What's the weather like right now?

jamie

89 degrees w/40% humidity. current feel like 95 = ew!

and will be like this and hotter until Thursday

Is this it? Is it official? Are we all finally in hell? :fury:

Thank god for AC! and for the undercut i had done on my hair yesterday!

• Like 2

giphy.gif

It was about 66 today, and I was outside and it was plenty hot enough for me. Seriously, it was one of the reasons I moved to Scotland and I guess I`ll just keep moving North if it keeps getting hotter :D
  • Like 3

Low 90's. But next week at this time the temps for today will be cool. We are supposed to have a week of triple digits - two days near 108; the rest hovering around 105.

It is 87 and that feels cool compared to the 100+ days we had 10 days ago. We too hit a record 107 in the second week of June. Several local towns are banning fireworks for the 4th and 24th. As of today I believe we have 5 wildfires in the State. Some nights the wind shifts and you can smell the smoke. Lately it has been 60's at night which helps cool the house down with just fans. The cooler is so noisy, it is nice to have it off to sleep. But that isn't going to last, high 90's are coming end of the week.

• Like 3

Low 90's. But next week at this time the temps for today will be cool. We are supposed to have a week of triple digits - two days near 108; the rest hovering around 105.

It is 87 and that feels cool compared to the 100+ days we had 10 days ago. We too hit a record 107 in the second week of June. Several local towns are banning fireworks for the 4th and 24th. As of today I believe we have 5 wildfires in the State. Some nights the wind shifts and you can smell the smoke. Lately it has been 60's at night which helps cool the house down with just fans. The cooler is so noisy, it is nice to have it off to sleep. But that isn't going to last, high 90's are coming end of the week.

You all have my sympathy. Sounds horrific :boo hiss:
  • Like 2

That's it, we're all moving to Scotland and setting up a yurt village in your back garden until October :madra: :) !
  • Like 2

111. That's about 36 degrees higher than the average high, utterly ridiculous. Probably hotter tomorrow.

Folks up your way don't commonly have A/C. 114 in Shelton predicted!
  • Like 1

giphy.gif

It was about 66 today, and I was outside and it was plenty hot enough for me. Seriously, it was one of the reasons I moved to Scotland and I guess I`ll just keep moving North if it keeps getting hotter :D

My ideal climate would be never under 20 or over 65.

We are supposed to have triple digits through July 1st - the hottest two days will be Tuesday and Wednesday. It's supposed to be 108.

Summer is my least favorite season. I do not like the heat. At all.

• Like 2

They should ban fireworks due to the irresponsibility of so many.

• Like 2

That's it, we're all moving to Scotland and setting up a yurt village in your back garden until October :madra: :) !

The beautiful thing about living in a Gothic farmhouse is the yurt-friendly land, large garden and plenty of private space, and there`s a bit of land I don`t know what to do with that could easily house some selected TRF climate refugees :fury: It`s 68 today, we went to Edinburgh where it was drizzling, but it`s sunny and lovely where I am with a gentle breeze. I just cannot imagine the 100+ temperatures - I`ve not had to try and live and work in that! Think I`d hide under a pile of coats.
  • Like 2

And let`s not forget their horrible cat-scaring noise. Hope yours is providing you with wonderful feline support :)
  • Like 3

I live in the woods next to the Canadian border... its 107 today. Supposed to be 116 tomorrow. The warehouse is gonna be absolutely miserable.

Been thinking about moving back to Alaska. I'm not made for this.

58 in Anchorage yesterday..............just sayin'. :D

And let`s not forget their horrible cat-scaring noise. Hope yours is providing you with wonderful feline support :)

She's a good cat except she howls often, especially at night after I go to bed (yes, she's spayed). We won't let her in the bedroom. I tried talking to her about it, but it didn't do any good. :)

Last night I had a lot of trouble sleeping and got up a lot. She was sleeping outside our bedroom door.

• Like 1

Currently 115 with a slight possibility it could creep up another degree or two. When I walked out of the building after work, it was windy and it felt like a blow dryer hitting me in the face and after just a few seconds, it was literally starting to feel uncomfortable or even painful around my eyes.

Currently 115 with a slight possibility it could creep up another degree or two. When I walked out of the building after work, it was windy and it felt like a blow dryer hitting me in the face and after just a few seconds, it was literally starting to feel uncomfortable or even painful around my eyes.

It is just like hitting a wall and it's not fun trying to move around. It just seems crazy the Northwest is hotter than Las Vegas. So far we are still getting in the low 70's at night so that helps cool the house down. Have to make sure we get the windows closed before 6 am.

Wish there was some storms on the horizon to blow this hot mess out of here. Today it was 95, positively cool compared to what you all are going through. Hang in there. :madra:

• Like 1

Bah, I'd just close my eyes and remember the good times in Iraq.

It's not a good sign when it is already 91 at 9:00 AM.

Supposed to be 110 today.

Yay

Crazy :wacko: Heard lots of places in Northwest are running out of air conditioners, fans. A friend who has a cattery in Portland is using an old method of keeping cool, freeze a block of ice and then stand it up in a pan in front of a fan. Says it helps a bit.

• Like 1

It's not a good sign when it is already 91 at 9:00 AM.

Supposed to be 110 today.

Yay

Crazy :wacko: Heard lots of places in Northwest are running out of air conditioners, fans. A friend who has a cattery in Portland is using an old method of keeping cool, freeze a block of ice and then stand it up in a pan in front of a fan. Says it helps a bit.

They ran out a few days ago. As soon as the people here got wind of what was in store for them, they bought all the stores out of their fan/air conditioner stock/

We tried the block of ice/fan bit in the 90s. It doesn't work.