Rush Article

Permanent-Rush

hire two new drummers, change the name to After RUSH, and lets go!

Alex says its happening soon

People can't really say much about Neil being arrogant, I mean read the article. His feet were hurting, his arms, his shoulders, etc. You have to remember that he's 63 years old and his drumming is fast, not easy and slow like other drummers.

I don't mind them not touring again, but another studio album would be nice.

• Like 4

Neil is a selfish prick.

I hope you are in constant pain everyday and tour as a world class drummer because unless you don't I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about.

• Like 2

Neil is a selfish prick.

I hope you are in constant pain everyday and tour as a world class drummer because unless you don't I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about.

I'm fairly sure that the first-quoted post here was said completely in jest.

Yep....no reason why Neil can't do a studio record. You can rest all you want between takes. haha Also, I never want to see another drummer on stage other than Neil under the Rush name.

Agreed

If Geddy & Alex toured using the Rush name AND used another drummer, no way in hell are either one of you NOT gonna try to go. You both may moan about the non-Peart bit ((with "Why oh why didn't they just use another name instead of Rush?!!!")) but you know you'll be checking out concert dates, seats, and prices. Be honest.

Yep....no reason why Neil can't do a studio record. You can rest all you want between takes. haha Also, I never want to see another drummer on stage other than Neil under the Rush name.

Agreed

If Geddy & Alex toured using the Rush name AND used another drummer, no way in hell are either one of you NOT gonna try to go. You both may moan about the non-Peart bit ((with "Why oh why didn't they just use another name instead of Rush?!!!")) but you know you'll be checking out concert dates, seats, and prices. Be honest.

Not worth it. Unless I was the Drummer!

:D

Agreed

Uh-huh. "Not worth it". Suuuuuuure.

I put you in a time machine back to '73 when Rush is doing a bar gig with Rutsey and you're saying it's "not worth it".

2016 Lee & Lifeson with (insert a very capable drummer) and you're saying it's "not worth it". Uh-huh.

• Like 1

Agreed

I put you in a time machine back to '73 when Rush is doing a bar gig with Rutsey and you're saying it's "not worth it".

2016 Lee & Lifeson with (insert a very capable drummer) and you're saying it's "not worth it". Uh-huh.

:rush: is not :rush: without Neil.

Agreed

:rush: is not :rush: without Neil.

That's not my point. I never questioned what does and what doesn't constitute "Rush".

My point is this:

Despite saying you wouldn't, you and many other TRFers would still TRY to see RUSH even if Peart weren't joining Lee & Lifeson on tour.

I'd bet money on it.

• Like 1

I don't care if it's the chick from the White Stripes back there. I'll go, as long as they adjust ticket prices accordingly, with a $50 max.

Ed, the only reason they go on tour is to make money. A $50 cap on ticket prices makes a tour uneconomical, regardless of who is drumming. Why should Rush not be like every other rational economic actor and charge what someone is willing to pay?