NEW KANSAS ALBUM: The Prelude Implicit

Segue Myles

Nothing about this album impresses me. Everything great about it has been done all before. Its like the work of a skilled copyist. Brilliant forgery but it's not the original.

Not a rubbish album by any means. But this isn't amazing.

Jesus there is no pleasing you.

Nothing about this album impresses me. Everything great about it has been done all before. Its like the work of a skilled copyist. Brilliant forgery but it's not the original.

Not a rubbish album by any means. But this isn't amazing.

Jesus there is no pleasing you.

Total rubbish. I love nearly every Kandas album but the last three.

I was a couple months late to give-in to this album - but I have to say, I really like it alot! Yeah, it's only a couple of the original members - but the current band is freaking great. Ronnie Platt is superb on vocals. I would freely admit that some of the riffs are reminiscent of classic Kansas; but the songs still maintain a fresh, modern edge. Impeccable playing and arrangement all around. The lyrics are quite poignant at times. While some moments overtly pay hommage 70's material, in total I find this to be a genuine effort. Extremely well done! Edited by cygnify
  • Like 1

I was a couple months late to give-in to this album - but I have to say, I really like it alot! Yeah, it's only a couple of the original members - but the current band is freaking great. Ronnie Platt is superb on vocals. I would freely admit that some of the riffs are reminiscent of classic Kansas; but the songs still maintain a fresh, modern edge. Impeccable playing and arrangement all around. The lyrics are quite poignant at times. While some moments overtly pay hommage 70's material, in total I find this to be a genuine effort. Extremely well done!

This album was so great to hear because this band had floundered for YEARS up to this point. Sure some will say it's TO much classic Kansas. but after years and years of meandering sclock. i welcome this style back.

Mick

• Like 2

I was a couple months late to give-in to this album - but I have to say, I really like it alot! Yeah, it's only a couple of the original members - but the current band is freaking great. Ronnie Platt is superb on vocals. I would freely admit that some of the riffs are reminiscent of classic Kansas; but the songs still maintain a fresh, modern edge. Impeccable playing and arrangement all around. The lyrics are quite poignant at times. While some moments overtly pay hommage 70's material, in total I find this to be a genuine effort. Extremely well done!

This album was so great to hear because this band had floundered for YEARS up to this point. Sure some will say it's TO much classic Kansas. but after years and years of meandering sclock. i welcome this style back.

Mick

Only thing that I noticed that seems to be missing is the youthful energy. Everything seems to be taken down a notch.

• Like 1

The 2000 album is full of Walsh's tuneless solo-style writing and singing that he first started doing on his first solo album in 1980.

Huh? Livgren wrote every song on the album, which is why it musically sounds very much like a classic Kansas record. Walsh's vocals aren't as amazing as they were back in the day, mostly because he killed his voice with smoking, but he still sounds good. Damn fine album.