Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

So played two Anthrax albums. Loved them both. They appear to be joining the likes of Queensryche, Pantera/Judas Priest (same band really), Epica and many more bands that once really didn't like but appear to be getting a real feel for.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Pantera/Judas Priest (same band really),

RAM

IT

DOWN

WHAT DID YOU SAAAY??

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

RAM

IT

DOWN

WHAT DID YOU SAAAY??

It amuses me that I triggered a long long LONG conversation 🤣

• Haha 1

In Flames 

Machine Head 

Lamb Of God 

Pantera 

These four bands are really impacting me at the moment.

But one band is creeping up on me every single day:

Anthrax 

• Like 3

On 4/25/2022 at 11:03 AM, ST3V said:

The Voidz, but mainly Virtue album. I just can't get into Tyranny that much, its got a couple great ones though.

And in less than a years time, Tyranny has overtaken Virtue for me. My eyes are opened

Gordon Lightfoot.

If you were to ask me what my top genres of music are i think Singer/Songwriters and smooth 70's pop would be A1 and A2.  i just LOVE the warm production sound of this era.  songs ain't bad either, lol

Gordon was a man my mom introduced to when i was maybe 8.  Some folk may call his style and this era of music just scmaltz.  Fair play but i can't agree.  And this guy had one great album after another in the 70's into the early 80's.

most people here where the dominant genres are prog and metal would just read this and go "huh????"

lol.

Mick

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 4:43 AM, bluefox4000 said:

Christopher Cross

Dan Fogelberg

the opposite of the manly big boy metal going around here.

i do like Pantera but i was just like......this is doing nothing for my anxiety right now lol

Mick

I never got Pantera...Christopher Cross is great, how much have you heard?

5 minutes ago, Steevo said:

i'm familiar through his great 1992 album Rondezvous.  but he is much more than that (albeit classic) debut.

i need to buy the rest.

Mick

Carly Cosgrove 

Polar Bear Club 

Carly Cosgrove is an emo band from Philadelphia. Their sound features open tuned guitars with lots of technical and melodic riffs, and plenty of tapping. While their lyrics are very serious and contain lots of metaphors, all of their song titles are quotes from the TV shows Drake and Josh, and iCarly.

Polar Bear Club was a melodic hardcore band from Rochester, NY. I think they're extremely underrated. Their sound is a perfect balance of melody and aggression.

31 minutes ago, Leanne said:

Metallica. I watched their live concert last night on YouTube. I’ll get on a Metallica kick every so often 

I still have a soft spot for the Puppets and Justice albums I have to admit, it keeps getting reawakened after watching the odd live show on YT then fades away again.  Don't really have much interest in them now.  The last show I saw was Lollapalooza which seemed an odd fit, guess things have changed.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 11:35 PM, Steevo said:

There's nothing to get with Pantera. They're not that deep or complicated. Pretty much just in your face and to the point.

• Like 2

Joni Mitchel.

and i've recently started Judas Priest.........But mostly Joni Mitchel lol

You can take your Swifts  i'll take her elder influences every time if pushed.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Joni Mitchel.

and i've recently started Judas Priest.........But mostly Joni Mitchel lol

You can take your Swifts  i'll take her elder influences every time if pushed.

Mick

Joni is a treasure! I grew up listening to Blue and Ladies Of the Canyon; Court and Spark. Love her!

• Like 1

Brothers Osborne. Fine musicians, great songs. Been listening to their 2020 album Skeletons on repeat for weeks. It's the best new stuff I've heard in a few years.

13 hours ago, blueschica said:

Joni is a treasure! I grew up listening to Blue and Ladies Of the Canyon; Court and Spark. Love her!

Joni is so good.  I mostly love her 70's prime.  My Absolute fav run is the trilogy of Court And Spark, Hissing of Summer Lawns and Hejira.  but really her whole 70's period is gold.

She kinda looses me in the 80's but who cares when you've spent a decade making perfection.

my top 5 would be

1. Hejira

2. Hissing

3. Court And Spark

4. Ladies of the Canyon

5. For the Roses

Mick

• Like 1

Hitting the Bob Dylan sauce hard these days.

i'm finding him perfect for winter.  I said this a few days ago.  I'm not one of those "Bob is god folk."  His hardcore fans are almost scary in their worship.  no he's shit the bed a lot in his career.  HOWEVER i will say and i stand by it.  Bob when he's at his best......i firmly believe there is no one better to do it maybe ever.  yes even over Waits, lol and i will also say.  He's been on a roll since 1997 with his original material.  i love every album from Time out Of Mind to Rough and Rowdy Ways.  Not counting his cover albums i mean.

The older  i get.  the more i feel how special he is.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3