NEW KANSAS ALBUM: The Prelude Implicit

Segue Myles

Album is out. Thoughts?

Crap album

You aren't even a Kansas fan and you basically cry like a little brat every time someone reminds you that Cheap Trick are duller than your one word posts

No I do not.

Can we not start this nonsense again?

I would say you started whatever is going on now.

I've got it on good authority that Tick is going to join KANSAS in time for the tour! Which will make them an 8 piece band. He'll be playing Pan Pipes, flugelhorn and will also perform background gargling and Riverboat Gambling piano.

I'm waiting for the call!

Kansas Live, Two For The Show might quite possibly be my favorite album of all time!

It's a great one for sure, especially the new edition with the 2nd disc. I remember having the gatefold vinyl in the 80's I always looked after it very carefully. I don't have it anymore though.

• Like 1

Album is out. Thoughts?

Crap album

You aren't even a Kansas fan and you basically cry like a little brat every time someone reminds you that Cheap Trick are duller than your one word posts

No I do not.

I've got it on good authority that Tick is going to join KANSAS in time for the tour! Which will make them an 8 piece band. He'll be playing Pan Pipes, flugelhorn and will also perform background gargling and Riverboat Gambling piano.

I am pretty sure he plays the Skin Flute.

Album is out. Thoughts?

Crap album

No I do not.

Doesn't everyone?

Album is out. Thoughts?

Crap album

No I do not.

Doesn't everyone?

Lesbians play the plastic skin flute.

Btw my copy came today but I'm not listening to it yet, I've going to continue with my current listening programme. :smoke:

I plan on getting it along with the new Marillion album this weekend!

Album is out. Thoughts?

Crap album

No I do not.

Doesn't everyone?

Have you ever played the skin bassoon? Its simply marvelous.

• Like 1

Btw my copy came today but I'm not listening to it yet, I've going to continue with my current listening programme. :smoke:

Can I not talk you out of getting the Marillion?? :huh:

I have the new Opeth album Sorceress ordered, it's out on Friday. :d13:

Album is out. Thoughts?

Crap album

No I do not.

Doesn't everyone?

Have you ever played the skin bassoon? Its simply marvelous.

Oboe?

Opeth is cool

I LOVE Marillion! So...no

Going to see them in NYC on Election night! Can't f***ing wait!

• Like 1

Opeth is cool

I've also got some other albums coming out or already out, Blackthorne II (Graham Bonnet/Bob Kullick) – Don’t Kill the Thrill (previously unrealeased follow-up to the 1993 debut album from the band, Eric Johnson – EJ (October 7), Kee Marcello – Scaling Up (October 14), Testament – The Brotherhood of the Snake (October 28), Glenn Hughes – Resonate (November 4), Graham Bonnet Band – The Book (November 4). I also might pick up the new Rik Emmett album.

Opeth is cool

I've also got some other albums coming out or already out, Blackthorne II (Graham Bonnet/Bob Kullick) – Don’t Kill the Thrill (previously unrealeased follow-up to the 1993 debut album from the band, Eric Johnson – EJ (October 7), Kee Marcello – Scaling Up (October 14), Testament – The Brotherhood of the Snake (October 28), Glenn Hughes – Resonate (November 4), Graham Bonnet Band – The Book (November 4). I also might pick up the new Rik Emmett album.

Great picks!

After a couple full listens, i must say this album has surprised. In a good way. Gonna keep it in rotation for awhile. Also it realky makes me want to see the leftoveture anniv tour now
  • Like 2

After a couple full listens, i must say this album has surprised. In a good way. Gonna keep it in rotation for awhile. Also it realky makes me want to see the leftoveture anniv tour now

This album is a pleasure to listen to, simple as that really

Nice to see people are giving this album a chance without automatically going right into the "KERRY AND STEVE AREN'T IN THE BAND IT ISN'T KANSAS!!! THIS ALBUM SUCKS EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD IT I JUST KNOW IT SUCKS."

Nice to see people are giving this album a chance without automatically going right into the "KERRY AND STEVE AREN'T IN THE BAND IT ISN'T KANSAS!!! THIS ALBUM SUCKS EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD IT I JUST KNOW IT SUCKS."

Most of us aren't like you.

;)

I LOVE the new album! Can't get enough of it! I'm shocked how great an album they made. Far better than the last one they made in 2000
  • Like 3

I LOVE the new album! Can't get enough of it! I'm shocked how great an album they made. Far better than the last one they made in 2000

Yeah, it's good. The 2000 album is full of Walsh's tuneless solo-style writing and singing that he first started doing on his first solo album in 1980. He didn't bring it to Kansas until In the Spirit of Things, just one certain songs.

• Like 2

Listening for essentially the first time rn. Very solid. I will note that it wouldn't take much to convince me this is Toto with violin, but then I can also fully recognize this as Kansas with more polished production and a little less urgency. I dig it. Might buy it if I get the chance and it's not too much.

I gotta say, I listened to and analyzed the lyrics of "The Voyage Of Eight Eighteen" and I gotta say, its probably one of Kansas's most emotional and beautiful songs and they ring so true in today's world....

Somewhere there is

A place where all the things that live and breathe

Exist in harmony

Sharing gifts of what a world of life

Can bring to those who see

Giving back more than they take, they need

To stay in balance, letting colors synchronize

Somehow the light,

Of greater minds of knowledge lead us through

The darkness of night

Calculated the dimensions flow

A formula that's just and right

Bringing us to reason and reform

The logic that eludes, the changing answers of the truth

Someway we'll find

A way to hold the innocence we had in

The eyes of a child

To wake each day with open hearts and minds

Devoid of tarnishing from life

Beyond a darkness that conceals our hate

No one to despise

No more feelings to disguise

• Like 1

Nothing about this album impresses me. Everything great about it has been done all before. Its like the work of a skilled copyist. Brilliant forgery but it's not the original.

Not a rubbish album by any means. But this isn't amazing.