Should we remove unused TRF accounts?

x1yyz

Who cares either way? :huh:

Yeah, it really isn't a big deal. We don't delete as many as we used to. One reason for doing it is that it frees up some good usernames.

You should delete everyone for 24 hours on April 1st next year.

Cruel and unfair. I like your style.

• Like 4

I think that maybe, just maybe, before people go off and make a bunch of birthday and/or anniversary threads, because they are bored, they ought to look at the person they are considering making the thread for. If that person hasn't posted in a few years, don't make the thread. Or better yet, if you don't know who that person is, don't make a thread.

Birthday threads are one thing. And there usually aren't that many birthdays occurring on any given day. I think most people don't even fill in that information. And seeing all birthdays on a given day is just a click away.

Board anniversaries? Meh. It was a good idea to do the Force Ten thread last summer (or whenever it was.) But that was one thread. Who really needs a Happy 4th Anniversary thread made for them?

• Like 1

I think that maybe, just maybe, before people go off and make a bunch of birthday and/or anniversary threads, because they are bored, they ought to look at the person they are considering making the thread for. If that person hasn't posted in a few years, don't make the thread. Or better yet, if you don't know who that person is, don't make a thread.

Birthday threads are one thing. And there usually aren't that many birthdays occurring on any given day. I think most people don't even fill in that information. And seeing all birthdays on a given day is just a click away.

Board anniversaries? Meh. It was a good idea to do the Force Ten thread last summer (or whenever it was.) But that was one thread. Who really needs a Happy 4th Anniversary thread made for them?

Much fun at parties, are you?

• Like 3

I agree with what Maverick is saying here.....OCD me is ENDING. No, I DON'T HAVE to participate in these [gratuitous] threads, and unless something grabs my attenHUT, I'm not gonna do 'em.....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Orange%20cone%20banana.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Depending on the database that is used and how it's organized, if you delete accounts you would have to delete their posts wouldn't you?

This.

• Like 4

BOOM

/mic drop

• Like 1

Birthday parties, yes. Anniversary parties, not so much.

• Like 1

This.

Coughsurrendercough

• Like 1

No one is forced to post in an anniversary or birthday thread.

If you want to get rid of useless threads, delete SOCN. :LOL: :cool: ;)

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

That might explain why after 5000+ posts, I didn't get a 9 year anniversary thread . it's all about popularity here, like anywhere else I suppose. I'm pretty introverted, even online apparently.

That force 10 thread was my idea BTW (although I didn't get credit for it lol), so thank you!

(..oh, and Hi Lorraine! :) )

Edited by MMCXII

That might explain why after 5000+ posts, I didn't get a 9 year anniversary thread . it's all about popularity here, like anywhere else I suppose. I'm pretty introverted, even online apparently.

That force 10 thread was my idea BTW (although I didn't get credit for it lol), so thank you!

I don't know what "it's all about popularity here" means. And I think there are more introverted folks here than you might think despite what we post

• Like 1

I don't know what "it's all about popularity here" means. And I think there are more introverted folks here than you might think despite what we post

Not saying it's all about popularity here, just with respect to these threads. They are made by other members I'm assuming as opposed to being automatic

• Like 1

I think it's all about Point Of View from what I'm hearing...it's like a certain portion of the body. and OPINIONS. EVERYBODY HAS ONE! Communication is not achieved a lot of the time....but maybe it's the poster's need to make that clear? I can see what MMCXII is saying, I've felt that way also, sometimes, not in relation to this site, per se, but IRL.

:banana:

• Like 1

Hi MMCXII :hi: I haven't seen you around for awhile. I hope all is well.

:hi: all is wonderful x1yyz and thank you :)

• Like 1

This place is starting to really piss me off.

Damned if we do.

Damned if we don't.

Make up your minds what you want.

We've made up our minds. We just have different opinions. So what? Our minds are not for rent to any god or government or forum.

You think Quadrophenia is the greatest thing ever. Most here probably like it. But almost nobody here would agree with you. You've made up your mind. Others have made up theirs. So what?

Why is anything here anything to be pissed off about?

• Like 2

Will the counter let you get to 100,000 posts...or is there some built in TRF Y2K code we need to modify??

This posts was for treeduck

Damned if we do.

Damned if we don't.

We've made up our minds. We just have different opinions. So what? Our minds are not for rent to any god or government or forum.

You think Quadrophenia is the greatest thing ever. Most here probably like it. But almost nobody here would agree with you. You've made up your mind. Others have made up theirs. So what?

This isn't about music. I don't care whether you or anyone agrees with what I like or don't like.

One person complains about too many anniversary/birthday threads.

Another says there should be a thread for anyone who wants to start them.

That is the type of thing I am talking about.

Damned if we do.

Damned if we don't.

This isn't about music. I don't care whether you or anyone agrees with what I like or don't like.

One person complains about too many anniversary/birthday threads.

Another says there should be a thread for anyone who wants to start them.

That is the type of thing I am talking about.

Ok, I was just trying to make a point.

However, my first paragraph still is 100% relevant. We have different opinions. Minds were already made up. My last question is what's truly important though: Why is anything here anything to be pissed off about?

• Like 1