Free (temporarily) Mastering Engine

Also note that I posted my professional audio credits so feel free to take shots at me.

Most people don't operate like you do and want to go rounds of tit for tat.

I'm most of those people.

I was hoping you found something better to do with your credentials. The past several days have been blissful without you.

• Like 1

Anyone can claim to be a mastering engineer and charge $20 a song, but again you get what you pay for...

I only "call out" incorrect information, not individuals. :)

We both know that was a cheap shot. At least be a man and admit when you're not being one.

You challenged his authoritah. How else could he respond but to go personal? (Rhetorical question, that one.) Trust me, you're not the first recipient of that behavior.

I am not trying to dupe people into using my services.

Who the hell accused you of doing that?!

Sound cloud are now offering a generic mastering service too.

https://www.landr.co...oundCloudSignUp

Would be good to hear opinions of those who have used this.

Says you will only get 2 "low resolution" MP3s per month with the free account.

I'll upload something and do an A/B with an existing master.

Okayish results. Just like the originally posted service (also included below), the apparent volume of the raw mix goes up but doesn't seem to benefit the actual quality of the recording. In other words, very little if any customization to the "tone":

LANDR at "medium" setting [starts about 0:10]

eMastered at default settings [starts about 0:10]

My Original

Edited by stoopid
  • Like 1

Okayish results. Just like the originally posted service (also included below), the apparent volume of the raw mix goes up but doesn't seem to benefit the actual quality of the recording. In other words, very little if any customization to the "tone":

LANDR at "medium" setting [starts about 0:10]

eMastered at default settings [starts about 0:10]

My Original

Cheers for that.

Between your original and eMastered sounds good. The landr sounds ok. I like your vocal delivery, sounds Gary Newman Interpol, cool music.

I think for me regards mastering, I'll stick with the professionals, or my waves chain.

Cheers for that.

Between your original and eMastered sounds good. The landr sounds ok. I like your vocal delivery, sounds Gary Newman Interpol, cool music.

I think for me regards mastering, I'll stick with the professionals, or my waves chain.

That's actually a friend/collaborator singing, I did the rest.

Neither of the online solutions are substitutes for actually mastering it yourself or paying someone. All mixes, even good ones (my mix was about where I wanted everything) need some adjustment after. These "e" mastering solutions don't do any of that fine tuning. The pro for these is not everyone has the software or hardware for doing proper mastering, so for them this is perhaps better than nothing if they're on a tight budget or just doing the songs for themselves/limited audience. They certainly have their usefulness, and don't make the mix sound any *worse*.

• Like 1

Cheers for that.

That's actually a friend/collaborator singing, I did the rest.

Neither of the online solutions are substitutes for actually mastering it yourself or paying someone. All mixes, even good ones (my mix was about where I wanted everything) need some adjustment after. These "e" mastering solutions don't do any of that fine tuning. The pro for these is not everyone has the software or hardware for doing proper mastering, so for them this is perhaps better than nothing if they're on a tight budget or just doing the songs for themselves/limited audience. They certainly have their usefulness, and don't make the mix sound any *worse*.

Yes I agree. I tried one of my mixes with the eMastering and i was pleasantly surprised by the results, it certainly improved my mix. However, compared to my specific mastering, where I am going into specific frequencies etc, for specific aims, it doesn't compare and understandably so. Hence the term 'generic' as I stated.

These online quick fix mastering services, certainly have their uses in certain situations, but for my aims generally, it doesn't apply.