Time Signature on "The Trees"

matthewpartrick

Anyone help me out with the time signature on "the Trees." Specifically at 3:50-4:00. Goes into what sounds like 9/8 maybe during the instrumental break during that ten seconds. Anyone out there more geek time-signature oriented would be of great help, as I do listen to some of these passages to help me learn about alternate time in general.

Thanks

Matthew

Edited by matthewpartrick

It is 4 bars of 5/4 time. One bar almost sounds like 9/8 because of where the accents are, but it's straight 5/4 time. Hope this helps. I actually used to play this song in a band. haha Edited by presto123

Just make sure it's an authentic time signature. There are a lot of fakes out there.

What does this even mean? You mean the site that breaks it down? I guess you are just saying that people post inaccurate info. Still wondering what an "authentic time signature" is. haha

Edited by presto123

Just make sure it's an authentic time signature. There are a lot of fakes out there.

What does this even mean? You mean the site that breaks it down? I guess you are just saying that people post inaccurate info. Still wondering what an "authentic time signature" is. haha

Just punnin'

• Like 1

I took Toymaker's post to be a take-off on the TrueRushFan thread and thought he meant it as a joke.

• Like 1

I took Toymaker's post to be a take-off on the TrueRushFan thread and thought he meant it as a joke.

Oops...sorry. I haven't even been in that thread.

Oops...sorry. I haven't even been in that thread.

I don't know if that's how he meant it, but that's how i took it. :)

And you don't know what you are missing by not reading that thread. :) Just as well too. :unsure:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

There was a discussion a while back about how to tell if the band member's signatures are authentic or not if you purchase a signed whatever on eBay. Was that in the trueRushfan thread?