Star Trek: Beyond -- 2nd Trailer

Principled Man

I finished watching Generations on a second night. It wasn't as boring or uninteresting as I remembered. Although the Data emotion chip humor really doesn't age well. Why doesn't Picard have a communicator insignia pin on the planet?

I'm now giving the Undiscovered Country the two night treatment. First half is 4.5 stars if you're a Trek fan.

ST6 is one of my favorites. I almost shit myself (in a bad way) when I saw it on TV and they only rated it 2 stars.

Hmmm... Is there a good way to shit yourself?

I started the second half with the arrival of Kirk and McCoy on the Klingon prison planet Hoth. Although there is more action in the second half I rate it 3.75 stars. I really enjoy the character development and laying out the plot of the first half. Still a great Trek film but the Shakespeare quotes are over done.

I finished watching Generations on a second night. It wasn't as boring or uninteresting as I remembered. Although the Data emotion chip humor really doesn't age well. Why doesn't Picard have a communicator insignia pin on the planet?

I'm now giving the Undiscovered Country the two night treatment. First half is 4.5 stars if you're a Trek fan.

ST6 is one of my favorites. I almost shit myself (in a bad way) when I saw it on TV and they only rated it 2 stars.

Hmmm... Is there a good way to shit yourself?

I started the second half with the arrival of Kirk and McCoy on the Klingon prison planet Hoth. Although there is more action in the second half I rate it 3.75 stars. I really enjoy the character development and laying out the plot of the first half. Still a great Trek film but the Shakespeare quotes are over done.

It's definitely my second favorite Trek film (after Khan, of course). First Contact would be third.

One of Christopher Plummer's best, most underrated performances.

Captain Von Trapp playing Klingon General Chang!! :ebert:

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Anton+Yelchin+Premiere+Paramount+Pictures+6d04OCgNjqJl.jpg

:( :( :(

RIP Anton.

I wonder if they've filmed all the Chekov parts for the new film?

Yes they did. The film opens in aboot three weeks in the USA.

RIP Anton.

I wonder if they've filmed all the Chekov parts for the new film?

Yes they did. The film opens in aboot three weeks in the USA.

I suppose they'll dedicate the film to him now.

I was thinking the same while doing yard work. There should be enough time to add a dedication or RIP during the credits.

It seems that the makers of Star Trek: Beyond are rewriting Sulu as a gay character.

George Takei, the original Sulu from the Original Series, is not happy with the change. I agree with him. It's a blatant attempt by the writers to advance a specific social/political agenda.

Film makers these days are so full of themselves......

• Like 1

It seems that the makers of Star Trek: Beyond are rewriting Sulu as a gay character.

George Takei, the original Sulu from the Original Series, is not happy with the change. I agree with him. It's a blatant attempt by the writers to advance a specific social/political agenda.

I disagree thinking it's the ultimate tip of the hat to Ol'George.

I watched the video he put up on Facebook. I agree too. Should have made a new gay character, not change an existing one.

I agree with Simon Pegg, the new character would be the Gay character. Hell many of us now imagine Sulu gay anyway.

I don't think the filmmakers are trying to advance any kind of agenda either. I just think they're trying to cash in on the topic itself THROUGH Takei. So though it may seem like a tip of the hat, I don't think it really is. They're simply money grubbing vultures with no agenda except making cash.

I don't think the filmmakers are trying to advance any kind of agenda either. I just think they're trying to cash in on the topic itself THROUGH Takei. So though it may seem like a tip of the hat, I don't think it really is. They're simply money grubbing vultures with no agenda except making cash.

Film companies are always interested in increasing profits. I've always thought that they are amoral. They will put just about anything in their films - no matter how controversial or horrible - if it will make money.

But remaking the character of Sulu as gay? I don't see how that could increase profits to any significant degree. Do they hope to get a lot more gay people to see the film? If anything, it will make more people skip the film, as they won't like seeing a classic Star Trek character being altered so much.

Film companies are always interested in increasing profits. I've always thought that they are amoral. They will put just about anything in their films - no matter how controversial or horrible - if it will make money.

But remaking the character of Sulu as gay? I don't see how that could increase profits to any significant degree. Do they hope to get a lot more gay people to see the film? If anything, it will make more people skip the film, as they won't like seeing a classic Star Trek character being altered so much.

Publicity. Controversy. These things can generate revenue.

Studios exist to make profit. The artists, the directors, actors, writers, want to continue making a pay check but let's not pretend that the artists are still working in the closet.

I agree. Why show him with a love interest at all?? Facts are facts and Sulu's just a helmsmen in the end (OH MY!)

Take that extra time and focus on telling a great story instead!*

*And take that Spock / Uhura nonsense out while they're at it.

• Like 1