What's the weather like right now?

jamie

Beautiful fall days, leaves changed and will be falling before long.  70's during the day and 50's at night, perfect just wish it would last.  Went to a football game Saturday night and only needed a hoodie due to a slight wind.  Loving it.

• Like 3

On 10/16/2022 at 5:47 AM, Tinwoodsman said:

Second killer frost on the pumpkin this morning  

After a long run of low 80's, we'll finally get winter-ish weather this weekend, down into the low 20s.  

4 hours ago, goose said:

After a long run of low 80's, we'll finally get winter-ish weather this weekend, down into the low 20s.  

Ouch! Radical change! Welp, I'm going hunting for an overnighter tomorrow. We're expecting some rain and 10 cm of snow. It should be a blast!

• Like 2

,Friday was a lovely day, got to see my nephew get married.  70's with light puffy clouds in the sky.  Saturday hit us with 40's,  wind and rain. Bam, that's the end of fall.  Cold tonight and parts of the state will see the first hard frost.  Might get back to the 50's during the day by weeks end.  It was good to get the rain and some ski resorts got more than a foot of snow.  Let's hope the Farmer's Almanac is right and we have a wetter year, sure can use it.

• Like 2

Western Wisconsin.  October 31st.  :sundog: and 65 degrees!

:sundog: and low to mid 70’s for the next few days!

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

More snow, and a visit from a mama bear and cubs!  Shoveling the walk this AM, I found their tracks that led right to my neighbor's  garbage can with the week's waste strewn about.  :laugh:

Pro tip:  In bear country put your cans out in the morning, not the night before  :tongue:

• Like 2

Aside from steady rain yesterday, Tropical Storm Nicole had little impact in my neighborhood.  Dodged another bullet.  Friends on Gulf Coast may not be as fortunate today.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Aside from steady rain yesterday, Tropical Storm Nicole had little impact in my neighborhood.  Dodged another bullet.  Friends on Gulf Coast may not be as fortunate today.

Good to hear that it missed you!

• Like 1

First snow of the season is hitting the area starting tonight through Sunday. They're calling for a couple of feet before it's all done.

HOLY CRAP!

Just as I'm typing this there was a burst of thunder and lightning in the middle of this snow storm. THUNDER SNOW!

17 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

First snow of the season is hitting the area starting tonight through Sunday. They're calling for a couple of feet before it's all done.

HOLY CRAP!

Just as I'm typing this there was a burst of thunder and lightning in the middle of this snow storm. THUNDER SNOW!

Watching this chit on TWC.  Stay safe!

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Watching this chit on TWC.  Stay safe!

So far it hasn't hit the part of the city I live in. We got a few inches last night while I was typing but not much else. The snow band has settled over the south side of the city and extends down through the suburbs down there. That happens a lot with these lake effect snow storms. That area gets slammed really hard a lot of the time since the more wide open part of lake Erie is next to it. The band is supposed to move back up towards me during the overnight and settle here for a bit. We'll see what happens since even the weather people can't truly predict what snow bands like this will do.

3 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

So far it hasn't hit the part of the city I live in. We got a few inches last night while I was typing but not much else. The snow band has settled over the south side of the city and extends down through the suburbs down there. That happens a lot with these lake effect snow storms. That area gets slammed really hard a lot of the time since the more wide open part of lake Erie is next to it. The band is supposed to move back up towards me during the overnight and settle here for a bit. We'll see what happens since even the weather people can't truly predict what snow bands like this will do.

I get that-Karen's family was from Houghton and Keewenaw Counties of Upper Michigan,  "the rabbit's ear", surrounded by Lake Superior on 3 sides, and home of the Keewenaw Snow Thermometer (link below). It can get hairy up there, too. I shudder to think what would happen if that mess were to backtrack and become a Noreaster- jeez.  Again, stay safe, and if your a Bills fan, enjoy the sights of Ford Field.

https://www.pasty.com/snow/