What's the weather like right now?

jamie

8 hours ago, Principled Man said:

It's 7 am, it's still dark out, the temp is 1° and I'm going out to shovel snow. 

Why?  Because the temp will be falling all day....down to -8°..... :doh:

Makes sense to me...was shoveling some snow yesterday while it was warm (in the 30's, quiet balmy) since another storm was supposed to drop a couple more inches last night.  Sun is out now and a lovely 29 degrees. :yes:

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Sun is out now and a lovely 29 degrees. :yes:

I am GREEN WITH ENVY!  

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 2:07 AM, Steevo said:

Ultra humid, the tropics are back

Brag, brag, brag! 

I won't say how many times I shovelled today, or how the windchill factor made the three outings feel very, very cold. But I feel for the other winter folks.

The days are getting longer but winter is settling in to stay for quite a while.

• Like 2

A Blizzard just started here a few hours ago. Not much snow yet but wind gusts up to 70mph and the snow is supposed to get worse as the day goes on. There's already been a travel ban in the area. Everything is closed. Even the local grocery stores are closing early today. This supposed to last for the whole weekend. Up to three feet of snow is expected for the heavier hit areas.

• Like 1

Poor guy from CNN….standing outside in whiteout conditions in Buffalo, NY,….and getting almost blown over. 

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

Poor guy from CNN….standing outside in whiteout conditions in Buffalo, NY,….and getting almost blown over. 

The wind has been howling and rattling houses all day here. Literally nobody has left their house in my neighborhood. Weather like this is no joke and it's not worth being outside just so a reporter can get a story. It's negative 30 out there with the wind chill.

• Like 1

Seeing what I see here I won't bitch about 7 degrees and frozen rain. I drove the Explorer to work and it looks like it had a hose turned on it in frozen weather. Might have a silver thaw. Thank God for wood heat.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Shocked that it's bright, sunny, 79°.  Cold snap hasn't hit, probably not until tomorrow a.m.

Bright and sunny again, but as I type this it's 46°.  Broke out the space heaters, the jeans and long sleeved tops.  No, this is not odd, we get 2 or 3 cold snaps a year here.  But I'll bet the folks who make it down from The Great White North for vaca will be PISSED!   No worries,  back to shorts and t-shirts by NYE.

First day of a high in the 70s in more than a month on Christmas Eve.  So nice to go out in shorts and flip flops to eat lunch nearby for once.

Also get to show my MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMAL tee in public to spread goodwill. :laugh:  Wore it at work yesterday since it was Christmas shirt day for employees.

• Like 1

The blizzard has passed here but there is a lot of snow still on the ground. The snow drifts have piled up over the front of everyone's porch. The snow piles in the backyards are at least four feet high and going up over the fences. Even one of my neighbors trees is leaning over the fence into my yard because the snow toppled it over. The snow is too high for either of us to go over a release the tree. It's one of those evergreen Christmas style trees so at least it's not a big wooden one. The street has two feet of snow on it. Who knows when it will be plowed?

The city is using front loaders to pick up the snow. My brother told me that he heard somebody actually stoled one. How stupid is that? I'm pretty sure you need to be trained to operate one of those things. Plus, it wouldn't be too hard to track one of those down if it turned up missing. People are so f***in stupid.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Sun is out, and so am I, while fighting a nasty cold I've had since Christmas Eve.  Spent half an hour sitting in the sun and hacking  my chest off.  BLEAH!  71° currently.

I feel bad for the people in California right now. :sad:

But I had to share this because I've never seen this happen. The web camera that shows the snow stake at Snow Basin in the mountains just above me was buried last night.

Scroll to the bottom to see the Snow Stake Timelapse and hit the play arrow at the bottom. It will show you the last 24 hours. 

https://www.snowbasin.com/the-mountain/web-cams/?gclid=CjwKCAiA2fmdBhBpEiwA4CcHzR-Pu3AFzarYsHs1we2D90qwcLWevYxTS0cRjn-DNTOzKoZrgvj2XBoCPzAQAvD_BwE

These California storms that have been coming in are warmer so we've been getting a rain/snow mix in the valley but a TON of snow in the mountains. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, workingcinderellaman said:

I feel bad for the people in California right now. :sad:

But I had to share this because I've never seen this happen. The web camera that shows the snow stake at Snow Basin in the mountains just above me was buried last night.

Scroll to the bottom to see the Snow Stake Timelapse and hit the play arrow at the bottom. It will show you the last 24 hours. 

https://www.snowbasin.com/the-mountain/web-cams/?gclid=CjwKCAiA2fmdBhBpEiwA4CcHzR-Pu3AFzarYsHs1we2D90qwcLWevYxTS0cRjn-DNTOzKoZrgvj2XBoCPzAQAvD_BwE

These California storms that have been coming in are warmer so we've been getting a rain/snow mix in the valley but a TON of snow in the mountains. 

It's been crazy! We used to live near Steamboat Springs, CO and the snow totals have been crazy there so far this winter as well.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 2:01 AM, blueschica said:

It's been crazy! We used to live near Steamboat Springs, CO and the snow totals have been crazy there so far this winter as well.

Are you going to go crazy travel over there and strip off naked and roll in it for a few hours? :smoke:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

Are you going to go crazy travel over there and strip off naked and roll in it for a few hours? :smoke:

I'm getting a little too slow for that kind of crazy! The neighbors would call each other for an old broad alert!  :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1