Name the greatest BLACK SABBATH live album and I'll name mine.

treeduck

My favourite SABBATH live album is not even a Sabbath album it's Ozzy Osbourne's Speak of the Devil. It ROARS!! And despite no Iommi or Geezer Butler or Ward it sounds incredible and with an amazing setlist including Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Symptom of the Universe, Never Say Die, Snowblind, Fairies Wear Boots and The Wizard

Here's my top 3 Sabbs Live albums:

1. Ozzy Osbourne - Speak of the Devil

2. Mob Rules (Deluxe Edition disc 2 Live at the Hammersmith Odeon)

3. Live Evil

• Like 2

Speak Of The Devil does have a great setlist. But being the Dio fanboy that I am, I will always go with Live Evil. I like the live version of Voodoo better than the studio version.

Have you heard disc 2 of the Mob Rules deluxe edition? it totally blows Live Evil away! You need that one!

Speak Of The Devil does have a great setlist. But being the Dio fanboy that I am, I will always go with Live Evil. I like the live version of Voodoo better than the studio version.

Have you heard disc 2 of the Mob Rules deluxe edition? it totally blows Live Evil away! You need that one!

That's the first one that popped in my head when I read the title

That's the first one that popped in my head when I read the title

Which one?

My favorite Black Sabbath live album is a bootleg called Live In New Jersey 1975.

I was going to say the very same thing. Convention Hall - Asbury Park, New Jersey - 05 August 1975 (Soundboard).

• Like 3

My favourite SABBATH live album is not even a Sabbath album it's Ozzy Osbourne's Speak of the Devil. It ROARS!! And despite no Iommi or Geezer Butler or Ward it sounds incredible and with an amazing setlist including Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Symptom of the Universe, Never Say Die, Snowblind, Fairies Wear Boots and The Wizard

3. Live Evil

Though I went with another choice altogether..."Speak of the Devil" is the hands down winner of your three choices! :haz:

• Like 1

3. Live Evil

I respect gillis for filling in but how can you pick him over Iommi?

3. Live Evil

I respect gillis for filling in but how can you pick him over Iommi?

It's not really him it's the whole album. Iommi already worked his magic coming up with these songs on the studio albums. Unfortunately there has never been a definitive Sabbath live statement. This is the best live "Sabbath" album and while I'd never rate Gillis over Iommi he fuckking rocks on this album and he only had a few days to learn the songs and rehearse.

3. Live Evil

Though I went with another choice altogether..."Speak of the Devil" is the hands down winner of your three choices! :haz:

:blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

Speak of the Devil has so much more energy than Live Evil, even though I think Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules are Sabbath's two best albums. Live at Hammersmith Odeon is better than Live Evil. I love the setlist on Radio City, but by then Ronnie's voice had deteriorated pretty badly. There's a great soundboard from the Dehumanizer tour, Class of Boston 92, that has a great setlist, and Dio still sounds amazing.

From the Ozzy era, I love Live at Last. It gets ripped as being too raw, but for me, that's what a live album is.

• Like 2

I had both when they were released but just remember listening to live evil for months on end while I on,y listened to speak a handful of times. I definitely prefer live evil.

My favorite Black Sabbath live album is a bootleg called Live In New Jersey 1975.

I was at that show in Asbury Park and have the bootleg as well. Fantastic sound for a bootleg at the time.

Sabbath were ON that night !!!

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

I had both when they were released but just remember listening to live evil for months on end while I on,y listened to speak a handful of times. I definitely prefer live evil.

The mixing on Live Evil is bad though. It sounds like you're standing outside a car listening to the album on the car's stereo, and the windows are up.

Reunion. Hands down. The band just had the heaviest sound and the crowd played off of them so well. Iommi's tone on "Into the Void" and "Children of the Grave" is f***ing spectacular.

Reunion. Hands down. The band just had the heaviest sound and the crowd played off of them so well. Iommi's tone on "Into the Void" and "Children of the Grave" is f***ing spectacular.

I haven't listened to that one in a while. I remember the studio tracks were weak. Psycho Man sounds like they wrote with the idea to write something like Iron Man.