What do you want to buy right now?

That One Guy

I actually just bought a bass that I've had my eye on for a few days and have been looking for for over 2 years. I owned the same model years ago and sold it like a jacka__. Found one 3 days ago and rescued her from Guitar Center in GA. My wife's exact words : " You earn the money. Just buy it ".

Can I borrow your wife for an hour? I want to buy a Bose 5.1 receiver

The motto in our house, no matter how broke we are " there is always money for basses and tattoos".... basses for me, tattoos for her...

So a blessing in disguise on this one... The bass arrived and was complete junk. Output jack was shot, frets were rusted and the body looked like it had been thrown down a flight of stairs. I returned it on the spot ( had it shipped to the store rather than to my house ). 1 week later I find yet another one that got away. It was my original choice back in 2001 when I was buying my first "big dollar" bass but I put it back and bought another that caught my eye. This thing was absolutely outstanding in every way. The body is near mint, controls work cleanly, neck is straight as an arrow and the action is super low with zero buzz.... Guy even threw in 2 new sets of strings. Turns out it's a piece of history as well because it was last set up by Joe Mauldin of the Crickets about 10 or so years ago. Joe apparently knew what to do on the technical side because this thing is set up impeccably.

• Like 2

I actually just bought a bass that I've had my eye on for a few days and have been looking for for over 2 years. I owned the same model years ago and sold it like a jacka__. Found one 3 days ago and rescued her from Guitar Center in GA. My wife's exact words : " You earn the money. Just buy it ".

Can I borrow your wife for an hour? I want to buy a Bose 5.1 receiver

:LOL:

I tell my wife the same kind of thing actually. My friends think I'm stupid for it. But I don't see why. It's her money, she works really hard for it (harder than me that's for sure), and she doesn't spend it carelessly.

If anything, I encourage her to buy stuff sometimes because she'll just eyeball something for WEEKS hoping for a sale that may or may not come.

My wife is the same way. She only works a couple of hours per week, but she is also home with the kids and will also eye stuff for weeks and weeks and not buy it. We aren't made of money for sure, but we also aren't going to be miserable and never have anything that we want......

Some nicer furniture.

A lot of it is fairly garb. Particularly the landlord's futon serving as the TV room sofa for four years, and the coffee table in front of it.

I'll set aside some funds.

Some nicer furniture.

A lot of it is fairly garb. Particularly the landlord's futon serving as the TV room sofa for four years, and the coffee table in front of it.

You might be able to find some good buys and deals at yard/garage/estate sales, especially if you wait until the last day when they are anxious to get rid of whatever they have left.

Personally, I hate them, but I am going by what others have told me. They're a big thing out here.

Edited by Lorraine

Some nicer furniture.

You might be able to find some good buys and deals at yard/garage/estate sales, especially if you wait until the last day when they are anxious to get rid of whatever they have left.

Personally, I hate them, but I am going by what others have told me. They're a big thing out here.

Two weekends ago I hit 8-10 yard and estate sales. Passed up a couple things that, in hindsight, I shouldn't have passed up.

I now wake up daily at 7am for work, so waking up early Saturday for them shouldn't be hard now!