Rap!

I'm not a huge rap guy either, but I do listen to a teaspoon worth of it. I'll say what some other people have said already and that I think Kendrick Lamar's great. A concert going buddy of mine skipped class to see him last year. Super25Smasher mentioned them in his post, but I do like the rap/metal fusion as well...I was a fan back then, still a fan now of Linkin Park (though I'm probably in the minority for this, I think they got better after Hybrid Theory and Meteora). Even Godflesh...they're really industrial metal but on Songs of Love And Hate, there's a lot of hip hop undertones on that album alone (the beats/rhythm especially) which I totally dig, such as on the song Circle Of Shit.

There's also this experimental rap/hip hop group dälek from my birthplace of Newark, NJ who I enjoy as well. They just put out an album on Profound Lore which has been historically an extreme metal label. For the Steven Wilson fans, SW's a fan of the group to the point where he named their album Gutter Tactics one of the best of 2009 as well as collaborating with one another on

that's on the NSRGNTS RMXS remix album.
  • Like 1

I don't like Rap and I didn't have time to try to listen to Rap way back when... I did like a few of The Beastie Boys songs, if you want to call their music Rap.

I have one of their albums, Hello Nasty and that's as far as I go.

Hip Hop is pure garbage, IMO.

http://youtu.be/Q8Mv2cFMjIE

Edited by custom55
  • Like 1

I thought Warren G - Regulate was good way back when

and Colors by Ice T....but those were both in movies which is why I like them

So NO, Not a rap fan

"I am a nightmare walkin' psychopath talkin', king of my jungle just a gangster stalkin'..."

:yes:

• Like 1

I listened to That album without being stoned but hey it could enhance, lol

Mick

Was this one I recommended or did the hype get to ya?

Masterpiece. Not something I can play often. But something whose greatness I cannot deny.

i was looking to break into rap and this one was getting all the press and the time.

and for once......i agree with the public, lol

Mick

Literally the same reason I listened to it. True ditto.

• Like 1

I grew up listening to early 90s east coast rap and west coast gangsta rap. I still like all that, but I don't dig most of the new stuff now. There are a few exceptions though...Kendrick was already mentioned. He's unparallelled right now. I really like Run the Jewels too...sonically interesting and hard as f**k like old NWA. :yes:

Outkast is my favorite hip hop group of all time. Still holding out hope that they'll get back together one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx3H99uPz_k

• Like 4

Kanye's lame

He ain't got game

For global warming

He I blame

Cracks open his humongo pie-hole

(Oh no no no)

There the icecaps go

Yo yo yo yo yo...

• Like 1

Seriously, the only rap I come close to enjoying is the hybridized rap/metal fusion of XL & Death Before Dishonor (DBD). Good stuff, Maynard.
  • Like 1

This is the only rapper I like, and the only rap song I like:

You are so stuck inside your small limited world when it comes to music reading your fan boy love for everything Rush is like watching a Mel Brooks parody of the TRF forum.

But not one of his better movies.

You are so stuck inside your small limited world when it comes to music reading your fan boy love for everything Rush is like watching a Mel Brooks parody of the TRF forum.

Ehm...excuse me? But what do you really know about me? Nothing! I listen to a lot of other stuff then Rush.

Such as The Beatles, Lita Ford, Marillion, Opeth, Queen, Black Sabbath, King Crimson, Steven Wilson, Magenta, The Offspring, Led Zeppelin, Bad Company, Frank Zappa. And much more.

I just happen to dislike the rap genre. So shut the fucck up about stuff you dont know about you idiot and get a life.

• Like 2

SHOTS FIRED

maybe they can settle this in a rap battle..........or a drive by.

"that was awful but i don't apologize, lol"

Mick

I just get bored of RUSH IS THE BEST AT EVERYTHING when clearly he sucked at rapping.

Plus it stirs up a bit of fun.

• Like 2

Ehm...excuse me? But what do you really know about me? Nothing! I listen to a lot of other stuff then Rush.

Such as The Beatles, Lita Ford, Marillion, Opeth, Queen, Black Sabbath, King Crimson, Steven Wilson, Magenta, The Offspring, Led Zeppelin, Bad Company, Frank Zappa. And much more.

I just happen to dislike the rap genre. So shut the fucck up about stuff you dont know about you idiot and get a life.

Always love to see a guy win over his critics so tactfully.

SHOTS FIRED

maybe they can settle this in a rap battle..........or a drive by.

"that was awful but i don't apologize, lol"

Mick

I just get bored of RUSH IS THE BEST AT EVERYTHING when clearly he sucked at rapping.

Plus it stirs up a bit of fun.

Then why are you here? This is a RUSH forum dumbass!

• Like 1