4 millionth post upcoming....what will it be?

laughedatbytime

4 million  

28 members have voted

1. 1. The 4 millionth post in TRF is coming up, what will it be?

• Another post about whether Permanent Waves is a 70s or 80s album?
    • John Rogers trying to rehabilitate the Synth Era
    • SPAM on TOST
    • utter gibberish resulting from someone hitting their head on the keyboard trying to stay awake while reading Peart's blog
    • Someone posting about how Geddy is SO HAWWWWWT!
    • A fraroc post that no one will read because everyone has him blocked
    • A poll thread on Face Up vs Bravest Face
    • The return of rushgoober with a thread about how wrong he was about Vapor Trails (but not Twilight movies)
    • treeduck posting about the latest camp fodder the Saints are bringing in
    • The long awaited first post from one Mr. Dick Tree
    • Some BS about what constitutes a TrueRushFan followed by 73 shutting the place down for a few weeks
    • Something else (please give your ideas below)

TOG

explain 'post= stamps' if you would

thanks

When you quote a comment, the count appears. Below is the one I got from your post

quote name='ghostworks' timestamp='1464908224' post='4000183'

I think that epic post should be reserved for 73...it is really his party after all. :dweez:

Out of curiosity, were 2M or 3M celebrated? I was around at both times and don't recall

I was wondering the same thing.

Yes. Both milestones happened in Grand Designs.

For the 2M celebration party, strippers carrying pitchers of beer were everywhere. It was the happiest I've ever seen treeduck.

For the 3M celebration party, TRF looked like that Star Trek original series episode where the local townspeople go nuts only at a certain time of day. "You are not of The Body!"

• Like 4

TOG

thanks

When you quote a comment, the count appears. Below is the one I got from your post

gotcha

even though quoting this says Gabrielgil513' post='4000224 and the board reads 3995234 Total Posts

TOG

thanks

gotcha

even though quoting this says Gabrielgil513' post='4000224 and the board reads 3995234 Total Posts

Oh that is what those numbers mean...interesting. Perhaps Surrender77 did earn the lofty No-Prize.

the 5000 gap may account for all the posts/topics that may have been deleted through TRF's history. While the forum doesn't say it has 4m right now, 4m have been made. Some are ghosts

I'd wager the difference in posts is due to the hidden moderator subforum.
  • Like 1

the 5000 gap may account for all the posts/topics that may have been deleted through TRF's history. While the forum doesn't say it has 4m right now, 4m have been made. Some are ghosts

Wait...a what??? There is a more exclusive club than SOCN?

This is correct. A lot of duplicate posts and threads have been deleted over the years. Curiously, a member's post count does not go down if a duplicate post they made is deleted.

thanks

Deleted posts don't affect the post count as far as that quote tag number is concerned because if you those numbers changed every time we deleted a post you'd see the quoted post change to a different post -- that number is a reference to that particular post so it can't change.

No, posts made in the mod forum count towards the number we see on the main page, just like posts made in SOCN count -- remember, most TRFers don't have access to SOCN, yet everyone sees the same post count.

This is the forum post count:

Yes, the number in the main page is the number we go by when celebrating milestones.

• Like 2

This is correct. A lot of duplicate posts and threads have been deleted over the years. Curiously, a member's post count does not go down if a duplicate post they made is deleted.

thanks

Deleted posts don't affect the post count as far as that quote tag number is concerned because if you those numbers changed every time we deleted a post you'd see the quoted post change to a different post -- that number is a reference to that particular post so it can't change.

No, posts made in the mod forum count towards the number we see on the main page, just like posts made in SOCN count -- remember, most TRFers don't have access to SOCN, yet everyone sees the same post count.

Yes, the number in the main page is the number we go by when celebrating milestones.

Do you have a way to see the real 4 millionth post?

• Like 2

I garphed and googled. (me- circa 1979. I had 'made up' Google before they did.....)

thanks

What do you consider the "real" post count?

Do you have a way to see the real 4 millionth post?

If we know the exact difference between the main page post count and the count we see in the quote tags, then we can figure it out -- as long as someone is paying attention when the main page counter hits 4 mil so we can narrow down which posts to look at.

• Like 2

Asshole! Now everyone knows I'm stupid!!

• Like 3

Asshole! Now everyone knows I'm stupid!!

You're always a king in my eyes :codger: , Your Awesomeness, even if you do have a low I.Q. :)

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :hug2: :kisshug:

• Like 2