What's the weather like right now?

jamie

Thin Hazy cloud cover, stiff breeze, 76° 55% humidity. Supposed to be showers later...cooling off after this front goes through more than this last week. supposed to be 84° to day, doesn't look like it's going to make it...only supposed to be 73° tomorrow...

http://i.imgur.com/ll8cAcx.gif

• Like 1

Thin Hazy cloud cover, stiff breeze, 76° 55% humidity. Supposed to be showers later...cooling off after this front goes through more than this last week. supposed to be 84° to day, doesn't look like it's going to make it...only supposed to be 73° tomorrow...

http://i.imgur.com/ll8cAcx.gif

We're supposed to be cooling off too after Thursday. Finally. I hope this is the end of our summer of in the 90's every day.

And, just for good measure, I washed my car today. :codger: The last time I washed it, it rained. Here's hoping my car washing will bring the rain again. We need it.

• Like 1

The fires are so bad and numerous out here that when we walk outside we get pelted by ash coming down. I'm not joking. And the smoke is so thick. It's awful, and being made worse by high winds. I understand that the fires are raging in Canada and Montana.

The fires are so bad and numerous out here that when we walk outside we get pelted by ash coming down. I'm not joking. And the smoke is so thick. It's awful, and being made worse by high winds. I understand that the fires are raging in Canada and Montana.

Wow. All those forests burning up... :(
  • Like 1

The air quality index is up to 245. It's hard to breathe outside because there are a lot of particles in the air that make you sneeze and cough.

• Like 1

The air quality index is up to 245. It's hard to breathe outside because there are a lot of particles in the air that make you sneeze and cough.

I have a friend that lives in Bend, Oregon and she's been posting pics on Facebook of the sky and how bad it is. My nephew also lives there out there. He's really been suffering a lot with his sinuses. Nasal irrigation with saline solution has been helping him.

• Like 1

http://khq.images.worldnow.com/images/11485754_G.jpg

:(

http://khq.images.worldnow.com/images/8608033_G.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

http://khq.images.worldnow.com/images/11485754_G.jpg

:(

http://khq.images.worldnow.com/images/8608033_G.jpg

Yeah looks really bad. Between the fires on the west coast, floods in the south and Irma coming from the east, I'm waiting for a polar bear invasion to come from the north.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

17 Celsius (62 Fahrenheit) and raining. The rain is welcome here, but the Interior of BC needs it more. There are now 160 fires burning in the province, some of them quite large. Lots of people have lost their homes. This is the worst wildfire season in history for us, and I understand there are also many fires in Montana. Last month we were in Oregon and it was so smoky there too. We need lots of rain everywhere. Sadly, the places where the hurricanes are are getting the rain and they don't need it!
  • Like 3

17 Celsius (62 Fahrenheit) and raining. The rain is welcome here, but the Interior of BC needs it more. There are now 160 fires burning in the province, some of them quite large. Lots of people have lost their homes. This is the worst wildfire season in history for us, and I understand there are also many fires in Montana. Last month we were in Oregon and it was so smoky there too. We need lots of rain everywhere. Sadly, the places where the hurricanes are are getting the rain and they don't need it!

A lot of that smoke is coming down my way. I'm only a hundred or so miles southeast from you. It's awful to lose your home and everything you own by fire. You can replace furniture and clothing and other stuff, but there are many items that cannot be replaced. I feel bad for the forest animals too who lose their homes and have to wander and forage and flee to some type of safety if they can.

We do need rain desperately. Aside from some drops here and there, nothing of any consequence for over two months now.

• Like 1

We had some pretty heavy storms come through last night. Quite a few roadways were flooded. But we needed the rain. Temperatures have dropped into the 90s which is nice.

The complete opposite of a hurricane. :D-13:

Enjoy that weather very much! It certainly a lot more pleasant, safe & and one hell of a lot less stressfull!

:LOL:

We did get a "hurrricane" here once in 1987 but it wasn't really a proper hurricane. It was a temperate-latitude low pressure system with fronts and several discrete air masses, albeit an exceptionally violent one with hurricane-type force winds, sustained over coastal areas for several hours.

• Like 2