Caress Of Steel Lithograph

apetersvt

Another project I've thought of is buying another copy of The Art of Rush and having all of the cover images framed. The colors are amazing. Hemispheres looks incredible.

I liked what they did last fall with the poster proofs for the R40 Forum poster; there were 500 that they put on sale and it was at a more reasonable price.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/s-l225.jpg

That's a completely different product--it's just a signed, numbered show poster rolled up in a tube, and it's a silk screen, not a framed and matted lithograph. A lot of bands are doing this, and a growing number of artists make names for themselves doing them. I have a way too large collection of show posters ranging from ones my band played to Soundgarden and mastodon. In fact one artist in particular who has done posters for shows I played at has done a ton of work for a ton of heavy rock bands that are current. Generally those run from $35 to $50 at original point of sale, and can go up from there on resale depending on how hot the artist is. since they aren't made in big numbers they can end up rare and desirable if the artist gets more famous.

This one is special to me since I was there and on top of it 8-1-15 was my wifes birthday.
  • Like 3

Do they have a Platinum edition Diamond remastered Gold standard release of Subdivisions music video also? :facepalm:

The Platinum LIMITED EDITION Diamond remastered Gold standard re- release of the Subdivisions Music video features:

A remastered Super Duper WOW HD version of the video of Subdivisions

An additional 3 seconds at the beginning showing the mailbox from Le Studio in 1982

An 11 minute documentary called 'Inside the Subdivision' featuring interviews with the actors in the school as well as narration from Nigel McWelpinstein the original production assistant

A still frame lithograph signed by not only the director but also a cameraman from the original shoot

A special 5 piece historical version box containing 1 DVD/ 1 Blu Ray/ 1 VHS/ 1 Laser Disc and a digital code to watch online

These are limited to 2112 copies and the amazing cost is ONLY $149.00 plus 18.99 shipping

• Like 2

I liked what they did last fall with the poster proofs for the R40 Forum poster; there were 500 that they put on sale and it was at a more reasonable price.

That's a completely different product--it's just a signed, numbered show poster rolled up in a tube, and it's a silk screen, not a framed and matted lithograph. A lot of bands are doing this, and a growing number of artists make names for themselves doing them. I have a way too large collection of show posters ranging from ones my band played to Soundgarden and mastodon. In fact one artist in particular who has done posters for shows I played at has done a ton of work for a ton of heavy rock bands that are current. Generally those run from $35 to $50 at original point of sale, and can go up from there on resale depending on how hot the artist is. since they aren't made in big numbers they can end up rare and desirable if the artist gets more famous.

Interesting! Thank you for explaining the difference, and wow, a cool job for that artist who does the current band posters. :)

He's getting a lot of good work. I think lamb of god was the last band he did some shirt designs for, and I think he did a poster for coc clutch and lamb of god on the tour. There are lots of guys still doing silk screen posters, Chuck sperry, emek, munk one, zoltan, Tara macpherson. Frank kozik and Marc Dancy did a lot of them back in the day.

• Like 1

Do they have a Platinum edition Diamond remastered Gold standard release of Subdivisions music video also? :facepalm:

The Platinum LIMITED EDITION Diamond remastered Gold standard re- release of the Subdivisions Music video features:

A remastered Super Duper WOW HD version of the video of Subdivisions

An additional 3 seconds at the beginning showing the mailbox from Le Studio in 1982

An 11 minute documentary called 'Inside the Subdivision' featuring interviews with the actors in the school as well as narration from Nigel McWelpinstein the original production assistant

A still frame lithograph signed by not only the director but also a cameraman from the original shoot

A special 5 piece historical version box containing 1 DVD/ 1 Blu Ray/ 1 VHS/ 1 Laser Disc and a digital code to watch online

These are limited to 2112 copies and the amazing cost is ONLY $149.00 plus 18.99 shipping

Now I am thinking I kinda want to see this happen.

• Like 1

Up until now, I was under the impression that, as art director, Hugh Syme merely put together existing images or photographs and created the "look" but not the actual art ..

I was completely in the dark on this one, as Hugh used pencil to draw the actual Caress Of Steel cover images

Nice job Hugh !!!

"The first one I did was Caress of Steel. They were pencil drawings, even though they don't look like it on the album. They printed them in a sort of pseudo-sepia tone. I had vignetted with an airbrush the blue area around the illustrations, which was later reinterpreted by the film strippers who were making the jackets in Chicago at the time. They took it upon themselves to cut a hard-edged mask around it. The lettering was cast, and chrome plated." - Hugh Syme, Creem, 1983

Another project I've thought of is buying another copy of The Art of Rush and having all of the cover images framed. The colors are amazing. Hemispheres looks incredible.

That's actually not a bad idea...you'd think that they would release each album cover in that "art-mode" and have them individually available for doing something like that! (and not soak people by forcing them to pay the same price as the entire book for each one)

Hell maybe even making the first 100 of each, numbered with autographs available, then just selling the rest with no autographs... (and since this was my idea, providing me the 1/100 cover of each one as a thank you for giving them this idea!)

• Like 2

Interesting! Thank you for explaining the difference, and wow, a cool job for that artist who does the current band posters. :)

He's getting a lot of good work. I think lamb of god was the last band he did some shirt designs for, and I think he did a poster for coc clutch and lamb of god on the tour. There are lots of guys still doing silk screen posters, Chuck sperry, emek, munk one, zoltan, Tara macpherson. Frank kozik and Marc Dancy did a lot of them back in the day.

I framed and matted that R40 myself.

I'm not much of a fan of the silk screen art posters.(unless they speak to me in some way like that R40 does.)

I have a few autographed Arminski's I got from a booth he had at a record show once. It seems to be a novel idea at the time as a throwback to those 60s and 70's posters so I never really jumped on that train.when it seemed like any artist was doing them. I have a few that I like the design, but that's really it. A lot of them just lose me artistically.

• Like 1