What's the weather like right now?

jamie

I do have to say that coming from California, where we get no rain from approx. the end of May to the end of October, it's weird to hear about summer rain showers in other places!

I do have to say that coming from California, where we get no rain from approx. the end of May to the end of October, it's weird to hear about summer rain showers in other places!

The only time I haven't had summer showers/thunderstorms was during my 4 years in Portland (OR).

It's only 84°F right now, but the humidity is 82%, so it feels like 94°F. There's an excessive heat warning in the area, with a high of 92°F (feels like 110°F) and showers later on. I hope the graduation party I'm going to (yes, THAT party, :sigh:) is indoors. I love summer, but this is ridiculous. Screw you, New Jersey humidity.
  • Like 1

It's only 84°F right now, but the humidity is 82%, so it feels like 94°F. There's an excessive heat warning in the area, with a high of 92°F (feels like 110°F) and showers later on. I hope the graduation party I'm going to (yes, THAT party, :sigh:) is indoors. I love summer, but this is ridiculous. Screw you, New Jersey humidity.

I recall very vividly waiting in Port Authority for the bus in the middle of summer. It was like a steam-bath. My scalp would actually sweat.

I don't miss the hazy, hot and humid New Jersey summers at all. I also recall down the shore the sand being so hot you couldn't even walk on it barefoot, and the bay or ocean water being so tepid it was anything but refreshing.

At least here where I now live we have low humidity which makes sleeping at night bearable since the temps go down at least 30 degrees at night here. Don't even need an air conditioner. A window fan that pulls in the night air works like a charm. :)

Edited by Lorraine

Hot and humid, with big, deep grey clouds in most of the sky- but the beating sun keeps coming through, too. And the wind is picking up. Feels like a big fan inside a sauna.

Overcast, 79° (real feel 92°) humidity 90% YUCK!!! AC on absolutely!!!

Dark and rainy

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20semiphor.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Humidity went back down to 10% today. I feel like a potato chip when it's that low.

Are your nasal passages sore? If so, buy yourself some saline nasal spray.

I have a saline rinse bottle and some saline spray. Have to use it a lot when it's this dry.

Sunny, 81°F 64% Humidity...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/sign-bananahitit.gif

69°F sunny...Accuweather is not giving me the correct Humidity the last few days....to my face, [my barometer] it feels like it's in the high 70s.....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20dont%20know.gif

cloudy, 77° Humidity 78%, rain starting in 76 min. [according to AccuWeather] (77,78,76!)
  • Like 1