Bat Out of Hell!- The Official Meat Loaf Thread

Bigbobby10

Cool. Maybe this thread will bring Mick out of hiding.

Used to be a huge fan during Bat 2 and Welcome To The Neighborhood. Don't listen to him like I used to but still listen to some stuff now and then. Bat Out Of Hell is one of the best songs of all time. Bat 2 is my favorite album from him though. Steinman had become such a strong songwriter by that point and the song quality is superb on it.

• Like 1

Cool. Maybe this thread will bring Mick out of hiding.

Used to be a huge fan during Bat 2 and Welcome To The Neighborhood. Don't listen to him like I used to but still listen to some stuff now and then. Bat Out Of Hell is one of the best songs of all time. Bat 2 is my favorite album from him though. Steinman had become such a strong songwriter by that point and the song quality is superb on it.

Agreed, it is a shame it took me so long to find them as a group

He collapsed onstage in Edmonton this evening.

On the way to the hospital.

http://variety.com/2016/music/news/meat-loaf-collapses-on-stage-during-concert-1201797648/

He collapsed onstage in Edmonton this evening.

On the way to the hospital.

http://variety.com/2...ert-1201797648/

Why the hell is he still touring anyways? He did what was supposed to be his last tour a couple years ago. I've heard both his knees and voice are shot now.

It's odd because early in his career when he was a much larger man than he is now, he used to always collapse backstage after his shows and would need oxygen. The guy puts so much into his performance, I guess at his age, he just wasn't able to wait until the show was over before he fell to the ground.

Hope everything is OK with him but the man really shouldn't be touring anymore.

He passed out last night at a concert in Edmonton, it was a 5.0 magnitude earthquake.

You know the guy has lost a lot of weight over the years and is nowhere near the blimp that he used to be, right?

He passed out last night at a concert in Edmonton, it was a 5.0 magnitude earthquake.

You know the guy has lost a lot of weight over the years and is nowhere near the blimp that he used to be, right?

I dont really care

I just noticed this thread.

I love Meat Loaf. Bat out of hell is A GREAT album. but to me II is the best album of the trilogy. it was my 1st Meat album.

as for non bat Albums Dead Ringer and Welcome to the Neighborhood are brilliant.

To me Meat and Steinman are the true kings of bombast. Nobody beats them. (Segue will be chewing my head off, loL"NIGHTWISH MICK!!!!!!!!!")

Oh and......For Crying Out Loud is my fav song ever. best. Love song. Ever. WRITTEN.

yea i said it.

and get better Meat.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Damn, Bat Out of Hell was HUGE back in the day. You couldn't avoid it and it just wouldn't go away! And it's still a huge album.

It's campy fun. A production marvel by Mr. Todd Rundgren.

Meat loaf always recalls being blown away by Todd. Cause they wanted a motorcycle on the title track.

Todd said......you want a motorcycle? Watch this.

Revved his guitar and made a huge sound that's on the record, lol

Mick

• Like 1

I am nuts but I hate this band. I have bat out of hell 2 and I abhor it.

Why do they make me so angry?!

However, music aside I think these guys are really professional and I admire there stage shows. I love the effort they put into everything they do.

But for some reason they make me so angry and I can't even tell you why they give me this reaction!

But yeah...genuinely worried about him when he collapsed on stage and I have hoped he gets well soon. No one should have to go through that onstage and I feel for his fans as well.

BTW...as much as I don't like this band at all, have any of the members ever made music for film scores?

They are very cinematic and I just wondered.

However, music aside I think these guys are really professional and I admire there stage shows. I love the effort they put into everything they do.

But for some reason they make me so angry and I can't even tell you why they give me this reaction!

But yeah...genuinely worried about him when he collapsed on stage and I have hoped he gets well soon. No one should have to go through that onstage and I feel for his fans as well.

BTW...as much as I don't like this band at all, have any of the members ever made music for film scores?

Ah segue i was wondering when you'd crash us, lol

i'll just say you be nuts and leave it at that, lol

Hugs.

Mick

Hugs.

Mick

Music aside I actually really like their mentality and I honestly admire their craft.

So...any film music at all?

For years I thought Meat Loaf was an actual musical...

There is no band. Jim Steinman wrote the songs. Meat Loaf sang the songs. Tons of guest musicians, including some members of the E-Street Band. Todd Rundgren thought of the album as a parody of Springsteen!

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

Hugs.

Mick

Music aside I actually really like their mentality and I honestly admire their craft.

So...any film music at all?

For years I thought Meat Loaf was an actual musical...

Steinman has done theater.

i don't think film though.

Mick

There is no band. Jim Steinman wrote the songs. Meatloaf sang the songs. Tons of guest musicians, including some members of the E-Street Band. Todd Rundgren thought of the album as a parody of Springsteen!

Yeah I was debating whether or not to call them a band...

I have to say I really don't buy into the pomp. Musically it's great but song wise, nothing suits me at all but in recent weeks I've come to enjoy their stage shows. I love anyone who does all they can to please the fans as well as he does, music aside I've softened to the guy a lot.

I hear the Springsteen sound but honestly it would be like comparing the work of Jessica Simpson to Etta James (sorry). I really don't like it. But I would love to try some instrumental work from him. Or maybe just instrumental versions of his songs, if there are any.

just gonna point out.......cause i don't know if Segue is approaching it like this or not.

but if you come into meat Loaf with your "serious goggles" you just lose every time. it's pure camp. all it ever was.

if it still annoys fair. then it's just not meant for you.

Mick

• Like 2