Buying celebrity-line products

Lost In Xanadu

How do you feel about purchasing celebrity endorsed products?

I bought a Foreman Grill and have liked it, but I did not buy it because of George Foreman.... but I seem to see most of the stuff as overpriced and lower quality so I find myself steering away from it.

This weekend, our sheets finally gave out and we went to Kohl's to find a new set (had Kohl's cash, a 20% coupon and a giftcard)

My wife wanted a purple color, and found some she really liked. 525 thread count on sale for $99 (originally $200). We kept looking and there was a purple Jennifer Lopez 600 thread count set on sale for $89 (originally $180). After all discounts applied, we got the sheet set for just over $30 after tax! It was funny because we walked right past the JLo collection at first because of the celebrity endorsement, but ended up buying them despite being part of the "JLo line"

Edited by Lost In Xanadu

Thanks for letting me know about the J Lo sheets! I know what I'm getting today... I can even pay for it using my Kardashian debit card!

:dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez: :dweez:

Celebrities mean nothing to me so their endorsements usually mean nothing as well. The exception might be if the person is an expert in whatever they are endorsing, say, Neil deGrasse Tyson endorsing a telescope.
  • Like 3

Hmm...for me, a celebrity (regardless of whether I liked them or not) endorsing a product outside of their talent/skill would have a neutral effect OR a negative one.

Example:

Tom Hanks endorsing a deep fryer would have no effect on me purchasing it. However, if Justin Bieber were endorsing the same deep fryer, it's possible I'd stay away from that brand for the rest of my life.

BUT I bet if Geddy Lee were endorsing it, a bunch of TRF crazies would buy 3 or 4 of them JUST because Dirk's face is on the box! :LOL:

• Like 6

My John Petrucci signature model Music Man guitar is pretty sweet. :LOL:

A musical instrument co-designed and endorsed by a musician with immense talent at said instrument means a lot more to me than a perfume endorsed by a "celebrity" whose only talents are having the good fortune of being born into a rich family and having a huge ass.

• Like 8

My John Petrucci signature model Music Man guitar is pretty sweet. :LOL:

A musical instrument co-designed and endorsed by a musician with immense talent at said instrument means a lot more to me than a perfume endorsed by a "celebrity" whose only talents are having the good fortune of being born into a rich family and having a huge ass.

:LOL:

"It's truly to bring out the inner rock star in your dog." - :facepalm:

I disagree, respectfully Mr. Bret................It's about MONEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9vFyWX1Kto

• Like 1

"It's truly to bring out the inner rock star in your dog." - :facepalm:

I disagree, respectfully Mr. Bret................It's about MONEY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9vFyWX1Kto

Sometimes the money grab is too much ! Bret Michaels and Dan Ackroyd both made appearances here a few years ago for their products. Bret Michaels at PetSmart- didn't have to buy anything and the line was out the door. Dan Ackroyd- you had to buy a 100.00 dollar bottle of his vodka to see him and the line was still out the door!

I love slim jims

http://groomsadvice.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Macho_Man.jpg

Snap

My best friend headed back home to MI yesterday after a week here. One day we were picking up a few snacks at a local market. He passed a Slim Jim's display and said, "grab a couple of those." I immediately go into Macho Man mode, saying, "Snap into a Slim Jim, oh yeah!" He busts out laughing,

• Like 1