Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Coheed And Cambria, falling in love with them all over again for the umpteenth time.

Mr Not!

Are you writing this on purpose to bait me?

I have been a diehard Coheed Fan since the fuckking beginning.

Many on here hate this band.

Call them EMO.

I call BULLSHIT.

This band RULES!!!!

I flew to LA with the EX to see two Coheed shows when they did an album a night. And no....... don't make a joke. I didn't fly into LA EX. Get it??? LOL!

I'm an idiot. (inside joke)

Like what Myles says.

The prima donna of Bella Donna. The Stevie Nicks Witch with a Dick Bitch!!

"Stop Draggin My Heart Around!"

They were kind of emo on the first two albums, but not since. I don't think true 'emo' is a bad label anyway.

I've loved this band forever as well, I heard "The Suffering" on the radio in 2005 and I've been hooked ever since. They're one of the bands most responsible for me getting into music (on a more serious level) in general

• Like 1

Toto

Moose Blood

Emo bands of the nineties

toto......all right.

Mick

Have you tried them? They really pretty decent...not sure if they are your thing haha

• Like 1

Toto

Moose Blood

toto......all right.

Mick

Have you tried them? They really pretty decent...not sure if they are your thing haha

they made me vomit........kittens and puppies and rainbows

lol.

Mick

• Like 1

Toto

Moose Blood

toto......all right.

Mick

they made me vomit........kittens and puppies and rainbows

lol.

Mick

You don't understand black metal.

• Like 1

Paradise Lost

The Gathering

Brand New

Thrice

Sonata Arctica

AFI

Moose Blood

Yeah...it's not that dissimilar to my play list ten years ago haha

• Like 1

Lou Reed. All the good, bad and awful.

I enjoyed the bejeezus out of "New York" when it came out way-back-when. Excellent live show too - great band.

Lou was a pretty sassy presence. He had an ashtray as part of his stage set, and enjoyed a few cigarettes throughout the show.

Despite the presence of the ashtray, and a large plywood sheet that the band was set up on, Lou preferred to use the hall's new wooden floor as his ashtray, and went out of his way to grind his butts out on the new stage.

Damn good album. Musically and lyrically strong.

"Love", but specifically Forever Changes. The early ones have their moments, but this one is something else entirely.

Equal parts cloying and dark, the lyrics are smart, and smartly sung. Arthur Lee is an interesting singer, in terms of the timbres he chooses to use, as well as his phrasing. The arrangements are well-thought out, although I'm not terribly excited about horns and strings in rock.

I quite enjoy listening to it at this time of year. Perfect Autumn music.

There is a live version from Glastonbury 2003 that's pretty sweet, and a great "You Set the Scene" on Jools Holland's show.

I find this darker, despite the orchestrations, and lyrically more interesting than the Doors :finbar:

"There's a bluebird sitting on a branch.

I guess I'll take my pistol.

I've got it in my hand

Because he's on my land."

• Like 2

"Love", but specifically Forever Changes. The early ones have their moments, but this one is something else entirely.

Equal parts cloying and dark, the lyrics are smart, and smartly sung. Arthur Lee is an interesting singer, in terms of the timbres he chooses to use, as well as his phrasing. The arrangements are well-thought out, although I'm not terribly excited about horns and strings in rock.

I quite enjoy listening to it at this time of year. Perfect Autumn music.

There is a live version from Glastonbury 2003 that's pretty sweet, and a great "You Set the Scene" on Jools Holland's show.

I find this darker, despite the orchestrations, and lyrically more interesting than the Doors :finbar:

"There's a bluebird sitting on a branch.

I guess I'll take my pistol.

I've got it in my hand

Because he's on my land."

I love Love.

• Like 1