What TV Channels Do You Hate

Permanent-Rush

On one of the main channels during prime time last Sunday night, they showed a game of kickball between various past & present pro athletes.

Kickball for crying out loud!!!

Wow, I used to think I was very sus cause the only "sport" I was good at was bowling (and I use quotation marks under "sport" cause whether or not bowling is actually a sport is debatable). Professional kickball? Even "professional bowling" is less of a joke than that!

Sci-Fi/Syfy channel has so much potential but they screw it all away.

Yeah, the way they suddenly cancelled/ended Eureka and Warehouse 13 made me realize the channel had no clue what they were doing. Haven was a good show though but it always seems that after four or five seasons, they don't want anything to do with their original scripted programming.

I loved Eureka and Warehouse 13. Also Sanctuary was a good show that got cancelled before its time.

On one of the main channels during prime time last Sunday night, they showed a game of kickball between various past & present pro athletes.

Wow, I used to think I was very sus cause the only "sport" I was good at was bowling (and I use quotation marks under "sport" cause whether or not bowling is actually a sport is debatable). Professional kickball? Even "professional bowling" is less of a joke than that!

No, not pro kickball. This was worse actually.

It was a show that had pro baseball players, soccer players, judo artists, etc. playing KICKBALL! Why the hell would I want to see Hideki Matsui play kickball?!!

One of their biggest mistakes was to change the name to "Syfy". To start, it looks as though it's pronounced as the beginning of "syphilis," which conjures up bad images. When they originally changed the name the said they did so to make science fiction more accessible to people, and especially to women. WTF? That right there is a reason for me *not* to watch the station/ You know what would make the station more accessible to women? Keeping the original name, not dumbing it down, and showing good scifi programming!

• Like 1

One of their biggest mistakes was to change the name to "Syfy". To start, it looks as though it's pronounced as the beginning of "syphilis," which conjures up bad images. When they originally changed the name the said they did so to make science fiction more accessible to people, and especially to women. WTF? That right there is a reason for me *not* to watch the station/ You know what would make the station more accessible to women? Keeping the original name, not dumbing it down, and showing good scifi programming!

I hadn't heard that. How bizarre. You're right. Good programming would go miles to help them pull out of the mud pit of horror and B movies they have put themselves in.

It was a show that had pro baseball players, soccer players, judo artists, etc. playing KICKBALL! Why the hell would I want to see Hideki Matsui play kickball?!!

Oh so it's like the Japanese equivalent of Superstars only with one game/sport involved?

Edited by PolarizeMe

Any channel dedicated to sports, except for Disc Golf, or drag racing. Also classic, exotic car auctions.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananadanceOrig.gif

Oh so it's like the Japanese equivalent of Superstars only with one game/sport involved?

Yeah.

The difference is that Superstars has true athletic events with the athletes actually making an effort. The garbage I briefly watched was supposed to be fun and funny with these athletes trying to ham it up as thy played kickball.

Forgot who it was, but the Terminator theme music played every time one particular player went to the plate since he was the biggest and most imposing. A tired, typical joke that wasn't much of a joke in the first place.

The major networks are shite, the only Network show I watch is The Amazing Race.

Edited by pjbear05

Not really a network , but a trend. :ranton:

Can we END ALL the shows where people are working in Alaska? Are people really fascinated with rural living???

Rural areas exist all over this country. Feel free to go to Montana in January, or the woods of Arkansas...

But in the main 48 they are called poor people.

Also, has the world not caught on to the Deadliest Catch yet?? It's in the editing stupid

Here's a recap of every episode for 15 years. Scene 1: Captain A complains about how hard it is to catch crab. Scene 2: All captains complain about bad weather. Scene 3 : Captain B complains how the new guy who has never been on a fishing vessel is slowing them down and does not want to train him. Scene 4 : Everyone catches crab and is happy $$$$