I'm in the process of moving

ILSnwdog

And it sucks!!!! :rage: keeping the house nice when its on the market, jumping through hoops for the inspections and appraisers, and then packing. I'm tired and sore...and we haven't even moved yet. :(

Everything should be better by Friday, when we have everything in the new house. :banana:

Moved six months ago before selling the existing house. Double mortgage ! Now in the middle of a sale. Home inspectors are dumb-asses. Appraisal was to be done today. probably gonna have to address a couple of cracked windows and no handrail on back deck because the buyer is a first time home buyer FHA loan.

It was all God because I would never had done it this way. It's all good though as we now have a larger home with a built in pool for $24,000 less than it appraised for and less than what I could have built it all for.

Moving sux after 18 years in the same place. Where did all this crap come from?????

Edited by Mystic Rythm
  • Like 2

Moved 15 times in 47 years, Dad was military and my job required the same commitment.

You learn to hang on to very little.

A move forces one to eliminate clutter, look at it as a positive.

Best of luck

• Like 2

Well, moving is tiring and it brings a lot of work, but the result is quite cool when it ends.

Then you'll start the process of unpaking, changing things, preparing personal space and decorating, which is a good thing.

You can do it listening to lots of Rush and other bands of your appreication,

It'll be great later, I know. :D

Good luck! :hi:

• Like 1

All the best Snowdog

Gutting the kitchen will be fun - that's the part I love about moving into a new place

Just keep the basement doors and windows open in your old place while they take that radon measurement

They put tape on the windows so you can't open them! But we passed, so no worries! :ebert: Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 1

I feel for you. I'm packing and getting ready to move myself. It's so stressful.

:yes: I hope it all goes well for you!
  • Like 1

im thinking of selling my place and renting an apartment. Im sick of the maintenance all by myself. Trouble is i owe probably more than what i would probably get for it. It's a mobile i bought when the market was good ! Ten years ago.

Take it slow Snwdog ! :cool: It's all worth it.

• Like 1

Wow. What is this, Moving season? Good luck!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananaParty.gif
  • Like 1

im thinking of selling my place and renting an apartment. Im sick of the maintenance all by myself. Trouble is i owe probably more than what i would probably get for it. It's a mobile i bought when the market was good ! Ten years ago.

Renting sucks, because you are paying someone else's mortgage. If you don't want maintenance, get a townhouse or condo.

When you rent, that money you pay is gone, forever. When you own, part of that money goes back to you in equity, and the part that doesn't is a tax write off.

• Like 2

Renting sucks, because you are paying someone else's mortgage. If you don't want maintenance, get a townhouse or condo.

When you rent, that money you pay is gone, forever. When you own, part of that money goes back to you in equity, and the part that doesn't is a tax write off.

:yes:
  • Like 2

You are right ! A townhouse or condo sounds perfect. I owe to much on this to have a substantial down payment tho. I hope my tax guy gives me a tax write off. Thanks for your input !

• Like 1

You are right ! A townhouse or condo sounds perfect. I owe to much on this to have a substantial down payment tho. I hope my tax guy gives me a tax write off. Thanks for your input !

Keep in mind that you only need 3% down to get an FHA mortgage.
  • Like 1

I dread the day when the Mrs and I downsize due to being empty nesters. She has antique furniture that's been passed down in her family that are 'non negotiable' keepers. Enough to fill a large bedroom. I consider it 'old wood stuff that's in the way' and don't share her enthusiasm. Some of it is actually quite homely IMO. I think negotiating world peace with Putin would be easier than negotiating with my wife over her 'precious'.

http://cdn.emgn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/EMGN-Simpsons-3.jpg

Well we are in. What a horrible process. I was so sore and tired. Things are finally chilling out.

I took this picture from my back deck today.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/ILsnwdog/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpspmxqgwzi.jpeg

Edited by ILSnwdog
  • Like 9

Yeesh. Best of luck, Jim.

How far away are you headed?

Just 1.9 miles from my current house. The kids are staying into the same school and everything.

Guessing they don't ask you for help with their English homework? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. Congrats on the move. Here's a beer! :hail: :cheers:

• Like 1

Yeesh. Best of luck, Jim.

How far away are you headed?

Just 1.9 miles from my current house. The kids are staying into the same school and everything.

Guessing they don't ask you for help with their English homework? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. Congrats on the move. Here's a beer! :hail: :cheers:

:moon: :LOL:

Looks nice.. my kind of location. What body of water is that ?

It's just a small lake. Not even big enough for motor boats.

It's nice to look at though.

• Like 3

Looks nice.. my kind of location. What body of water is that ?

It's just a small lake. Not even big enough for motor boats.

It's nice to look at though.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/motorboats-prohibited-240x180.jpg
  • Like 4