Rap!

I know this is a forum devoted to Rush so I'm sure I'll find some interesting opinions here. How do you all feel about rap? I used to dismiss it, but with some searching you can find some pretty good stuff. If you like it, who do you like to listen to? I stick with 90's ganster rap like NWA, Brotha Lynch Hung, and Wu Tang Clan, and newer stoner rap like Kid Cudi and Curren$y. The latter have some lyrics that actually make me think, like Rush actually. Opinions?
  • Like 2

Not a big rap guy, but I've done more open exploring recently, and Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly is nigh on mind blowingly incredible.
  • Like 2

I like Rap Rock and Metal like Rage Against The Machine and Linkin Park. Not a fan of hip-hop, but "Berzerk" by Eminem is a great rap-rock song.

• Like 1

Some of my fav Rappers

Kendrick Lamar

J. Cole

Ice Cube

Eminem

Nas

NWA

Kendrick's to pimp a butterfly Incredable as a piece of music forget genre a sec. it's a phenominal work of music.

Mick

• Like 2

Some of my fav Rappers

Kendrick Lamar

J. Cole

Ice Cube

Eminem

Nas

NWA

Kendrick's to pimp a butterfly Incredable as a piece of music forget genre a sec. it's a phenominal work of music.

Mick

I read somewhere David Bowie took a lot of inspiration for Blackstar from TPAB. I can hear it in those saxes for sure.

• Like 1

Not a big rap guy, but I've done more open exploring recently, and Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly is nigh on mind blowingly incredible.

Some of my fav Rappers

Kendrick Lamar

J. Cole

Ice Cube

Eminem

Nas

NWA

Mick

Definitely giving To Pimp a Butterfly a listen. Thanks for this one.

• Like 2

Some of my fav Rappers

Kendrick Lamar

J. Cole

Ice Cube

Eminem

Nas

NWA

Mick

I read somewhere that even President Obama loved it so much he had a personal interview/meeting with Kendrick Lamar. Obama even had a favorite song from it. Not sure if you might consider that a good thing or not, lol.

Some of my fav Rappers

Kendrick Lamar

J. Cole

Ice Cube

Eminem

Nas

NWA

Mick

do it......i don't think you'll regret it. i was spellbound my first listen.

Mick

• Like 1

Some of my fav Rappers

Kendrick Lamar

J. Cole

Ice Cube

Eminem

Nas

NWA

Mick

Mick

I admit I only listened once, but once was plenty enough to make a lasting impression. Just woah.

Some of my fav Rappers

Kendrick Lamar

J. Cole

Ice Cube

Eminem

Nas

NWA

Mick

Mick

Should I be doing this stoned? It's definitely impressing me at the moment, but it might be inflated because I'm a little stoney currently

Some of my fav Rappers

Kendrick Lamar

J. Cole

Ice Cube

Eminem

Nas

NWA

Mick

Mick

Should I be doing this stoned? It's definitely impressing me at the moment, but it might be inflated because I'm a little stoney currently

Well, I'd never say anyone should be in such a state, but it probably can't hurt your listening experience, hehe.

Some of my fav Rappers

Kendrick Lamar

J. Cole

Ice Cube

Eminem

Nas

NWA

Mick

Mick

Well, I'd never say anyone should be in such a state, but it probably can't hurt your listening experience, hehe.

Agreed about the drugs haha...not for me to recommend but to each his own!

This is a phenomenal album.

• Like 1

I listened to That album without being stoned but hey it could enhance, lol

Mick

Was this one I recommended or did the hype get to ya?

Masterpiece. Not something I can play often. But something whose greatness I cannot deny.

• Like 2

I listened to That album without being stoned but hey it could enhance, lol

Mick

Was this one I recommended or did the hype get to ya?

Masterpiece. Not something I can play often. But something whose greatness I cannot deny.

i was looking to break into rap and this one was getting all the press and the time.

and for once......i agree with the public, lol

Mick

• Like 2

I thought Warren G - Regulate was good way back when

and Colors by Ice T....but those were both in movies which is why I like them

So NO, Not a rap fan

• Like 1