Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Metallica_-_Death_Magnetic_cover.jpg

Kind of a disappointing listen. Not nearly as good as I remember (it's been years!!). But it absolutely blows away 72 Seasons. Highlights for me are "The Judas Kiss" and "Suicide and Redemption."

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chronos said:

Metallica_-_Death_Magnetic_cover.jpg

Kind of a disappointing listen. Not nearly as good as I remember (it's been years!!). But it absolutely blows away 72 Seasons. Highlights for me are "The Judas Kiss" and "Suicide and Redemption."

The production here was always the issue. It took me several listens to get into it because of that. I have no clue what Rick Rubin and the band were thinking. How did any of them say yeah, that sounds good and my ears aren't bleeding after hearing that. The loudest produced album I have ever heard and not in a good way. The songs themselves are great. With better production this album could have been a classic. Instead it's just a very good one. They played six songs off it every show on that tour. The audience was into them at the show I went to.

• Like 2

In Flames 

They seem to be on constant rotation these days. Fans tear entire chunks of their discography apart, but I'm lucky in that I appreciate all of it, in varying degrees.

I've also played a fair bit of Baroness, Thrice, Mastodon and Blue Oyster Cult, but not entire albums.

Mastodon

Pearl Jam.

Mastodon is one of my fav metal bands of all rime.  Starting from Crack the Skye onward.  

And PJ.  i've really only been playing the first 3 albums.  they're all fantastic.  I've tried after those but for me PJ is only worth the first 3,  very quick drop off in quality afterward.

Mick

• Like 3

Dan Fogelberg and The Killers

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

I’ve been meaning to check them out,

are they similar-ish to Muse ? 🤔

Not quite, theyre very much indie. Their earlier albums had more of a "group of guys jamming out" kinda feel to them, eventually they evolved to be more, for lack of better terms, "professional/mainstream", but still very much kept their originality and experimentation. 

Ill give 2 songs to highlight this

this is from 1996

This is 2004

• Like 2

Dan Fogelberg

Wver discover an artist, totally out the blue, never having even heard the name before, and found yourself diving deep into their discography? Because I have with Dan. His music is enriching my life. His music speaks to me, I am in awe. I feel I found him at the exact right moment in life to impact me, similar to when I discovered Bruce Springsteen, or the moment Taylor Swift released Reputation. 

I just love his music. I feel like his music has literally added something to my life that was missing beforehand.

The Beaches blame Brett.  I don't know him. What did he do?

The Melvins because I just saw them with Mr. Bungle a couple weeks ago. They're in my top 5 and it was my first time seeing them, I was so excited to see King Buzzo and Mike Patton!! 

On 5/10/2023 at 7:26 AM, bluefox4000 said:

Mastodon

Pearl Jam.

Mastodon is one of my fav metal bands of all rime.  Starting from Crack the Skye onward.  

And PJ.  i've really only been playing the first 3 albums.  they're all fantastic.  I've tried after those but for me PJ is only worth the first 3,  very quick drop off in quality afterward.

Mick

Right on, Mastodon rocks. They're one of my boyfriend's favorites as well, we got to see them last year. We were in the 4th row in front of Brent Hinds, it was incredible. Brent is one of his biggest inspirations.

• Like 2

Been not staying in one place long these days.

now

Springsteen

Jackson Browne

Dan Fogelberg

Billy Joel

Sorry for anyone who was excited by my Rush binge but grace under pressure made sure that died a bloody death.:laugh2::puke::oops:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Been not staying in one place long these days.

now

Springsteen

Jackson Browne

Dan Fogelberg

Billy Joel

Sorry for anyone who was excited by my Rush binge but grace under pressure made sure that died a bloody death.:laugh2::puke::oops:

Mick

🤔 Maybe give Power Windows a spin Mick to re-kindle once more your recently  rediscoverd appreciation of the mighty

:rush: ? 🤞🙂

On 5/22/2023 at 5:48 AM, Krystal said:

An absolute masterpiece:

I love this song. I also think this might be my favourite A7X album

Still on the Toto and Pallas kick.

Discovered The Outfield in the last couple of weeks.  Kind of like a Rush lite... lots of energy and fun songs - but they sound great.  I missed catching this band back in the day. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, grep said:

Still on the Toto and Pallas kick.

Discovered The Outfield in the last couple of weeks.  Kind of like a Rush lite... lots of energy and fun songs - but they sound great.  I missed catching this band back in the day. 

the Outfield are great.

Mick

• Like 2

On 5/14/2023 at 4:06 PM, bluefox4000 said:

Billy Joel.

His music means more to mean than i give it credit for.

Mick

I gave Songs In The Attic a listen today...first in a long while.  He had some truly great early stuff

• Like 3