Should we remove unused TRF accounts?

x1yyz

Every once in a while we'll go through older accounts and if we see a name that has ZERO posts and hasn't been logged in with for years -- someone who joined and quickly lost interest -- we delete it.

We don't delete as many as we used to. One reason for doing it is that it frees up some good usernames.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I've gotten back into the habit of doing this again. Almost every day I go through the anniversaries and look at anyone who's been here seven or more years, and if they have zero posts and haven't logged in since around when they joined, they get deleted. We had over 13,000 members, and now we're down to 12.800. I know I don't want to go below 10,000, so at some point I will quit doing this.

Thank goodness I made the cut. :cheers:

• Like 2

Every once in a while we'll go through older accounts and if we see a name that has ZERO posts and hasn't been logged in with for years -- someone who joined and quickly lost interest -- we delete it.

We don't delete as many as we used to. One reason for doing it is that it frees up some good usernames.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I've gotten back into the habit of doing this again. Almost every day I go through the anniversaries and look at anyone who's been here seven or more years, and if they have zero posts and haven't logged in since around when they joined, they get deleted. We had over 13,000 members, and now we're down to 12.800. I know I don't want to go below 10,000, so at some point I will quit doing this.

You got the power, maybe delete some regulars, for shits and giggles.

Hatchetaxe&saw

Me? A regular? Sir, I'm flattered.

Well, you DO use FiberCil.

Hatchetaxe&saw

WAYHEY! Take a bow.

Mr. Hankey Machine.

I know! Let ME swing the axe. I reckon I'd have the place whittled down to about 7.

• Like 1

Hatchetaxe&saw

Natural Colon clea.....OH!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20poop%20sign.gif

Hmmm...

Hatchetaxe&saw

WAYHEY! Take a bow.

Mr. Hankey Machine.

I know! Let ME swing the axe. I reckon I'd have the place whittled down to about 7.

Careful with that axe, Eugene. Just make sure Melodic777 is one of the 7. Duh.

• Like 2

Hatchetaxe&saw

WAYHEY! Take a bow.

Mr. Hankey Machine.

Careful with that axe, Eugene. Just make sure Melodic777 is one of the 7. Duh.

Surely he's been AXEd already. He was ORSM. Madder than a confusion of weasels in a bag of sherbet.

• Like 1

Hmmm...

DON'T YOU DARE!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20sword.gif

Sounds like a lot of gardening to tend to :cheers:

Weeds. This place is overrun with weeds.

Anyone got a broom?

The Notorious B.S.G.'s post makes me wonder how many old school TRFers have been lurking all these years but just haven't been posting.

I wonder what ever happened to physics23 (I think that was the number) and Disco. They were a couple of pretty smart, cool guys.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

The Notorious B.S.G.'s post makes me wonder how many old school TRFers have been lurking all these years but just having been posting.

I wonder what ever happened to physics23 (I think that was the number) and Disco. They were a couple of pretty smart, cool guys.

Ever lived in an apartment building that had no other tenants and yet there were thousands of empty apartments all around you??? :blaze:

The Notorious B.S.G.'s post makes me wonder how many old school TRFers have been lurking all these years but just having been posting.

Ever lived in an apartment building that had no other tenants and yet there were thousands of empty apartments all around you??? :blaze:

No, but there's an apartment building that I see regularly that has about 30 units and maybe only 3 or 4 tenants. And it's been that way for years. That crap looks like a horror movie set even though the building itself isn't THAT bad. It's just old.

I just took a peek at physics23 and Disco last active status. Physics23 hasn't been on here in 6.5 years. Disco's last post was about 4 years ago but he was last active less than 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1

No, but there's an apartment building that I see regularly that has about 30 units and maybe only 3 or 4 tenants. And it's been that way for years. That crap looks like a horror movie set even though the building itself isn't THAT bad. It's just old.

I just took a peek at physics23 and Disco last active status. Physics23 hasn't been on here in 6.5 years. Disco's last post was about 4 years ago but he was last active less than 2 weeks ago.

I wonder who lives there? :eh: Maybe you should investigate JB?

In fact this is your mission JB, should you choose to accept it... As always, should you or any of your JB. Force be caught or killed, we will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, JB.

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

In fact this is your mission JB, should you choose to accept it... As always, should you or any of your JB. Force be caught or killed, we will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, JB.

I asked my wife if she'd live there if it actually looked cool inside and the rent were dirt cheap. She said "No way". It doesn't help that there's a cemetery 200-300 meters away.

• Like 1

Disco was great. Witty, erudite, loved his tunes. Cool guy.

• Like 1

Disco was great. Witty, erudite, loved his tunes. Cool guy.

I meant "haven't been posting" but I'm guessing you got that anyway.

Yeah Disco was funny. Wasn't it him and his wife that did the comedic acapella version of Temples of Syrinx in that TRF Covers Contest? If you can't remember the contest, some other highlights included: Geds covering Driven by himself providing guitar & vocals, Necro as a Hobbit wearing a cloak standing (kneeling!) in front of his kids and singing Rivendell. :LOL:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I asked my wife if she'd live there if it actually looked cool inside and the rent were dirt cheap. She said "No way". It doesn't help that there's a cemetery 200-300 meters away.

How far away is it from where you live?

10 minute train ride. It's near the cinema I go to

That reminds me, when is your next movie night? You need to get Salem's Lot, The Burbs, The Gauntlet and Hombre!

That reminds me, when is your next movie night? You need to get Salem's Lot, The Burbs, The Gauntlet and Hombre!

No Salem's Lot at my shop. I'll look for the Burbs, Gauntlet, and Hombre next weekend.

This week: Bats vs Supes (2nd viewing and it got worse), Bananas (haven't seen it in 30+ years), Chinatown (haven't seen it yet), & Enter the Dragon (haven't seen it in 20+ years)

No Salem's Lot at my shop. I'll look for the Burbs, Gauntlet, and Hombre next weekend.

This week: Bats vs Supes (2nd viewing and it got worse), Bananas (haven't seen it in 30+ years), Chinatown (haven't seen it yet), & Enter the Dragon (haven't seen it in 20+ years)

There's got to be a way you can see Salem's Lot!! There's got to be!!!!!!!!!!!

There's got to be a way you can see Salem's Lot!! There's got to be!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I don't enjoy watching movies on a computer. So there's that.

I could go to another shop and get a membership there but I'm lazy with things like that.