Should we remove unused TRF accounts?

x1yyz

Well I can say from personal experience I joined the forum in 2007 just around the release of Counterparts. I made a few post and read some post but I really wouldn't consider myself a member of the forum at that time. I remember getting some heat about my personal observations about the Counterparts show and some were well let's say not so glowing. Not that I didn't enjoy the show but it was the 3rd show in the tour and the boys were having a rough go of it. Lots of glitches and miscues. In the encore they actually had to stop for like 10 seconds in One Little Victory because Alex's Gitfiddle was so out of whack. I had never seen that happen before. Anyhoo life moves on and I had not signed in or made a post in quite some time at least a few years. Then one day a spark ignighted and I revisited the forum. It was hard to remember what my password was as it had evolved so many times over the years. Well I was pleasantly surprised my profile was still intact even though the posts I had made had been long since deleted. I have been an active annoying member ever since :D I am glad my profile had not been deleted. Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 6

Well I can say from personal experience I joined the forum in 2007 just around the release of Counterparts. I made a few post and read some post but I really wouldn't consider myself a member of the forum at that time. I remember getting some heat about my personal observations about the Counterparts show and some were well let's say not so glowing. Not that I didn't enjoy the show but it was the 3rd show in the tour and the boys were having a rough go of it. Lots of glitches and miscues. In the encore they actually had to stop for like 10 seconds in One Little Victory because Alex's Gitfiddle was so out of whack. I had never seen that happen before. Anyhoo life moves on and I had not signed in or made a post in quite some time at least a few years. Then one day a spark ignighted and I revisited the forum. It was hard to remember what my password was as it had evolved so many times over the years. Well I was pleasantly surprised my profile was still intact even though the posts I had made had been long since deleted. I have been an active annoying member ever since :D I am glad my profile had not been deleted.

I, too, am very glad that your profile was not deleted, my dear friend! It is a great pleasure to know you! :cheers:

• Like 2

Well I can say from personal experience I joined the forum in 2007 just around the release of Counterparts. I made a few post and read some post but I really wouldn't consider myself a member of the forum at that time. I remember getting some heat about my personal observations about the Counterparts show and some were well let's say not so glowing. Not that I didn't enjoy the show but it was the 3rd show in the tour and the boys were having a rough go of it. Lots of glitches and miscues. In the encore they actually had to stop for like 10 seconds in One Little Victory because Alex's Gitfiddle was so out of whack. I had never seen that happen before. Anyhoo life moves on and I had not signed in or made a post in quite some time at least a few years. Then one day a spark ignighted and I revisited the forum. It was hard to remember what my password was as it had evolved so many times over the years. Well I was pleasantly surprised my profile was still intact even though the posts I had made had been long since deleted. I have been an active annoying member ever since :D I am glad my profile had not been deleted.

I, too, am very glad that your profile was not deleted, my dear friend! It is a great pleasure to know you! :cheers:

Thank you for your kindness, your friendship is one of the reasons I am so glad that I returned. :wub: :heart: :moose:

• Like 1

This place is starting to really piss me off.

Damned if we do.

Damned if we don't.

Make up your minds what you want.

We've made up our minds. We just have different opinions. So what? Our minds are not for rent to any god or government or forum.

You think Quadrophenia is the greatest thing ever. Most here probably like it. But almost nobody here would agree with you. You've made up your mind. Others have made up theirs. So what?

Why is anything here anything to be pissed off about?

This isn't about music. I don't care whether you or anyone agrees with what I like or don't like.

One person complains about too many anniversary/birthday threads.

Another says there should be a thread for anyone who wants to start them.

That is the type of thing I am talking about.

Ok, I was just trying to make a point.

However, my first paragraph still is 100% relevant. We have different opinions. Minds were already made up. My last question is what's truly important though: Why is anything here anything to be pissed off about?

Exactly.

There is nothing to be pissed about. Some people think one thing while others see it the opposite way. If there were people flip flopping on their stance then I can understand getting mad.

• Like 1

Thank you for your kindness, your friendship is one of the reasons I am so glad that I returned. :wub: :heart: :moose:

Aww! :wub: You are very welcome; thank you for your kindness and friendship, as well! :hug2:

Damned if we do.

Damned if we don't.

We've made up our minds. We just have different opinions. So what? Our minds are not for rent to any god or government or forum.

You think Quadrophenia is the greatest thing ever. Most here probably like it. But almost nobody here would agree with you. You've made up your mind. Others have made up theirs. So what?

This isn't about music. I don't care whether you or anyone agrees with what I like or don't like.

I think all people want is for members to use a little common sense when starting b-day/anniversary threads. Someone started an anni thread this morning for a guy who has one post in the three years he's been here. One post. I dumped it -- not only was it completely unnecessary to start a thread for that particular member, but I got the feeling they knew it was unnecessary and started it just to see what kind of reaction they'd get in light of recent events. Why do that other than to get negative attention for themselves? That's stupid.

We don't want to clog up RS with a bunch of useless threads, that's all. Again, all we want is for people to use a little common sense.

I understand that new members want to fit in right away, and starting a tribute thread for an established member might be a good way to do that. That's fine, but if you see a name listed that you don't recognize, and you have to start doing research in order to determine if they're threadworthy -- as opposed to knowing them well enough in the first place because you've been here awhile -- then maybe leave that one alone. Don't force it just to get some thank yous and Likes.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 4

Damned if we do.

Damned if we don't.

I think all people want is for members to use a little common sense when starting b-day/anniversary threads. Someone started an anni thread this morning for a guy who has one post in the three years he's been here. One post. I dumped it -- not only was it completely unnecessary to start a thread for that particular member, but I got the feeling they knew it was unnecessary and started it just to see what kind of reaction they'd get in light of recent events. Why do that other than to get negative attention for themselves? That's stupid.

We don't want to clog up RS with a bunch of useless threads, that's all. Again, all we want is for people to use a little common sense.

I understand that new members want to fit in right away, and starting a tribute thread for an established member might be a good way to do that. That's fine, but if you see a name listed that you don't recognize, and you have to start doing research in order to determine if they're threadworthy -- as opposed to knowing them well enough in the first place because you've been here a while -- then maybe leave that one alone. Don't force it just to get some thank yous and Likes.

Like you said, that's only common sense. And we didn't have a problem with this until recently.

Damned if we do.

Damned if we don't.

Okay. I will! Since the return of Donna Wanna, Whatever I've posted before this is WRONG if it does NOT conform with me believing that NO accounts need be dropped. You NEVER know when someone is going to come back and wish to join in again......

I LOVE you, Lorraine! We can ALL change our minds though, and I can remember when I thought it was a good idea to purge old unused accounts....but the experience with Donna Wanna caused me to change my way of thinking about that, like I said. SO, Don't give up on some of us that are a bit indecisive, K?

To Lorraine: http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/LOVE/hugBEAR.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/cupid%20banana.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Damned if we do.

Damned if we don't.

I understand that new members want to fit in right away, and starting a tribute thread for an established member might be a good way to do that. That's fine, but if you see a name listed that you don't recognize, and you have to start doing research in order to determine if they're threadworthy -- as opposed to knowing them well enough in the first place because you've been here a while -- then maybe leave that one alone. Don't force it just to get some thank yous and Likes.

Like you said, that's only common sense. And we didn't have a problem with this until recently.

Sometimes I'm a little slow to pick up on things, but it just occurred to me you singled my post out.

Is this referring to me? I start a lot of threads for anniversaries and birthdays and if a member reaches a milestone post count.

I started doing it because I noticed Your Lion retired himself from the job and no one else was doing it.

If you have a problem with me celebrating members here, let me know.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Damned if we do.

Damned if we don't.

Sometimes I'm a little slow to pick up on things, but it just occurred to me you singled my post out.

Is this referring to me? I start a lot of threads for anniversaries and birthdays and if a member reaches a milestone post count.

I started doing it because I noticed Your Lion retired himself from the job and no one else was doing it.

No, I don't have a problem with it. although it seems Surrender74 wants the job now......LOL

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20love.gif

Damned if we do.

Damned if we don't.

I quoted yours and Blaze's posts only because you two were having a convo about this subject, and I took the opportunity to expand on it. That's all. Do you think you start unnecessary b-day/anni threads? I don't think you do, from what I've seen. Plus, you know you didn't start an anni thread this morning that got removed. ;)

• Like 1

Damned if we do.

Damned if we don't.

I quoted yours and Blaze's posts only because you two were having a convo about this subject, and I took the opportunity to expand on it. That's all. Do you think you start unnecessary b-day/anni threads? I don't think you do, from what I've seen. Plus, you know you didn't start an anni thread this morning that got removed. ;)

No, I don't think that I do.

And I do it to be nice.

If someone else wants to do it, be my guest.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

ORFie, my question was directed at 73. Not the members.

Oh, I know, but I couldn't help but admit my indecisiveness a bunch of the time! I like to apologize a lot! LOL! :hug2:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20Bungie.gif

To answer the original Q: Would it be possible to archive those that are non-active until they login which in turn re-activates their account.. with me ?
  • Like 2

Every once in a while we'll go through older accounts and if we see a name that has ZERO posts and hasn't been logged in with for years -- someone who joined and quickly lost interest -- we delete it.

We don't delete as many as we used to. One reason for doing it is that it frees up some good usernames.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I've gotten back into the habit of doing this again. Almost every day I go through the anniversaries and look at anyone who's been here seven or more years, and if they have zero posts and haven't logged in since around when they joined, they get deleted. We had over 13,000 members, and now we're down to 12.800. I know I don't want to go below 10,000, so at some point I will quit doing this.

• Like 3

Every once in a while we'll go through older accounts and if we see a name that has ZERO posts and hasn't been logged in with for years -- someone who joined and quickly lost interest -- we delete it.

We don't delete as many as we used to. One reason for doing it is that it frees up some good usernames.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I've gotten back into the habit of doing this again. Almost every day I go through the anniversaries and look at anyone who's been here seven or more years, and if they have zero posts and haven't logged in since around when they joined, they get deleted. We had over 13,000 members, and now we're down to 12.800. I know I don't want to go below 10,000, so at some point I will quit doing this.

Sounds like a lot of gardening to tend to :cheers:

• Like 1

Weeds. This place is overrun with weeds.

• Like 2

You got the power, maybe delete some regulars, for shits and giggles.

• Like 2

Hatchetaxe&saw

• Like 1

I was going to say that but I thought it sounded too negative

• Like 1

I was going to say that but I thought it sounded too negative

4d862c25cf590fe79cde8f224de025de.jpg

• Like 1

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Nature/Field%20of%20Dandelions.jpg

:banana:

Hatchetaxe&saw

Me? A regular? Sir, I'm flattered.

• Like 1