Tragically Hip's Gordon Downie has cancer...

sullysue

The arsholes at Ticketmaster should be shot and pissed on!!!!!!!

f**k stubhub. I am so grateful that I was able to find tickets during the presale, but everything about today pisses me off. We should not be seeing a venue sold out within seconds, and then 2,000+ tickets ending up online for 5 times the price.

f**k stubhub. I am so grateful that I was able to find tickets during the presale, but everything about today pisses me off. We should not be seeing a venue sold out within seconds, and then 2,000+ tickets ending up online for 5 times the price.

Am I on Hipbase or TRF? Almost no one over there got tix in the public on sale. Ppl were getting "sorry no tickets" one minute after the onsale time.

Stunning that the Hip tour is making R40 look like an easy ticket.

Am I on Hipbase or TRF? Almost no one over there got tix in the public on sale. Ppl were getting "sorry no tickets" one minute after the onsale time.

Stunning that the Hip tour is making R40 look like an easy ticket.

I lucked out on Tuesday for the 2nd Edmonton show. So grateful I could get them, considering how few people got tickets on hipbase.

I must say this would be wierd for me to see them this tour. Just my thoughts and not upset they are not coming to the states.

One time they came here to indiana. They played a tiny club, maybe 400 people or so. It was awesome.

Ive seen them alot from my time in michigan and consider myself fortunate

A friend I'm going with to one of the Toronto shows was able to get decent tickets during the pre-sale despite the fact within 30 seconds a message popped up saying it was sold out. She just kept refreshing the page and eventually she got in. I know that might not help anyone who got shut out from the pre-sale or whatever, but it's something to keep in mind - not to give up right away when those messages pop up.

I come from downtown, born ready for you

Funny, i missed all your great quotes. Ive been posting alot of Gord--isms in TOST lately.

I used to think Neil was the best when I was very young. Then I became a Hip fan...

• Like 1

Tour is over :(

Customs almost didn't let me in ;) "when was your last visit here? ...me...uh...uh...30 years maybe?? " Just got back from Metropolis Noir the other day.

Bucket list item accomplished, seeing the Hip with 22,000 fans in Canada! What a show! Thanks GD for the courage to go public with this terrible news and the strength to tour with it.

Thanks Canada for an experience I'll never forget!

• Like 1

Tour is over :(

Customs almost didn't let me in ;) "when was your last visit here? ...me...uh...uh...30 years maybe?? " Just got back from Metropolis Noir the other day.

Bucket list item accomplished, seeing the Hip with 22,000 fans in Canada! What a show! Thanks GD for the courage to go public with this terrible news and the strength to tour with it.

Thanks Canada for an experience I'll never forget!

The NYTimes had a really good piece about the show in Monday's paper. Even included a quote from Geddy Lee, who attended the Toronto show.

I posted a link in the Canadian Rock Bands thread.

• Like 1