Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Seeing Metallica last month got me into their music again for a bit, which caused me to pivot to Megadeth. In anticipation of the new album, I've been exploring stuff I haven't listened to much like YouthanasiaUnited Abominations. They're really great records. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Machine Head and Rhapsody Of Fire

Guess I ought to throw Saxon in as well 

• Like 1

Machine Head

Testament

All That Remains

Machine Head.......oh Machine Head.  When they decide to go goofy and awful.  they honestly give Mateliica a run.  like IMO Supercharger is just as bad as St. Anger and at times worse.  HOWEVER when this band gets serious.  They are for me.....Seriously in the conversation for best metal band.

Testament.  Their later output is for me their best stuff.  just brutal.

I'm still new to ATR but they made at least 3 awesome albums that will be in my rotation regularly now.

Mick

• Like 4

John Payne era Asia, but really John Payne in general which includes GPS and Dukes of the Orient. Great voice, great songwriter. 

Also been on my Oasis grind this week.

• Like 1

It's official. Robbie Williams has passed Elvis Presley as the solo artist with the most UK #1 albums.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11220207/Robbie-Williams-breaks-records-scores-14th-solo-number-one-album-XXV.html

41 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

How is that possible when Testament exists?

what can i say slayer's more my speed with how crazy they are.

i blew through the discography (surprisingly easy band to digest, lol)  and i find them a bit more consistant than testament across the board.

BUT.....testament is a close second.

Mick

19 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

what can i say slayer's more my speed with how crazy they are.

i blew through the discography (surprisingly easy band to digest, lol)  and i find them a bit more consistant than testament across the board.

BUT.....testament is a close second.

Mick

Slayer definitely has it over Testament up through Seasons In The Abyss. After that it's Testament all the way. Testament's run from The Gathering to now I like better than anything Slayer did.

16 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Slayer definitely has it over Testament up through Seasons In The Abyss. After that it's Testament all the way. Testament's run from The Gathering to now I like better than anything Slayer did.

i agree as far as modern albums go.  testament wins but yes i do thing 80's slayer kicks 80's Testament's ass.

Mick

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Too bad this was never a tour just so I could see the look on a Rush fans face while Lamb Of God played 😂

Me and you would likely be the only two at the front for both chanting every word 😂