Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

2 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

The music is heavy, it's got all the great cheesiness that power metal is known for, and the lyrics are brutal and epic. 

Joakim is a huge history buff, so we do learn stuff in Sabaton's lyrics. I always enjoy them whenever I listen but the lack of variety in the song style leads to me to not go back to them for a while even though there's no denying the epic catchiness of their songs.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Joakim is a huge history buff, so we do learn stuff in Sabaton's lyrics. I always enjoy them whenever I listen but the lack of variety in the song style leads to me to not go back to them for a while even though there's no denying the epic catchiness of their songs.

Definitely. But they deserve the success they have, and I can see why they are so big! I also really like Powerwolf who are massive in Europe, and they have many of the same issues

I'm in a power metal mood (to my ears it's all just heavy f***ing metal, but never mind):

Angra 

Blind Guardian 

Rhapsody Of Fire 

Masterplan

• Like 1

Dan Fogelberg

i've been playing him near exclusively for about five months and i've played him since i was a teen but i'm having an eye opening experience with him.

Rapidly becoming a top 5 all time artist with me.

Mick

• Like 1

I don't buy that much music anymore.  But since Mike Portnoy and Rufus Taylor actually gave me the time of day, I feel compelled to buy albums by Dream Theater and The Darkness.   

• Like 1

Pink Cream 69

( I’ve been aware of

them for ages ! 🙃... but am only just now  finally checking out their back catalogue 👍😎

Early Elton John.  I found a live record on spotify that is I think 1970 - Burn Down the Mission, Take Me To the Pilot etc... at that point, he was just playing with a bassist and a drummer, and man, it sounds good.  Amazing harmonies.  He made so much schlock later on, but Tumbleweed Connection and Honky Chateau are really the s**t.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Timbale said:

Early Elton John.  I found a live record on spotify that is I think 1970 - Burn Down the Mission, Take Me To the Pilot etc... at that point, he was just playing with a bassist and a drummer, and man, it sounds good.  Amazing harmonies.  He made so much schlock later on, but Tumbleweed Connection and Honky Chateau are really the s**t.

11-17-70 !  That is one of my favorite albums, I have the original vinyl. I think it was a radio concert from his first trip to the US. It is one of his best! 💕💕💕

• Like 2

P!nk 

Dan Fogelberg 

Bruce Springsteen (mostly songs over albums this time around)

In Flames 

And various seventies/eighties soft rock

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Any Singer/songwriter

but mostly these two

Jackson Browne

Dan fogelberg

i'm not in the mood for anything heavy.  too much for me lately This era of music just speaks to me more these days.

Mick

Not related. I saw a band cover Rain Dogs last night. 

• Like 1

The Callous Daoboys. They're a very experimental mathcore band with some unusual instruments for the genr, including saxophone and violin. They remind me of Every Time I Die and Dillinger Escape Plan.

On 2/18/2023 at 11:46 PM, blueschica said:

11-17-70 !  That is one of my favorite albums, I have the original vinyl. I think it was a radio concert from his first trip to the US. It is one of his best! 💕💕💕

It's a real eye opener for me - I didn't know he had that kind of small combo thing going on back then.  I'd always heard good things about his drummer, but never paid that much attention.  I wish there was more live stuff from that era!

• Like 1