What's the weather like right now?

jamie

Same here, windy and rainy in the am, turning to snow tonight. Looks like February..keep it coming we need that water in the mountains!

25F, but clear and sunny. No wind yet. The cold snap will hammer the budding fruit trees, lilacs, and any annuals that folks have planted. But on the upside it should kill off the elm beetles that were such a nuisance last year.

After teasing us with sunny skies and 60° temps, Mother Nature is punishing us with another week of cold, windy days. :(

Actually hit 70 out here in the woods yesterday. I was outside all weekend. Back to rain again and 50ish. Oh well...

On 5/6/2022 at 8:36 AM, goose said:

We had highs in the uppers 70s Wednesday.  Sunday's high will be in the 40s.

Happy Mothers Day!  :lol:

Sunday was snow flurries and high winds all day.  Woke up today to a dusting of snow on the ground.  

Beautiful clear blue skies with mild-to-moderate winds blowing in from the Southeast and a temperature of 68 degrees. What we call "Chamber of Commerce" weather.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:41 PM, goose said:

Sunday was snow flurries and high winds all day.  Woke up today to a dusting of snow on the ground.  

And tomorrow it will be in the 80s.  

NorNev spring:  Don't like the weather?  Wait 15 minutes.

In the middle of a two day surreal rain event. Seeding barely started; could be a decent year on the Prairie grainbelt. I'm stranded on a sandbar,  stuck in my tracks like a streetcar ... la la la la la la ... just payin' for my sins on earth

Back to sunny and warm after all the rain and storming.  We got a loooong rain, continuous from 630 Friday morning to 100 pm Saturday.  Sometimes a mist, sometimes hard, but not the engulfing, road covering floods they hadi n MyJamMe and south Dade County. It merely stopped yesterday and the sun came out.  Had to get to the store earlier today, stock up on food from living out of the freezer Friday and Saturday.  Settled in, ready for an afternoon of college baseball,Indy on Belle Isle, and Rangers v Bolts.

Edited by pjbear05

Hail yeah?  ... not really required ,  ahem, but the crops are in round here. We have some sketchy clouds  today ... pea sized hail so far. It wasn't hot enough to fkup all the hard work. I'm enjoying  the banter of the birdies, playing geetar and sipping some whiskey today /hoping other TRFers are also, or at least enjoying a reasonable facsimile and fair weather!

Edited by Tinwoodsman
  • Like 1

It is hot and windy 96, not a great combination with everything so dry.  We actually hit a record high yesterday 98 but sad to say that is slightly better than last year where we already had 3 days in early June above 100!

Small storm coming in tomorrow, will be in the 60's for a respite.  :smile:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

It is hot and windy 96, not a great combination with everything so dry.  We actually hit a record high yesterday 98 but sad to say that is slightly better than last year where we already had 3 days in early June above 100!

Small storm coming in tomorrow, will be in the 60's for a respite.  :smile:

You guys have been having an amazing heat wave!  I'm glad you are getting a break tomorrow.  I was amazed to read an article the other day that said the Great Salt Lake has shrunk by 2/3.  The photos were amazing and scary.  When we lived there in the early 90s, the lake had just receded after many years of being high.  They were just reopening things like Antelope Island and the Spiral Jetty that had been underwater.  It is scary that it is so far down. 

• Like 1

Hotter than Satan's balls sack (so I'm told anyway . . .).

Real temps: 93-96ish, "feels like" 103-108 for the next three days. And it's not a dry heat, mind you, it's a wet, heavy heat. 

So naturally I'm off to play some golf . . .

• Like 2

On 6/12/2022 at 7:59 PM, blueschica said:

You guys have been having an amazing heat wave!  I'm glad you are getting a break tomorrow.  I was amazed to read an article the other day that said the Great Salt Lake has shrunk by 2/3.  The photos were amazing and scary.  When we lived there in the early 90s, the lake had just receded after many years of being high.  They were just reopening things like Antelope Island and the Spiral Jetty that had been underwater.  It is scary that it is so far down. 

Yes those aerial photos are alarming but as usual our doofus Legislators think they can pretend it will go away or better yet decide to build a pipeline from the Pacific Ocean to bring water to the GSL...we need something better or we are in trouble.  I figure on windy days I am going to be wearing a mask again this time outdoors.  With all the nasty chemicals that may now be stirred up from the lake bed, it's going to be less than healthy to breathe...:ohmy:

We did get the rain and it is a lovely 66 degrees tonight, going to enjoy it since we will be in the high 90's by Thursday. :sigh:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Sunny and upper 90's today, with strong storms coming in overnight. 

They're already talking about possible tornadoes.   :ohmy:  

On 6/14/2022 at 5:56 PM, Principled Man said:

Sunny and upper 90's today, with strong storms coming in overnight. 

They're already talking about possible tornadoes.   :ohmy:  

Hey, I saw there were several tornados in WI; everything okay near you?

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

Hey, I saw there were several tornados in WI; everything okay near you?

All good here.  At least one tornado hit near Tomah, 30-40 miles east of me.  No injuries, but a lot of damage.  

The La Crosse area hardly ever sees a tornado.  It’s probably a result of the river and the bluffs. Dangerous storms almost always break up and go around us.   

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1