Favorite Genre Of Music?

25 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Music Genre

• Rock/Hard Rock/Soft Rock/Pop Rock
    • Any Kind Of Metal(Ex: Heavy,Power,Thrash)
    • Alternative/Grunge
    • Punk/Punk Rock
    • New Wave/Indie
    • Classical
    • Glam Rock/Metal/Hair Rock/Metal
    • Pop/Dance/Electronic/Techno/Trance,Etc
    • R&B/Soul/Funk
    • Hip Hop/Rap/Rap Rock
    • Prog Rock/Metal
    • All Of Them/Can't Decide/Don't Care

I'm just gonna say guitar based music. I love music in general but 95% of my collection is rock and metal.

Believe it or not I hardly own any pop.

I'm in the same boat. For me, genre doesn't really matter cause I care most about liking it or not. Most of my music collection is guitar/bass lead music but aside from that, the next common genre on my music collection is Electronic/Ambient/Noise (I combined the three cause the recordings I own of that scene fall under all three genres simultaneously.)

I've noticed your taste now is very similar to my musical tastes circa 2006-08. I love your musical choices!

At least in the metalcore/mathcore/everyothercore department, haha. It's all good though. I just took a listen to The Second Wave (Khoma) based on our music exchange from Union's TRF Rabb.it chat. It's funny, I like a few Cult of Luna albums, (Salvation and Somewhere Along The Highway) but I think from that album alone I like Khoma more out of the two bands.

I'm just gonna say guitar based music. I love music in general but 95% of my collection is rock and metal.

Believe it or not I hardly own any pop.

I'm in the same boat. For me, genre doesn't really matter cause I care most about liking it or not. Most of my music collection is guitar/bass lead music but aside from that, the next common genre on my music collection is Electronic/Ambient/Noise (I combined the three cause the recordings I own of that scene fall under all three genres simultaneously.)

I've noticed your taste now is very similar to my musical tastes circa 2006-08. I love your musical choices!

At least in the metalcore/mathcore/everyothercore department, haha. It's all good though. I just took a listen to The Second Wave (Khoma) based on our music exchange from Union's TRF Rabb.it chat. It's funny, I like a few Cult of Luna albums, (Salvation and Somewhere Along The Highway) but I think from that album alone I like Khoma more out of the two bands.

Yeah but back in 2006 goth metal aside...I was into a lot of what you love now (Is is, Neurosis, Pelican, Mono, I even listened to Katatonia (which funnily enough sounds more like the music I enjoy now). I enjoyed drone as well and sludge metal.

I never spell this right but for a good year I was obsessed with suno))) or something like that (it's been a good six years since I played that).

Botch, Refused...

But I will say Khoma was my gateway into more melodic stuff from that phase and then I grew into old school emo (Rites Of Spring, Sunny Day Real Estate, Christie Front Drive, Mineral) and that's how I ended up getting a taste for more light stuff!

I used to play Mastodon and Opeth albums to help me unwind...

I feel like I'm talking about someone totally different haha

• Like 2

I think I need a dose of Converge now...

I never spell this right but for a good year I was obsessed with suno))) or something like that (it's been a good six years since I played that).

Oh Sunn O))) (pronounced simply as "Sun"). Yeah, back when I was at the peak of my Steven Wilson fanaticism 5 years ago, I saw an interview and he wore one of their tees and I tracked down the exact shirt and bought one of my own without knowing who/what Sunn O))) were. Of course, I've since listened to them and I like a few of what I heard from them.

I believe it was the late, great Bob Guccione who once said that 90% of anything and everything is pure ****, and the remaining 10% is usually worthwhile ..

I feel that way with music - if it is sincere, I'll like it

I was going to post that quote as well, because it's pretty much true of any artistic endeavor. The 10% mark is probably generous. :LOL: Of course, even if it is crap, that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable. Sometimes a Big Mac hits the spot. And plenty of people won't enjoy a perfectly cooked cut of Kobe beef. Meat just isn't their thing. Edited by goose
  • Like 2

The Partridge Family had a few good tunes.

Then I lost interest completely after their thought provoking show was given the ax.

I think I love you...but what am I so afraid of?
  • Like 1

Then I lost interest completely after their thought provoking show was given the ax.

BACK OF SHE IS MINE!!!!!

• Like 2

so what you're sayin' is that a band ripped off the old amp name and logo ?

http://www.mercurymagnetics.com/images/amps/misc/Sunn-Solarus-head.jpg

Yes. They are sonic apocalypse personified to the point it makes you disoriented. Imagine if minimalist composers went funeral doom metal in their approach to minimalism.
  • Like 1

The band steals the logo then files a lawsuit against a website for having a similar design

Good to know creativity is alive and well

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/sunn-o-will-send-you-a-cease-and-desist-if-you-sell-anything-with-o-on-it

:facepalm:

Too bad we won't see the Sunn O))) amps being revived anytime soon. I was hoping I can buy some so I can partake in some amplifier worshipping. :eyeroll:

Sometimes a Big Mac hits the spot. And plenty of people won't enjoy a perfectly cooked cut of Kobe beef. Meat just isn't their thing.

:hi:

BACK OF SHE IS MINE!!!!!

Reminds me of the classic track from the Beat..."Hands Off She's Mine"

:LOL:

BTW, are you familiar with the Partridge Family track I was referencing? Bubble gum gold!

• Like 1

Sometimes a Big Mac hits the spot. And plenty of people won't enjoy a perfectly cooked cut of Kobe beef. Meat just isn't their thing.

:hi:

Yeah, I had you in mind, Gina! :)
  • Like 1

Hahaha, I remember that tune. By the way, I was just reading about David. Sad.

What happened? I'll take a look...

:outtahere:

He didn't die, but he has a drinking problem and has filed for bankruptcy. No trace of the young David in his face today.

It's just a shame what happens to some in that profession.

So...alcoholism...multiple DUIs...and bankruptcy. :( Edited by goose

You left the blues off the list? That's a serious faux pas, considering where rock and roll came from.

Whoops.

She also left off Surrenderama! It's a musical form of an activity we know as Surrenderdrama!

• Like 1