All the World's a Stage

Saint NIck

It's been a long time since I posted; and as time does not stand still, maybe we can travel to this date of June 13th, but back-back-back to that Sunday night of 1976 when a young Geddy, Alex and Neil were closing out a three night performance up at Massey Hall in Toronto. Why do I bring this up now; 40 years ago tonight during the 2112 tour, a live album was being recorded. It would become an ABSOLUTE TREMENDOUS MASTERPIECE of musicianship, and just the beginning of legendary status. With that, imagine what was still to come. What would come five years later would be my favorite live album EXIT...STAGE LEFT; but ALL THE WORLD'S A STAGE is next. We all know about the video footage from the 2112 tour in New Jersey; we can only hope that there's more in the vault.
  • Like 8

Possibly the first rush album i owned, but who knows its been so lomg. Overall, one of the best live albums ever made by anyone
  • Like 2

When I bought this album, I had heard 2112, Fly by Night, and from Moving Pictures on (which at the time was only P/G) so a good chunk of the album was new material to me. I don't think I'd be as much of a Lakeside Park or Bastille Day fan had I not heard them here first. Great, great album.

Possibly the first rush album i owned, but who knows its been so lomg. Overall, one of the best live albums ever made by anyone

Definitely the first Rush album I owned. And yeah, one of the best live albums period.

First Rush 8-track for me in 1979. Never heard anything like them before. Knew this was a very special band!

After about a month of blasting this record, my brother came home with the 2112 album. We had the other albums by early 1977, and then waited for the next release...