.

• Like 2

Congrats, Lorraine! I went to a family reunion for a week and missed the big news! Quitting is a wonderful decision and I hope things continue to go well for you. Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Congrats, Lorraine! I went to a family reunion for a week and missed the big news! Quitting is a wonderful decision and I hope things continue to go well for you.

I only quit as an alternative to taking statins for cholesterol. Anything is better than taking those awful pills.

If you had told me last Monday I would have stopped smoking by the following Monday, I would have laughed and said, "No way."

• Like 1

I dislike being controlled by a substance or a passion. This is one less thing to control me.

I feel the same way about corporations, the Government, greedy barturds.....don't think I can get by them for the rest of my life.....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20killed%20by%20roadroller.gif

I feel the same way about Nestle Quik and Pop Tarts

• Like 2

Anyone here have it?

My doctor this morning says she would like me to go on statins, but I've been reading about them and, I don't know what's worse - the side effects of these pills or the alleged cure.

Personally, from my research, I think this high cholesterol is just a money making scam, but it's a chance I take.

If I stopped smoking, my risk would lower to no risk at all. As it is, there's a 14% chance of me having a stroke or heart attack (or both) within ten years.

I'm just wondering if anyone here takes meds for high cholesterol, or knows someone who does, and what you can tell me.

I honestly don't know what to do. The pills are waiting for me at the pharmacy.

a table spoon of pure virgin olive oil first thing n the morning I´ ve been told by an 84 yr young lady in top shape!!!

• Like 1

I feel the same way about Nestle Quik and Pop Tarts

Yeah, once Hershey's syrup came out, Quik was gone except for the strawberry type, and pop-tarts, well, I don't eat them like they're going out of style or anything like that, but I don't crave them very often....there's a time for experimenting, and I haven't had the PB&J kind yet, etc.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/GO%20BANANAS.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone here have it?

My doctor this morning says she would like me to go on statins, but I've been reading about them and, I don't know what's worse - the side effects of these pills or the alleged cure.

Personally, from my research, I think this high cholesterol is just a money making scam, but it's a chance I take.

If I stopped smoking, my risk would lower to no risk at all. As it is, there's a 14% chance of me having a stroke or heart attack (or both) within ten years.

I'm just wondering if anyone here takes meds for high cholesterol, or knows someone who does, and what you can tell me.

I honestly don't know what to do. The pills are waiting for me at the pharmacy.

a table spoon of pure virgin olive oil first thing n the morning I´ ve been told by an 84 yr young lady in top shape!!!

Can you easily contact this young woman? :) If so, would you be so kind as to ask her what brand of olive oil? Coincidentally, I was looking at olive oil at the supermarket this morning.

Congrats Lorraine, I knew you could do it!

The brand of olive oil doest matter, the thing that's important is Extra Virgin, it's cold pressed so there isn't the heat to modify the natural benefits

• Like 1

Have you ever had a sleep test done? What you're reporting was what finally got me to take the sleep test was just after the millenium, I was feeling the same way. slept what I thought was a good amount, but found out through the test I was stopping breathing a good amount of the time. I had sleep apnea, BAD. I wear a mask hooked up to a small machine that humidifies so I don't get dry mouth/throat, and my life has changed back to a 'normal' progression. Sure I take some naps, but that's normal for my age and Diabetic condition. and I DON'T STOP BREATHING EVER! LOL! but I'm not tired all the time like you feel you are.... I USED to be like that!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20on%20island%20shark.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1