TRF rank all 168 Rush songs

YYZumbi

How the hell is Malnar #164?

I think this list has been about not forgetting songs more than ranking the best or worst. Even with the list repeated again and again, songs have been sloppily repeated.

A TRUE ranking from all 168 is too much to do. But ranking songs on each album is easily doable.

Ah! Even Johnny knows this list could never be a TRUE ranking of Rush songs. :yes: :) :cool: ;) ;) ;)

• Like 1

I think this list has been about not forgetting songs more than ranking the best or worst. Even with the list repeated again and again, songs have been sloppily repeated.

A TRUE ranking from all 168 is too much to do. But ranking songs on each album is easily doable.

This list is a red herring, and I'm not talking about the Commies here. In this case at least. Its also straw man, a false dilemma and is not Empirically valid. Venn is turning in his grave.

That's the spirit! :)

• Like 1

My list is worse than yours...and makes absolutely no sense

Thank god it's over

15) The Trees (Disembodied Spirit)

45) Losing It (Disembodied Spirit)

101) O Barista..er..Baterasta..the drum solo in Rio (Disembodied Spirit)

111) Broon's Bane (Disembodied Spirit)

124) Virtuality..net boy..net girl (Disembodied Spirit)

137) Moto Perpetuo (Disembodied Spirit)

148) Need Some Love (Disembodied Spirit)

158) The Big Wheel (Disembodied Spirit)

• Like 2

This list is a red herring, and I'm not talking about the Commies here. In this case at least. Its also straw man, a false dilemma and is not Empirically valid. Venn is turning in his grave.

Still waiting for Lucas to come in here and try to play devils advocate to my devils advocate, like he does in damn near every post I make here.

Maybe he is a commie too. Jersey is a Red state ferfecksake. ;)

• Like 1

Thank god it's over

If there really is a God, "he" wouldn't let bollocks like this happen.

• Like 1

Thank god it's over

I weep. That list will keep me tossing and turning all night long.

• Like 1

Still waiting for Lucas to come in here and try to play devils advocate to my devils advocate, like he does in damn near every post I make here.

Did you hear that Lucas? DD called us commies.

• Like 1

I was able to get my first 8 choices ones that I liked then the last 4 were just fill ins from albums I didn't like so much.

13) The Camera Eye

25) Headlong Flight

37) Earthshine

61) Between The Wheels

70) Afterimage

83) The Body Electric

97) The Manhattan Project

117) Test For Echo

127) We Hold On

141) Bravest Face

154) Good News First

165) Faithless

You snagged Earthshine from me! Manhattan Project also. I was aiming for Good News First as one of my last picks...I'm rare in that I like that song.

I wanted to name more from my favorite album GUP, my favorite from the album RSA got snagged just before I was going to pick it. I really have to try and listen to Snakes & Arrows more caused I've never liked that album which is at the bottom of my list.

Thank god it's over

O Barista@!!!

BWAHAHAHA

1) The Fountain of Lattes

• Like 1

WHAHAHAHA...GOTCHA!!!!

In the name of McCarthy I say unto thee.

Have I left no sense of decency???

• Like 1

I was able to get my first 8 choices ones that I liked then the last 4 were just fill ins from albums I didn't like so much.

13) The Camera Eye

25) Headlong Flight

37) Earthshine

61) Between The Wheels

70) Afterimage

83) The Body Electric

97) The Manhattan Project

117) Test For Echo

127) We Hold On

141) Bravest Face

154) Good News First

165) Faithless

You snagged Earthshine from me! Manhattan Project also. I was aiming for Good News First as one of my last picks...I'm rare in that I like that song.

I wanted to name more from my favorite album GUP, my favorite from the album RSA got snagged just before I was going to pick it. I really have to try and listen to Snakes & Arrows more caused I've never liked that album which is at the bottom of my list.

Listen to it like you would listen to album...all 4 sides. they are short sides which makes it even easier.

Pretty much sums up where I'm stuck

- Cygnus X1

- The Necromancer

- Garden Road

- A Passage To Bangkok

- Bastille Day

- Something For Nothing

- Lakeside Park

- Before And After

- Finding My Way

- Tears

- In The Mood

- Take A Friend

- Rivendell

- Fancy Dancer

... and I just received a marriage proposal from Narps

• Like 4

Thank god it's over

I weep. That list will keep me tossing and turning all night long.

Apple rejected this as a playlist stating

Files may be corrupt and should not be played in the order: Please do anything else

• Like 1

- Cygnus X1

- The Necromancer

- Garden Road

- A Passage To Bangkok

- Bastille Day

- Something For Nothing

- Lakeside Park

- Before And After

- Finding My Way

- Tears

- In The Mood

- Take A Friend

- Rivendell

- Fancy Dancer

I heard he was looking, but I didn't realize he'd find someone so soon.

Congrats! :cheers: If you need a bridesmaid, here I am. :)

;) ;) ;) ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Ah! Even Johnny knows this list could never be a TRUE ranking of Rush songs. :yes: :) :cool: ;) ;) ;)

"Even Johnny knows"?!!! What do mean "even"??!!! :LOL:

I was bitching about this ranking system way back in the early pages along with Digital Dad. I just wasn't as adamant. :LOL:

And I was bitching about the Top 500, Top 1000 lists in the Music Forum weeks or even months ago. You can't really do a RANKING without some kind average score or collective effort. Of course, you can have your own PERSONAL 168 but then it's just you ranking and not TRF.

• Like 2

- Cygnus X1

- The Necromancer

- Garden Road

- A Passage To Bangkok

- Bastille Day

- Something For Nothing

- Lakeside Park

- Before And After

- Finding My Way

- Tears

- In The Mood

- Take A Friend

- Rivendell

- Fancy Dancer

May you live Trumpily Donald after. :)

whoa, sorry I didn't chime in sooner -- I was standing in line for bread and toilet paper

Digital Dad has exposed us !!!!

• Like 4

You start that thread and make the rules for it.

"Even Johnny knows"?!!! What do mean "even"??!!! :LOL:

I was bitching about this ranking system way back in the early pages along with Digital Dad. I just wasn't as adamant. :LOL:

And I was bitching about the Top 500, Top 1000 lists in the Music Forum weeks or even months ago. You can't really do a RANKING without some kind average score or collective effort. Of course, you can have your own PERSONAL 168 but then it's just you ranking and not TRF.

Dude the post just got to me at the right time. Or the wrong time, depending on your point of view.

The other top lists were more like, this is what you should check out, they say so right at the top. The tenor of this particular thing was different. Basically he just said this is the best song. Bang. pretty comical if you are an objective thinker like me. If I hadn't seen it that night I probably wouldn't have even bothered with it. It was just too easy to mock.

- Cygnus X1

- The Necromancer

- Garden Road

- A Passage To Bangkok

- Bastille Day

- Something For Nothing

- Lakeside Park

- Before And After

- Finding My Way

- Tears

- In The Mood

- Take A Friend

- Rivendell

- Fancy Dancer

May you live Trumpily Donald after. :)

Did I say I was going to accept ?!?!?!?!

• Like 1

Lorraine, if you were on a beach in Thailand with Lucas on a completely clear blue sky day with sun beams beaming and said, "What a lovely blue sky!", it's possible that Lucas would play devil's advocate and say, "Well, it's nice and all but it's not completely blue. I see a very slight hint of grey in there." :LOL:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 3