What's the weather like right now?

jamie

SNOW....coming to see me....Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday!   Could get over a foot of it when it's all done!  :ohmy:

Or maybe we'll get NUTHIN' like we've been getting almost all winter long.....  

• Like 2

The storm finally arrived, we got 16 inches!  Spent 2 hours digging out the driveway and steps.  Haven't had this much snow in 3 or 4 years.  Two smaller storms on tap for the weekend. Water for the Great Salt Lake just in time.  Now I hope we don't have a warm April or we may have a river down State Street again :huh:

• Like 1

Cold AF. The weather guessers screwed the pooch yesterday and predicted anywhere from half an inch to "maybe" one inch. Final official total, 10.8. Now it's going to be in the teens for next two nights and the roads will be sheets of ice on the way to work. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

Wave after wave of flurries, but mostly corn snow with no real accumulation here in the foothills.  Six inches predicted overnight, so I guess we'll see...

Feels very cold.

19 hours ago, Rhyta said:

The storm finally arrived, we got 16 inches!  Spent 2 hours digging out the driveway and steps.  Haven't had this much snow in 3 or 4 years.  Two smaller storms on tap for the weekend. Water for the Great Salt Lake just in time.  Now I hope we don't have a warm April or we may have a river down State Street again :huh:

This storm of ours has been wild! I heard we got more snow out of this one storm than we did in all of 2021!

We're gonna have a bunch of improved lake/reservoir water levels this year, that's for sure!!

Rain, rain and more rain.....washing away all that snow we got a few days ago.  I like it!  :thumbsup:

It is going to snow from early this evening until....

5-8 inches of cold sky dandruff.

Charging up the snow thrower.

Hasn't really snowed all that much this winter here. Been spoiled - but that is all about to change.. Wah! :fistscrying:

It's been snow, snow and more snow.  The piles around the house are now are over 5 feet high, and I've had to dig paths just to get around the house.

Drought's over, folks

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 11:49 AM, goose said:

It's been snow, snow and more snow.  The piles around the house are now are over 5 feet high, and I've had to dig paths just to get around the house.

Drought's over, folks

Good news on the drought front!

Not so good with the shoveling requirements. Be Safe!

• Like 1

Flooding predicted as rain begins to fall on deep snow in the Sierras.  I sandbagged today, and moved some snow piles to create drainage channels.  I've kept our blocks gutters snow-free, so that should help.

I am not making a snow angel.   I'm just SICK AND TIRED OF THIS GAWD-DAMMED SNOW!!   :rage:

ZfRVP2d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I hear ya^^^

Well ... the deer z are camping out in my yard, officially! The Wolves and even the Yotes are feasting elsewhere.

The snow is too difficult to navigate and there are few remnants of edible food.

The township discourages feeding the wild animals (Understandable)

Could be a tough go for a bit!

On a good note, the thaw has begun.

Amen

• Like 2

:sundog::sundog::sundog:

And this morning I'm off to walk the beaches at Washoe Lake!

Assuming of course that the Lake hasn't risen so high as to eliminate the beach.  :tongue:

Happy [The subsolar point leaves the Southern Hemisphere and crosses the celestial equator, heading northward as seen from Earth] First Day of Spring!  

spring-blooms-hyacinth.jpg

• Like 4

A light, spring snow shower.  So, after a long hike I built a fire and sat outside with the wife and dog and took it in.  Very peaceful

• Like 2