What's the weather like right now?

jamie

A record here in Charlotte apparently. Snow for 3 weekends in a row. Now it's sunny and 29 outside.

Being from NY previously, I can appreciate what my distant neighbors in the Northeast are enduring today. Charlotte snow is a dusting, and ice for a day or 2, unlike - relentless 2 inches an hour. I remember.

Be safe everyone.

8 straight days without rain. Sadly very cold tho (for here).

Going to the coast to do some razor clam digging today. Supposed to be partly sunny and 50 over there. Glad they opened it today because rain is rolling in late tonight.

Powercuts are great fun of course, but I`m wondering if they`ll start to lose their charm if they happen every time the wind gets silly. Still, better to have no electricity in Scotland than everything working in England ;)

HUGE snowstorm in Indiana/Kentucky starting tomorrow PM.....and my niece and her boyfriend are planning on driving right into it. She’s moving from Wisconsin to his home in Knoxville, Tennessee. The U-Haul is almost all loaded up.

They’re driving from Eau Claire to Rockford, IL to Indianapolis to Louisville to Knoxville. A 3-day drive, as she will have two cats in her car. They’re planning on staying in a hotel in Rockford and Louisville.....assuming that they get there alive.

Edited by Principled Man

Still minus 40 windchill

Minus 40 is minus 40 regardless of calculation methods on the Prairie

The deer were on the run yesterday looking for meadows that dont exist after a major purge of small tree stands and sloughs last autumn.

The groundhog was evicted and moved to Manitoba where his job will be easier because they always have 6 months of winter, 3 months of mud and mosquitoes and noone knows what the hell they do in other three months.

The last 24 hrs have brought DFW rain, freezing rain, sleet, and this morning the most beautiful light airy snow imaginable here. Huge flakes blowing and floating on the wind. So dry it's blowing off the roofs and piling up in corners. A rare treat down here where heavy wet snow dominates. Chili in the crock pot and plenty of warming spirits to pass the day off. :drool: I foresee an afternoon nap. :zzz:

Still minus 40 windchill

The deer were on the run yesterday looking for meadows that dont exist after a major purge of small tree stands and sloughs last autumn.

The groundhog was evicted and moved to Manitoba where his job will be easier because they always have 6 months of winter, 3 months of mud and mosquitoes and noone knows what the hell they do in other three months.

Dang, that's cold. I remember a -30F day in Spokane when it hurt to breath waiting for the bus. Don't miss that.
  • Like 1

Still minus 40 windchill

Dang, that's cold. I remember a -30F day in Spokane when it hurt to breath waiting for the bus. Don't miss that.

Minus 30 is no picnic either. Supposedly, a warming trend is on it's way here. The cold weather wears one down, and machinery keeps breaking down as well. The duty cycle protocol handbook has been stained via impromptu coffee breaks.

The animals are stressed. Yesterday,there were 4 horses running down the highway near town. Today, we saw dozens of deer and several coyotes out in the harvested fields where the snow wasn't as deep. The weather is so extreme and unpredictable. Hang in there Goose!

Some relief up on the western shore of Lake Superior.

The nights have been -30 for so long (debate the difference between Fahrenheit and Celsius, with a bit of wind, hardly much difference) I just dreaded looking at the thermometer holding a cup of coffee every morning.

But chilly, yes, and now expecting some relief for a week or so.

There is a Dog!!!

• Like 1

Mild with fog, awaiting FREEZING RAIN OF DEATH.

ditto. fing miserable.

FREEZING RAIN OF DEATH! ...still waiting.

oh yes...an icy crust over the land and trees. Hope power stays on.

Still minus 40 windchill

Minus 30 is no picnic either. Supposedly, a warming trend is on it's way here. The cold weather wears one down, and machinery keeps breaking down as well. The duty cycle protocol handbook has been stained via impromptu coffee breaks.

The animals are stressed. Yesterday,there were 4 horses running down the highway near town. Today, we saw dozens of deer and several coyotes out in the harvested fields where the snow wasn't as deep. The weather is so extreme and unpredictable. Hang in there Goose!

Well, it'll be sunny and 50F today here. I'll be golfing with friends
  • Like 2

It's freezing rain and sleet and most likely preventing me from getting to see Bruce Dickinson tonight - I just needed ONE SINGLE DAY of non-weather in this winter. ONE.SINGLE.DAY.

Still minus 40 windchill

Winter of '68 in Spokane. 2 1/2 feet of snow followed by -23 temps not counting the wind chill. The good news was that school was close for almost 2 weeks and I went to see Yellow Submarine at the local theater cuz no school the next day.

It's freezing rain and sleet and most likely preventing me from getting to see Bruce Dickinson tonight - I just needed ONE SINGLE DAY of non-weather in this winter. ONE.SINGLE.DAY.

I hope you made it!

Did a white knuckler to see Sabbath in Saskatoon April 18, 2014 and Ozzy said "I cant believe you all fukin made it heeere!"

It was a stand up crowd for the whole show.

• Like 1

I hope you made it!

Did a white knuckler to see Sabbath in Saskatoon April 18, 2014 and Ozzy said "I cant believe you all fukin made it heeere!"

It was a stand up crowd for the whole show.

sadly, I did not. But from all the weather and traffic reports I heard last night, it's a good thing I didn't go out. The sleet and freezing rain continued a good part of the night and it would have been very icy driving home later.

Great story about Ozzy!

• Like 1

It warmed up over night BUT the worrrrrykkk never ends. It snowed last night until the cows came aaaannnd now we have to shovel shit and snow. It was groundhog day back a bit, so today is new old day just like the movie. Job of the day=Thaw the septic system yay! Stay safe and warm and see you crazy bastages in the funny Papers!