What's the weather like right now?

jamie

DFW was simply perfect today. High of 65 with mild S winds. High wispy clouds to help filter the still strong TX sun, and which made for a spectacular sunset. I had the privilege of driving out into the hinterlands to make a delivery and witness it in all its glory. 

After a gray Thursday of rain turning to sleet turning to snow, I forced open a frozen front door to be greeted by a white lawn and bluebird skies.  Made for a gorgeous hike with the dog, following deer tracks through the forest and meadows.

Life is good

• Like 2

A storm came through over the weekend dropping 4-18" locally and 36-48" up at Tahoe.  Blue skies today made for a beautiful hike :7up:

The snow was heavy, which will make for a great base at the ski hills, but in town the tree limbs are sagging under the weight

Clear, sunny and cold.  The low temps will keep the snow on the foothills, which makes for gorgeous views.  Crossed paths with a beautiful 4x4 buck on the morning hike, which is always a fun surprise

On 12/13/2022 at 10:55 AM, goose said:

Clear, sunny and cold.  The low temps will keep the snow on the foothills, which makes for gorgeous views.  Crossed paths with a beautiful 4x4 buck on the morning hike, which is always a fun surprise

How much base is Heavenly posting right now? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, workingcinderellaman said:

How much base is Heavenly posting right now? 

43 inches in the past seven days, with a 59 inch base!  I haven't been up yet, but a buddy went Monday and said it was epic.  :d13:

https://www.skiheavenly.com/the-mountain/mountain-conditions/snow-and-weather-report.aspx

• Like 1

Very nice scenery, but two inches of the wettest snow/slush ever were not fun to shovel.  Even our snow blowers went on strike.....

g27CrgK.jpg

• Like 3

Weather is cold, getting serious, going to be around 12 degrees at night and up to only 22 during the day for at least 4 days.  A good 6 inches of snow on the ground, it does look like Christmas :wink:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, goose said:

43 inches in the past seven days, with a 59 inch base!  I haven't been up yet, but a buddy went Monday and said it was epic.  :d13:

https://www.skiheavenly.com/the-mountain/mountain-conditions/snow-and-weather-report.aspx

Basin is reporting a 63 inch base. I got new skis this year but I've been using my old skis up until now. I'm trying them out for the first time today!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Very nice scenery, but two inches of the wettest snow/slush ever were not fun to shovel.  Even our snow blowers went on strike.....

g27CrgK.jpg

That's nice. I looks like the scene in A Christmas Carol when they go back to Ebenezer's youth. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chicken hawk said:

People here in Maine are still out of power from the recent storm....bracing up again for a very windy and rain storm this friday.     45-50 MPH winds.        Should damper late minute shoppers.  

:wave:

I am wishing that you get power back soon!

• Like 1

It's 7 am, it's still dark out, the temp is 1° and I'm going out to shovel snow. 

Why?  Because the temp will be falling all day....down to -8°..... :doh: