Wot? A Flower? TRF's Garunteed Eternal GENESIS THREAD!

Finally listened through all of the s/t. Awesome album. Love Mama, That's All, Home&2ndHome, Illegal Alien, and Just A Job To Do especially, the other three also being really great. I have no clue how I'm going to rank the Genesis records anymore, they're all so great.

Taking It All Too Hard is particularly lovely imo. Count me in as an unabashed fan of this album.

• Like 1

um sorry but.....wrong.

he Got better outside the group. and the group thrived.

and had an Trick of the Tail.

Mick

I saw both versions of Genesis in concert and for my money the Gabriel version was much better. Lamb Lies Down start to finish... Tough to beat that.

Edited by custom55

um sorry but.....wrong.

he Got better outside the group. and the group thrived.

and had an Trick of the Tail.

Mick

I saw both versions of Genesis in concert and for my money the Gabriel version was much better. Lamb Lies Down start to finish... Tough to beat that.

Theres the typical double album dip but nothing about it is horrendous.

Finally listened through all of the s/t. Awesome album. Love Mama, That's All, Home&2ndHome, Illegal Alien, and Just A Job To Do especially, the other three also being really great. I have no clue how I'm going to rank the Genesis records anymore, they're all so great.

Taking It All Too Hard is particularly lovely imo. Count me in as an unabashed fan of this album.

Ooh, agreed. (Listening to it again, lol, infinitely replayable)

Lamb should have been a single. that 2nd disc just bores me to tears.

love disc 1 though.

Mick

Awww you dont know what you are talking about.

;)

Side 3 is fantastic. Great flow to the songs. Silent Sorrow is a bit long but that's the only criticism I have.

Edited by custom55

Lamb is not on Spotify or iTunes, therefor the only bit of it I've heard is two songs from Seconds Out, one of which I like and the other I love. I'm thinking I'm really going to want to make this one of the few albums I want to hear on vinyl first.

love disc 1 though.

Mick

;)

Side 3 is fantastic. Great flow to the songs. Silent Sorrow is a bit long but that's the only criticism I have.

Total headphone bliss.

• Like 1

Lamb is not on Spotify or iTunes, therefor the only bit of it I've heard is two songs from Seconds Out, one of which I like and the other I love. I'm thinking I'm really going to want to make this one of the few albums I want to hear on vinyl first.

• Like 1

And now I've heard another great bit, thanks! :)

• Like 1

love disc 1 though.

Mick

;)

Total headphone bliss.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Also, the transition from Mama to That's All is just perfection. Mama had already freaked you out and thrilled you with it's dark desperate angst, and as it fades out into presumable oblivion, behold! The keyboard riffs just settles into place and sounds just so subtly venomous under an angsty on-edge mood, then Phil chimes in seemingly sarcastically after the downward spiral of Mama, "just as I thought it was goin' alright." That's the moment you realize you've got a real record in your hands.
  • Like 2

Doh.

Someday someone's going to notice I screwed up the tags to this thread...

Here's a question for you all, who's the better singer? Phil or Peter? Just based off of vocal ability, rather than "artistic merit" or whatever else.

It's hard to say for me, but I'd say they're nearly matched. On one hand Peter's got more soul and depth to his singing, but can certainly lack in his technical ability and range. Phil on the other hand I think can do more vocal gymnastics and has a greater range and smoother style, but it can sound robotic or synthetic at times compared to Peter. They can both do funny voices though, so that's a plus for both.

Here's a question for you all, who's the better singer? Phil or Peter? Just based off of vocal ability, rather than "artistic merit" or whatever else.

It's hard to say for me, but I'd say they're nearly matched. On one hand Peter's got more soul and depth to his singing, but can certainly lack in his technical ability and range. Phil on the other hand I think can do more vocal gymnastics and has a greater range and smoother style, but it can sound robotic or synthetic at times compared to Peter. They can both do funny voices though, so that's a plus for both.

Preference- Phil for me. thoough i do enjoy Peter.

From a purely Technical Standpoint.........phil All day.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

I figured you'd be on that side, and I tend to agree with you. I love Peter's voice as well though.

Mick

I figured you'd be on that side, and I tend to agree with you. I love Peter's voice as well though.

peter's got the emotion

phil's more the singer's singer......he do things vocally Peter just can't.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

The Battle of Epping Forest--------------------------Classic

Catchy, fun, but musically somewhat misguided. Just my opinion. The rest of that record is epic though, I love it now.