Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

24 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Jimmy Eat World.

Had i not been obsessed with Steely Dan in the Early 2000's i might found these guys sooner.  i knew of them and had probably heard songs here and there.  However they never clicked in my brain i guess.

now probably a top ten band all time for me.

Mick

I adore them.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I would say go with Persistence Of Time. Easily the bands best album. Darker tone, serious lyrics, musically it's kind of progressive. Have you ever heard anything with John Bush on vocals? He's a much different vocalist than Joey Belladonna. More aggressive and emotional but also very melodic. Try the album Sound Of White Noise. That was the first album with Bush. They went the more traditional metal sounding route and tried to write something a little more appealing but it's still Anthrax. If you want something more aggressive with Bush on vocals try We've Come For You All.

Iirc Segue has a lot of love for 90s Metallica, so I think 90s Anthrax might be more what he would be into. So yes, Sound Of White Noise. For sure. Personally I haven't gone far past the 80s of Anthrax, Persistence Of Time is an absolute titan of a metal record. It will thrash your body and your mind.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Iirc Segue has a lot of love for 90s Metallica, so I think 90s Anthrax might be more what he would be into. So yes, Sound Of White Noise. For sure. Personally I haven't gone far past the 80s of Anthrax, Persistence Of Time is an absolute titan of a metal record. It will thrash your body and your mind.

There are fans who like Anthrax more with Bush. I can't say I blame them. He is a better all around vocalist than Belladonna. Joey is the better singer but John was much better at getting across the emotion of the song which added an element to the band that was lacking and helped the songs out immensely. Conveying emotion is something Joey only started to do on the last two Anthrax albums.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Testament

In Flames 

Rhapsody Of Fire 

Business as usual for me😂

The Halo Effect 

They are everything I love about In Flames and Dark Tranquillity (makes sense, the band are former members of both), and they are insanely catchy. 

Days Of The Lost is my current album of the year. It sounds like it could have been the follow up to In Flames Colony

Panic! At the Disco.

the new album is amazing.....off the wall.....diverse engaging.  the big takaway i have is twofold

1. Brandon cann SING HIS ASS OFF

2.  He apparently loves Elvis Costello cause he's all over this record.

My album of the year.  played it like 8 times in a day.

Mick

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

You know how sometimes you'll hear the name of a band and your reaction is "nah, I'm good" That's what I think whenever I hear the name Panic At The Disco 😄

Yeah I don’t really think they’d be your cup of tea. If you were to try though, the new album or Pretty Odd would be my recommendations. Everything else is probably too Hot Topic or billboard pop for your taste.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Panic! At the Disco.

the new album is amazing.....off the wall.....diverse engaging.  the big takaway i have is twofold

1. Brandon cann SING HIS ASS OFF

2.  He apparently loves Elvis Costello cause he's all over this record.

My album of the year.  played it like 8 times in a day.

Mick

Yeah the more I listen to it the more I actually do not understand criticisms of his singing on this record I’ve seen online. Like, it’s supposed to sound like that. That’s what rock and roll sounds like. These fans have been spoiled by too many pitch perfect digitally recorded pop albums to realize it apparently!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Yeah I don’t really think they’d be your cup of tea. If you were to try though, the new album or Pretty Odd would be my recommendations. Everything else is probably too Hot Topic or billboard pop for your taste.

NAH YYZ would loathe Brandon.  and it's ok......you can't like everything.

but this new album should have a sticker basically saying "here ya go, Mick"

lol.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

NAH YYZ would loathe Brandon.  and it's ok......you can't like everything.

but this new album should have a sticker basically saying "here ya go, Mick"

lol.

Mick

That is exactly how I feel about it. It honestly feels like Brendan knew it was my birthday just the other week and decided to record an album especially for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

You know how sometimes you'll hear the name of a band and your reaction is "nah, I'm good" That's what I think whenever I hear the name Panic At The Disco 😄

They aren't all that 😂

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

this last album is, lol

i like it way more than the last Jimmy.

Mick

Seriously. VLV in my mind has capitalized on every ounce of potential I’ve ever seen in Panic. I’ve had a lot of love for them in the past, but they seemed to be unwilling to go the extra mile and “pack up their **** with more than good hooks” on most albums. Just really euphoric pop most of the time. VLV brings the substance that was always bubbling underneath into full focus.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

They aren't all that 😂

Have you heard this band before? They're a mix of 80s goth and traditional metal. I heard this on Liquid Metal the other day and found it interesting.

• Like 2

I still have half the Viva Las Vengeance track list buzzing around my head at all times and I haven’t played it in days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I still have half the Viva Las Vengeance track list buzzing around my head at all times and I haven’t played it in days.

oh it's stil far and away my fav album of the year.

and i know i'l be back to it.

Mick

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Jimmy Eat World

REO Speedwagon

ELO

Coheed and Cambria

Mick

i still haven't listened to the newest two coheed albums, i listened to the singles for both albums leading up to their release and only liked one from each run, the rest i was very unsure about.. so i'm going to give it a pass. i don't think they've gone terribly downhill, but they're not putting out any songs now which they haven't done better in the past. i guess you can say their decline has been slow and steady. big fan of them for nearly two decades though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

i still haven't listened to the newest two coheed albums, i listened to the singles for both albums leading up to their release and only liked one from each run, the rest i was very unsure about.. so i'm going to give it a pass. i don't think they've gone terribly downhill, but they're not putting out any songs now which they haven't done better in the past. i guess you can say their decline has been slow and steady. big fan of them for nearly two decades though.

if i'm being honest for me every album after Good Apollo II (i love that one just as much as the first part) has been diminishing returns.  as you say nothing's bad after.  but i listen to the post Apollo albums just less and less with each passing one.

and the last 2 left zero impression on me. And I have heard both but with a gun to my head i coundn't tell you one tune from both, lol.

Mick

• Like 1

Made a shuffle able playlist this morning of all my favorite songs from each album from these 5 bands: FOB, MCR, Panic, Paramore, 21P

But really I'm just still obsessing over Panic, and Paramore is still bubbling under as well.

• Like 1

Machine Head 

For over a decade they were one of my favourite bands. Catharsis unfortunately tainted them for me, I thought they had lost their way, and spoiled the momentum of having four classic modern metal albums in a row with a confused, if messily enjoyable, dud.

Then Of Kingdom And Crown came out, took me a few spins, but my gosh I am dead excited for the Head again.

Take that as you will 😂