Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

3 hours ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

Cool list 😎

Thank you! I like to think it's pretty widely varied.

• Like 1

Can’t believe I forgot Chris Cornell on my list. I just spent an hour screaming my lungs out to Badmotorfinger.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Super25Smasher said:

Pretty big 😂. I have a vast memory, and I'm deeply invested in all my favorite topics. I could talk to anyone about music for hours on end. I think it's a combination of me being on the spectrum, and consuming too much caffeine.

Hello, fellow spectrumite! :wave:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chronos said:

Hello, fellow spectrumite! :wave:

Salutations! :wave: If only you all could hear my rants about any given topic I'm interested in when I drink too much Mountain Dew hahaha :laugh2:

13 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

Salutations! :wave: If only you all could hear my rants about any given topic I'm interested in when I drink too much Mountain Dew hahaha :laugh2:

If those were the only prerequisites to bring on the spectrum I’d be right there with you! I love ranting about specific interests and drinking mt dew!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Can’t believe I forgot Chris Cornell on my list. I just spent an hour screaming my lungs out to Badmotorfinger.

I wish I could still scream my lungs out when singing along to a voice like his. Unfortunately, years of singing along to metal without using any sort of proper technique has rendered my aggressive/screaming voice to nothing now. I can still sing along with melodic stuff but aggression wise the best I can do now is a half ass imitation of John Bush. I blame the first four Slipknot albums for this 😄

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

If those were the only prerequisites to bring on the spectrum I’d be right there with you! I love ranting about specific interests and drinking mt dew!

Sounds like we'd be good friends! I've been drinking a lot of Pitch Black lately. My other favorites include Baja Blast, Dark Berry Bash, Purple Thunder, and Livewire. What flavors do you like?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

Sounds like we'd be good friends! I've been drinking a lot of Pitch Black lately. My other favorites include Baja Blast, Dark Berry Bash, Purple Thunder, and Livewire. What flavors do you like?

I stick to the original most of the time, but I love Baja Blast, Code Red, and Live Wire. There was a dark almost black one I had a couple years ago I liked but I don’t recall the name.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I wish I could still scream my lungs out when singing along to a voice like his. Unfortunately, years of singing along to metal without using any sort of proper technique has rendered my aggressive/screaming voice to nothing now. I can still sing along with melodic stuff but aggression wise the best I can do now is a half ass imitation of John Bush. I blame the first four Slipknot albums for this 😄

Oh yeah, Slipknot style vox will decimate your voice if you’re not doing it right. Frankly my chords aren’t too happy with my Chris Cornell impression right now either, which is why I don’t pull that kind of stuff out at open mics really. Doesn’t seem sustainable for me, and so far my voice lessons haven’t gotten into safely producing grit.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I stick to the original most of the time, but I love Baja Blast, Code Red, and Live Wire. There was a dark almost black one I had a couple years ago I liked but I don’t recall the name.

They're constantly debuting new flavors, and bringing back old ones. There are some interesting ones. They released a fruitcake one a few months back for the holidays. I wasn't very fond of it. The gingerbread one from the year before was better

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Oh yeah, Slipknot style vox will decimate your voice if you’re not doing it right. Frankly my chords aren’t too happy with my Chris Cornell impression right now either, which is why I don’t pull that kind of stuff out at open mics really. Doesn’t seem sustainable for me, and so far my voice lessons haven’t gotten into safely producing grit.

My vocal "training" doesn't go beyond what I learned in two years of glee club back in high school. That's probably why I have always been ok at singing along to melodic stuff but had no idea how to properly use my voice when it came to growling/screaming.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

My vocal "training" doesn't go beyond what I learned in two years of glee club back in high school. That's probably why I have always been ok at singing along to melodic stuff but had no idea how to properly use my voice when it came to growling/screaming.

Yeah, I’m also mostly self taught. Melody and inflection are pretty easy for me to replicate, but when things get really harsh or really high I put a lot of strain on my voice to achieve a similar sound and I’m trying to figure out how not to do that.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

They're constantly debuting new flavors, and bringing back old ones. There are some interesting ones. They released a fruitcake one a few months back for the holidays. I wasn't very fond of it. The gingerbread one from the year before was better

I meant to try the red white and blue one over the summer.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I meant to try the red white and blue one over the summer.

I loved DewSA. I drank a lot of it back in summer 2021. I miss Liberty Brew, too

• Like 1

Just now, Super25Smasher said:

I loved DewSA. I drank a lot of it back in summer 2021. I miss Liberty Brew, too

Well you clearly have me out dewed! I need to catch up!

have you had European Mt Dew?

• Like 1

Rush

Testament

Sabaton

Funeral For A Friend 

Jimmy Eat World

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Rush

Testament

Sabaton

Funeral For A Friend 

Jimmy Eat World

Sabaton pretty much write the same exact song but damn that song is catchy as hell and fun to sing along to.

Edited by J2112YYZ

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Sabaton pretty much write the same exact song but damn that song is catchy as hell and fun to sing along to.

Yeah I definitely don't love them, but my partner greatly enjoys them and I have fun listening to them. I do feel that they are playing it far too safe musically, but it's hard to hate what they do. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Well you clearly have me out dewed! I need to catch up!

have you had European Mt Dew?

I have not. I'd like to try it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Still Muse

And Dan fogelberg he's never out of my rotation lately.

As far as muse goes,....what can i say i'm digging em.

Mick

Yay!

45 minutes ago, Super25Smasher said:

I have not. I'd like to try it

It’s just a little bit better/sweeter.

• Like 1